Wales in 'not actually that great' shocker!!

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Wales in 'not actually that great' shocker!!

Post by darkside lightside »

They can count themselves very lucky there, they were slowly being ground down when they got that fluky try (and how lawes will be mocked in the video session :D), and at the death north should have been carded for slapping the ball into touch, and finally that looked like a try to me...

And England weren't absolutely out of this world, just goes to show that if your defence presses aggressively in midfield against their big guys, they suddenly look fairly ordinary - but of course deccie knows better...
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Samstew
Squire

Re: Wales in 'not actually that great' shocker!!

Post by Samstew »

darkside lightside wrote:They can count themselves very lucky there, they were slowly being ground down when they got that fluky try (and how lawes will be mocked in the video session :D), and at the death north should have been carded for slapping the ball into touch, and finally that looked like a try to me...

And England weren't absolutely out of this world, just goes to show that if your defence presses aggressively in midfield against their big guys, they suddenly look fairly ordinary - but of course deccie knows better...
Not much to add to that, with you 99%.
I thought the Welsh lad took his try very well.
Who would have thought that we would have two contentious TMO decisions in 24 hours?
The Welsh really do get some fortunate calls from officials.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Can't see how that was ever a try. No evidence of any part of Strettle's body being on top of that ball after it crossed the line. Hodgson would have made a horlix of the conversion in any case.

Did enjoy the "swallow dive". Didn't England have somebody who used to do that back in the day :lol:

That match only served to underline what a an opportunity we threw away in Dublin 3 weeks ago.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Two things Merv.
First, Strettle appeared to place the ball over the line with his hand from the view behind the sticks - perfectly legal. The TMO chickened out IMHO.
Secondly, Hodgson wasn't on the pitch. It was Flood. He might have missed as well but he should have had the chance.
And whoever said that North should have been binned was correct. Typical Welsh - a really good side but always ready to do the illegal thing to win. Shower of schitts.
Bo***cks to Brexit
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

I didnt think it was a try from Strettle, when he placed it I dont think it went over the line
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

rocky wrote:Typical Welsh - a really good side but always ready to do the illegal thing to win. Shower of schitts.
You've hit the nail on the head with that quote!
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by darkside lightside » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Firstly, it was never a try.

Secondly . . . pressing their big guys is all well and good when you have 2 big tackling centres on the pitch like Manu and BB. Totally different story if you try to send Darcy and McFadden in.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

And you know what you can say what you like but the record book will forever read Wales Triple Crown Winners 2012.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Meaningless wee trophy now Colin, I dont think anyones going to care too much.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

fuzzylogic wrote:Meaningless wee trophy now Colin, I dont think anyones going to care too much.
Except of course whenever Ireland win it.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

I still dont place any value on it then either.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Try telling these fellas they have not won a meaningful trophy ...... oh and good luck :twisted: :twisted:

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Can you win the triple crown or do you achieve the triple crown? It is not a competition. The only thing you can win is the 6N championship. You can also achieve a grand slam.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rocky wrote:Two things Merv.
First, Strettle appeared to place the ball over the line with his hand from the view behind the sticks - perfectly legal. The TMO chickened out IMHO.
Anybody able to post some visual evidence of that? I certainly didn't see it watching the replays. Perfectly happy to have my mind changed as with last night's effort.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Don't think he had any downward pressure though.