Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by Russ »

Munster sign another scrum half
Nick McCarthy from Leinster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Russ wrote:Munster sign another scrum half
Nick McCarthy from Leinster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So ulster will get hart in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Chris Farrell signs up for another 3 years
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Today was another BP win by Munster, which actually wasn't very impressive! It was a foregone conclusion when Cipriani was redded (right decision, Twelvetrees should probably have had one as well, Glaws tackling was crazy bad). A pretty terrible first half in terms of quality, in the second I flicked between it and the Castres game (which was a cracker) but didn't see much improvement. I LOLed when the MOTM was announced - Carberry! No harm to him I thought he was rubbish in the first half, passing to nobody, standing still deep and getting smashed, multiple kicks blocked down, and the last play of the first half, big turnover, nobody at home, he managed to hack the ball into touch. Maybe he had a big second half, his neat little offload for a try was lovely.

That said, if the match today was a BP win which wasn't very impressive, the one match that Munster have impressed me was a match they didn't win! Last week against Exeter I didn't see them getting anything but I thought they were superb and played the conditions really well.
..one more thing
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yeah Munster were sloppy at times and they have big questions about their discipline. Lineout in the first half especially was not good enough and the scrums were not great for both sides.

However Carbery wasn't as bad as you make out in the first half and in the second half he was excellent, including tackling everything that moved.

I'll take that win anyway. Puts us in a decent position overall.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

TBP win, nothing to complain about but Munster will not often have looked so average at home in the Heiny. The End.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Shan wrote:However Carbery wasn't as bad as you make out in the first half and in the second half he was excellent, including tackling everything that moved.
He must have been, he was even in the MidOl team of the week!
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster come back from 10-24 to beat Glasgow 25-24 with a penalty shot from near halfway with the clock gone.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wee joey dropped?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:Wee joey dropped?
At a guess being rested for next week. Could well start for Ireland v Italy in Chicago.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Great game to watch, Munster threatened to bully Weegies at times, then looked to have been owned when Weegies had 10-15 minutes dominance in the second half and the points looked like 0-5. A good last 15 minutes to turn defeat to victory and a superb kick from Rory Scanell when it was all on him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Very entertaining game alright. The last piece of play shows how much of a mess the ruck area has become though. Multiple offences from both sides and ref picks out one for the home team.

Stander tries to hit the ball carrier with a shoulder (no attempt to wrap his arms), misses him and then obstructs two Glasgow players trying to join the ruck. O'Mahony goes off his feet while trying to secure the ball while the Glasgow forwards do the same in an attempt to seal off the ruck. Complete and utter mess. Incredibly difficult for refs to judge in real time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

POM may have been completely off his feet and in no way was it a penalty but...... he does what he wants.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cormac wrote:Very entertaining game alright. The last piece of play shows how much of a mess the ruck area has become though. Multiple offences from both sides and ref picks out one for the home team.

Stander tries to hit the ball carrier with a shoulder (no attempt to wrap his arms), misses him and then obstructs two Glasgow players trying to join the ruck. O'Mahony goes off his feet while trying to secure the ball while the Glasgow forwards do the same in an attempt to seal off the ruck. Complete and utter mess. Incredibly difficult for refs to judge in real time.

You are right of course but it was the measure of Weegies, I grew increasingly irritated by the number of times that Weegies had what dear old Bill McLaren would have called Glasgow loiterers. Lads loitering on the wrong side once they had passed the breakdown without ever having been truly part of it, that would have been one thing, but they actually did it time without number with the sole apparent reason of holding or blocking Munster players attempting to compete. so no sympathy when they got crucially pinged

Dan Jones is a lamentable ref, he absolutely hammered Ulster at the same venue, (we might only have conceded 40 with a decent ref :lol: ) maybe yesterday he was determined not to be a homer ............... until the 81st minute.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cheetahs 26-30 Munster (2-5 MP) FT