Rugby Championship

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M »

Good win for the Saffers this morning. They played well, although NZ were below par and Mr Barrett had a poor night re kicking 2/6.

The decision to not set up a DG at the end was strange.

Aussies v Argies is also a good watch.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M »

The Argie kit is a cracker to be fair.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Warms the cockles of my heart, SA beat the All Blacks in NZ then with the winning of the game in his hands, homophobe Israel Falau gets greedy instead of passing to an unmarked colleague and fu@ks it up. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The sort of despicable "Christian" I despise wholeheartedly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Erasmus was claiming to be under pressure. Michael Cheika definitely is.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

One of the best test matches I have seen in a long long time. Boks came all guns firing. Okay, they got a couple soft tries but it made for a highly entertaining spectacle. Shows how important a goal-kicker is and NZ will learn far more from that defeat than 20 wins.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:One of the best test matches I have seen in a long long time. Boks came all guns firing. Okay, they got a couple soft tries but it made for a highly entertaining spectacle. Shows how important a goal-kicker is and NZ will learn far more from that defeat than 20 wins.
What will they learn?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
againstthehead wrote:One of the best test matches I have seen in a long long time. Boks came all guns firing. Okay, they got a couple soft tries but it made for a highly entertaining spectacle. Shows how important a goal-kicker is and NZ will learn far more from that defeat than 20 wins.
What will they learn?
Moanga has to play
Beauden to 15
TJ perenara is a mouthy git who struggles to close out games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BB has consistantly shown he's not a test level goalkicker.

Is his all round play worth more than four missed goal kicks?

If Damian McKenzie or Jordy Barrett improved their kicking stats they'd be the nailed on fullback.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

They learnt that Retallick is virtually irreplaceable but then they probably realise that anyhow... they learnt that Ben Smith is a fecking genius but again they must know that.. They will have learnt defeat which for them going forward is a good thing.. they may even get beaten again in South Africa.. they may have learnt that SBW is still their best centre going into the next RWC..

I have always said that Barrett in the big game could be their downfall... too much talent in Barrett/Barrett/McKenzie/Smith that can play anywhere and that is before we get into anyone of three to four other wingers. it can be there strength but could turn out to be their weakness.

Why they never took the drop is beyond me..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:They learnt that Retallick is virtually irreplaceable but then they probably realise that anyhow... they learnt that Ben Smith is a fecking genius but again they must know that.. They will have learnt defeat which for them going forward is a good thing.. they may even get beaten again in South Africa.. they may have learnt that SBW is still their best centre going into the next RWC..

I have always said that Barrett in the big game could be their downfall... too much talent in Barrett/Barrett/McKenzie/Smith that can play anywhere and that is before we get into anyone of three to four other wingers. it can be there strength but could turn out to be their weakness.

Problem is, not taking the drop now will make sure they take the drop in the future

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:They learnt that Retallick is virtually irreplaceable but then they probably realise that anyhow... they learnt that Ben Smith is a fecking genius but again they must know that.. They will have learnt defeat which for them going forward is a good thing.. they may even get beaten again in South Africa.. they may have learnt that SBW is still their best centre going into the next RWC..

Problem is, not taking the drop now will make sure they take the drop in the future

Then that is another lesson learnt but one that even a schools side should have worked out... where they over confident? I seem to recall it was McKenzie that had dropped back and Barrett stayed up so they seemed to have both options covered.. anyway good for the game.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:

Then that is another lesson learnt but one that even a schools side should have worked out... where they over confident? I seem to recall it was McKenzie that had dropped back and Barrett stayed up so they seemed to have both options covered.. anyway good for the game.
Perenara picking wrong options
He's a really flakey 9. Loves to be flash but seems to lack composure under pressure

Mouthy twunt too

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Wonderful test match. Boks starting to look the business and have some cracking young players coming through. Ritchie Mounga could be the AB 10 come the world cup. Looks a player.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Argies off to a flyer, 7-0 after 3 minutes.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

12-0 after 4 minutes soon to be 14-0. :lol: