Ireland vs the Hakka

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland vs the Hakka

Post by Shan »

dcpete wrote:I was at the game on Saturday and was very surprised how few members of the crowd sang Amhrán na bhFiann. Normally I stand there feeling a bit awkward because I don't know the words but it was apparent no one around me did either. Ireland's Call was sung with notably more gusto.

Happily though there was a free fleg on every other seat to keep us Nordies happy.
Some people may just decide they don't want to over-exercise themselves so just sing one of the songs. Or you could have been in the D4 section. Most of them struggle with English, never mind Irish. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
dcpete
Novice

Post by dcpete »

Shan wrote:
dcpete wrote:I was at the game on Saturday and was very surprised how few members of the crowd sang Amhrán na bhFiann. Normally I stand there feeling a bit awkward because I don't know the words but it was apparent no one around me did either. Ireland's Call was sung with notably more gusto.

Happily though there was a free fleg on every other seat to keep us Nordies happy.
Some people may just decide they don't want to over-exercise themselves so just sing one of the songs. Or you could have been in the D4 section. Most of them struggle with English, never mind Irish. :D
:lol: Yea, even the sniffiest of the D4 set wouldn't have complained much about our seats. Best I've ever had, halfway line 14 rows in, so directly opposite Michael D.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
I am offended that you are offended, fada me oul' hole. Shammy's keyboard is clearly an Ulster keyboard of a certain persuasion that for decades has abhored this European fetish for silly lines & squiggles fernenst forbye, forbove or below letters that Gawd intended for be pure, unadultered letters, nat fancy European letters as favoured by nun other than oul'red sax in the Vatycan himself.

As an Ulsterman, clearly my offence takes complete and utter umbrage at your petty offence, til the extentr that my hearty is fill sore. Nigh, be a gantle man an' apalogise til the lady.
The legend striketh again. Excellent work Baggy. :D

Never apologise, never explain as the legendary former poster Stiffboy once said. Remember him Baggy? I still think he had some of the most ridiculously brilliant posts I've seen.
I never apologised stato.
I suppose on reflection I may have tried to explain.
When you're in possion of superior intelligence, what do you do? Kill or explain?
I'm a patrician,not a nazi, a fundamentalist muslim nor just plain dumb. My religion teaches me I must engage with stupid people all over the world. Hence my explanotary post.So I may have departed from the script, slightly.
I will never apologise for anything though.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

If anyone feels like I do, PP will offer 125/1 on a 100+ score from NZ.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:I always thought the words were

wrapped in shiny foil
noises repeat
Shiny bacon foil
*lots of humming for the rest, except for the last word in the last line when you just shout...*
ARRAAAA NAVVEEEEEEENNNNN YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Awwww I see Russ has a new friend. That's really heartening to see. Gives hope to everybody. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:If anyone feels like I do, PP will offer 125/1 on a 100+ score from NZ.
PP do rather love taking candy from babies. Just don't let them take your milk as well.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I thought we were getting along Shan, and now you do this to me!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

My goodness Russ, here I am being delighted that you have accumulated a friend and offering you some good advice about swimming with the sharks in the bookmaking fraternity and it appears I am not being taken at face value.

I just don't know what to do now.

Gwan.

>TLGH
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

If only he wasn't injured. :D

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:If only he wasn't injured. :D

Saw this last night, and wondered where POM was.

Swiftly realised those were all forward biffing about
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Shan wrote:Best thing to do with the Haka is to just let them get on with it. Making a big show only distracts you from your objetives. SA never complain about it as far as I know, never make a big deal about it. Neither do France to the best of my knowledge. Those teams have the best record against NZ and haven't lost the game before it starts.

I understand Joe printed this out for each Irish squad member. Ah well it almost worked. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I am offended that you are offended, fada me oul' hole. Shammy's keyboard is clearly an Ulster keyboard of a certain persuasion that for decades has abhored this European fetish for silly lines & squiggles fernenst forbye, forbove or below letters that Gawd intended for be pure, unadultered letters, nat fancy European letters as favoured by nun other than oul'red sax in the Vatycan himself.

As an Ulsterman, clearly my offence takes complete and utter umbrage at your petty offence, til the extentr that my hearty is fill sore. Nigh, be a gantle man an' apalogise til the lady.
The legend striketh again. Excellent work Baggy. :D

Never apologise, never explain as the legendary former poster Stiffboy once said. Remember him Baggy? I still think he had some of the most ridiculously brilliant posts I've seen.
I never apologised stato.
I suppose on reflection I may have tried to explain.
When you're in possion of superior intelligence, what do you do? Kill or explain?
I'm a patrician,not a nazi, a fundamentalist muslim nor just plain dumb. My religion teaches me I must engage with stupid people all over the world. Hence my explanotary post.So I may have departed from the script, slightly.
I will never apologise for anything though.
He appears to have gone before I was a glimmer in Fermain's eye here Shan. Since you are a good judge of character I had a look for him & read a few posts. A plain talker whether right or wrong.

I liked this one:

And another thing!

Postby stiffboy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:17 am
This myth about Irish Lions. It's all a load of rubbish isn't it? How many more years are we content to swallow this crap?
In fact the Lions in general. example. You know that supposed story where the lions squad were meant to be behaving badly with a fire extinguisher in South Africa, and WJMCB emerged smoking a pipe and asked the local police to calm down because like, I'm Willie John McBride, and how many police have you got anyway?
That's fine for its day, but why are we still dining out on stupid, probably embellished stories like this.
If we don't win this tour, it should be scrapped. Right now it should be made up of mostly welsh, a few english, and the odd scotty/irish. Still lose anyway.
Ah, if only folk had paid attention to the Stiff One, I wouldn't have had to put up with the bloody Lions last summer. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.