Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by Dave »

Ulster born Farrell starts
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Team for Saturday according to the beeb:-

Ireland team: Kearney; Earls, Farrell, Aki, Stockdale; Sexton, Murray; Healy, Best (capt), Porter; James Ryan, Toner; O'Mahony, Leavy, Stander.

Replacements: Cronin, McGrath, John Ryan, Roux, Conan, Marmion, Carbery, McFadden.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looks weak. Bench is woeful.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bookies have Ireland as 8 point favs, not sure why. Ireland might edge it by 3, a Welsh win in a close game cannot be ruled out.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Looks weak. Bench is woeful.
Bench is a joke. Long time since Ireland had such a weak bench

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Bookies have Ireland as 8 point favs, not sure why. Ireland might edge it by 3, a Welsh win in a close game cannot be ruled out.
Who has the whistle?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Bookies have Ireland as 8 point favs, not sure why. Ireland might edge it by 3, a Welsh win in a close game cannot be ruled out.
Who has the whistle?
Glen Jackson. Barnesy in Marseille tonight with Showtime doing the Calcutta Cup game.
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Banker away win, phenomenally Weak Paddybastards selection, G’wan Wales into the dirty Bogtrotting navvies.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Six Nations 17/18

Post by rumncoke »

Contrary to Baggy I watched Farrell in a preseason warm game , a few years ago , in Ulster colours and he had the Leicester centres on tender hooks waiting the next hit as 19 year old .

Thus as a defender I would rate him highly but as an attacking centre the jury is still waiting evidence to rate him positively .

Since International rugby is basically a game where mistakes are punished and where a positive attacking game seldom gets its reward I can understand his elevation into the Irish side .

Personally I consider the nick named of «  no hands Luke «  is really unkind to say the least and fails to take into account the fact that under Kiss Ulster were playing with a flat backline behind a pack which seldom got any distance beyond the gain line meant that Luke was frequently facing « a man and ball » situation from a player making a pass under pressure .

My problem with Luke is , like Earls , he gets his head into the wrong place when tackling and gets injured , too often ,for the teams good .

The back line Bench is uninspiring - Carberry is a talented disaster waiting to happen . Most definitely, in my opinion, unsuitable for an International outhalf — , an outhalf should be a reliable link , not a player who at the drop of a hat is about dart here -there and everywhere and disappear up his —-.

McFadden on the other hand is the reliable one playing in a position where you would desire a bit flair especially if your centres are defensive rather than an attacking combination .

The forward replacements look the best options available given the effects of current injuries .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A warm game... ok
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:A warm game... ok
Tender hooks...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Normally rains
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:A warm game... ok
Tender hooks...
Those are the ones that don’t hurt when you’re hung up by your ankle.

Almost as major a linguistic gaff as shoe-in, albeit shoe-in appears to do what it says on the tin...... but what the blue fück is a tender hook?

Dear dilapidated jaysus, and I thought Ron’n was educated. Pfffffffffffft
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

OK Baggy

In the part of the world I come from it was/is Tender Hooks two words not one but others may consider it one word which the English consider to be tenterhooks -- used to stress wool

And of course butchers hang their meat on Hooks to Tender it which could be an alternative source for the expression and meaning a person just there waiting for something to happen.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:OK Baggy

In the part of the world I come from it was/is Tender Hooks two words not one but others may consider it one word which the English consider to be tenterhooks -- used to stress wool

And of course butchers hang their meat on Hooks to Tender it which could be an alternative source for the expression and meaning a person just there waiting for something to happen.
Clearly tenterhooks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk