Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Munster 18/19

Post by Shan »

May as well kick off the thread as tis not too long now to the start of the season.

I'll pose an early question - Is the 18/19 Pro 14 a league that Munster should expect to win? :D

I'll say again I would love to see a Munster v Ulster final. Probably a long shot but feck it, we can dream at this stage anyway.

Anyway the news from the camp is that Joey Carbery is impressing all around him. Hopefully he can do that in the actual games as well. I know you guys will be wishing him well also. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:May as well kick off the thread as tis not too long now to the start of the season.

I'll pose an early question - Is the 18/19 Pro 14 a league that Munster should expect to win? :D

I'll say again I would love to see a Munster v Ulster final. Probably a long shot but feck it, we can dream at this stage anyway.

Anyway the news from the camp is that Joey Carbery is impressing all around him. Hopefully he can do that in the actual games as well. I know you guys will be wishing him well also. Image
Can you imagine the rampant sectarianism from the usual sources if Munstet played Ulster at Celtic Park?

Also Carberry will stink up the place

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:
Ballix. He is destined for greatness. By Christmas all Ulster fans will be very upset that he chose Munster over Ulster. I confidently predict that less that 0.1% of them will publicly admit it though.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:
Ballix. He is destined for greatness. By Christmas all Ulster fans will be very upset that he chose Munster over Ulster. I confidently predict that less that 0.1% of them will publicly admit it though.
No doubt he has some talent as a broken field runner. I'll admit it when he plays a full 80 mins at 10 in an important game and manages to control it. No sign yet that he is capable of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last edited by jean valjean on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:
To be fair to the Ulster fans, Shan, once it became clear (very quickly) that he did not want to come up north, we accepted that and most people decided it would be a bad idea to have a reluctant conscript. As it has turned out we now have three out halves with a great deal of potential, so I think most of us are quite happy to see him going to Munster. Whether or not he turns out to be the new messiah is definitely still a big question seeking an answer.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster fans moved on from Carberry.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Ulster fans moved on
Disgraceful.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Ulster fans moved on
Disgraceful.
Unsurprisingly, I've yet to move on, other than geographically. Right now I've a figure like a ni........... black chappie, only bigger.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Got a funny mirror--too magnifies everything by 3
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shan wrote:I'll pose an early question - Is the 18/19 Pro 14 a league that Munster should expect to win? :D
my pre-season shout - Munster will under-perform versus expectations this year, Ulster and Connacht will out-perform. I don't think Munster will be winning anything this year
..one more thing
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Columbo wrote:[my pre-season shout - Munster will under-perform versus expectations this year, Ulster and Connacht will out-perform. I don't think Munster will be winning anything this year
Feck - Surely you think Munster will at least win a few games?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Columbo wrote:[my pre-season shout - Munster will under-perform versus expectations this year, Ulster and Connacht will out-perform. I don't think Munster will be winning anything this year
Only those they are expected to win

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shan wrote:
Maybe the odd win, at home. Against some of the other weaker sides in the conference. :D
..one more thing
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Fair play. :lol:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Alby Mathewson, former NZ SH signed on short term deal to cover Conor Murray’s neck injury.