November test matches

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: November test matches

Post by Neill_M »

Saturday's Autumn Tests involving the 6N sides. All KO Times - UK Time.

2pm Italy v Australia Premier Sports 1
2.30pm Wales v Tonga BBC1
3pm England v Japan Sky Sports
5.20pm Scotland v South Africa BBC2
7pm Ireland v New Zealand Channel 4
8.05pm France v Argentina Premier Sports 1
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Firstly, Ireland's performance against Argentina means nothing, nada, zilch. It was just a hit-out for the game Joe has been building to for a while now. Unfortunately for Joe et al., a few key injuries will test Ireland to the core. I had placed a few bets with work colleagues that Ireland would win this one but with a couple more injuries I am now thinking NZ should have the edge across the park. If the irish pack have the game of their lives then certainly Ireland have a great chance at home but I think without Murray and Henshaw it's going to be tough. Can't wait though, should be a good contest.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I expect to be on my own on this but this a game I would prefer Ireland to lose — play well but lose . A win might make the squad over confident .

The fact is while their is a strong squad with cover in most positions we all know that the squad lacks depth at half back .

While the available cover is adequate at Pro14 there is a lack of assurance of consistency at International level .

The memories of Ireland playing Bulgaria in the World Cup under EoS expose the mistake of over confidence .For many teams Ireland’s current form and recent record make them a target for all second raters .
Ireland’s weakness at halfback means should a team rise to the occasion they might pull a surprise if Ireland fail to show the proper respect due to over confidence.

A reality check might be the best thing to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Be honest Baggy as the World’s Grumpest — you wish a pox on Cinderella.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Be honest Baggy as the World’s Grumpest — you wish a pox on Cinderella.

Does she goto Ollie's and has she two ugly sisters for my mates?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

All Blacks team:
1. Karl Tu'inukuafe, 2. Codie Taylor, 3. Owen Franks, 4. Sam Whitelock, 5. Brodie Retallick, 6. Liam Squire, 7. Ardie Savea, 8. Kieran Read, 9. Aaron Smith, 10. Beauden Barrett, 11. Rieko Ioane, 12. Ryan Crotty, 13. Jack Goodhue, 14. Ben Smith, 15. Damian McKenzie
Reserves: 16. Dane Coles, 17. Ofa Tuungafasi, 18. Nepo Laulala, 19. Scott Barrett, 20. Matt Todd, 21. TJ Perenara, 22. Richie Mo'unga, 23. Anton Lienert-Brown

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Looks week in the pack, half back and the three quarter line. Full back is outright crap.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'd expect that team to eviscerate Ireland, no Conor Murray, no chance nor a hint of a chance. Bloodbath.

Can't wait, I'll watch this with utter relish, g'wan NZ, in the repeated words of Stevie Ferris, "Smash them" the bogtrotting lowlife FIRFU quisling dogs, not one of whom publicly spoke up for their innocent colleagues fed to the social media howling mob and the hypocritical sponsors.

#FOFIRFU

#BringThemHome.
#GingerPrince :red:
#WeeStu :red:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ireland: R Kearney; K Earls, G Ringrose, B Aki, J Stockdale; J Sexton, K Marmion; C Healy, R Best (capt), T Furlong; D Toner, James Ryan; P O'Mahony, D Leavy, CJ Stander.
Replacements: S Cronin, J McGrath, A Porter, I Henderson, J van der Flier, L McGrath, J Carbery, J Larmour.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looks week in the pack, half back and the three quarter line. Full back is outright crap.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Looks week in the pack, half back and the three quarter line. Full back is outright crap.
SNAP :cheers:

I win. So will NZ, hopefully by an enormous margin with Bob flattened.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Is it just a recent thing that they're listing vice-captains?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

shamalicious wrote:Is it just a recent thing that they're listing vice-captains?

Already setting up rory's replacement.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

shamalicious wrote:Is it just a recent thing that they're listing vice-captains?

There was a time when the captain was a guy who not only was a good leader but also was expected to last the distance in a game. That is no longer the case. Our captain is most likely expected to get 50 minutes. Of course it could just be the IRFU having another stab at poor old Ulster. :D :D :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

222 Dave in disguise no two like minded idiots could make the same mistake ?