Tigers watch 2018/19 season

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

tigerburnie
Warrior

Tigers watch 2018/19 season

Post by tigerburnie »

I thought I'd re kindle Russ's favourite subject as we are yet again to dance the fandango in the Heiney Cup this coming term. We really did have a bitch of a start last season under that nice Mr Matt O'Connor, but luckily the board managed to conjure up a savior in a forwards coach who actually knows what they are meant to do, so some semblance of order was restored.
Pre season training started last week, minus the Internationals who were busy earning their respective RFU's loads of lucre to keep the biscuit mountain up to full height.
We have some new faces and one or two have departed, still one more prop due from some Pacific Island somewhere as Leicestershire no longer has any.
Some thing has just occurred to me, we have this potty mouthed exiled head coach and you have this potty mouthed exiled head something or other, Baggy you ain't moon lighting in Leicester whilst pretending to be in sunnier climes are you? >yahoo
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Tigers watch 2018/19 season

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Know of any Irish qualified out halves in the Leicestershire area TB?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes TB, I am in Leicester leaving my much nicer cloned self here to be nice to everyone, speaking of which, jolly nice to hear from you again old bean. Are you still spreading the word in Chillyjockoland?

This will be your chance to draw level in the series Tiggers V Ulster. Currently 5-3 to Ulster I believe, but we couldn't bate eggs, despite winning our last clatter of games with a draw in Turnipstan thrown in. Next season UR has decided to go with about 13 seasoned pros, a few guys with a dozen caps between them and a rash of unproven youngsters. Tiggers I assume will have scoured the globe for large dusky chappies who can run through brick walls?

God be with the days when English teams put out English players and Ulster was full of Ulstermen.

Aaaaaaaaaaah, houl'on there, I'm getting all Britain First with nostalgia, it'll be grand when the season starts. Were you a fan of Moseley TB? I dare say they supplied a few North Midlanders to the East Midlands? Or are you a multiculturalist like me, I believe an Ulsterman is one who pulls on the shirt and plays like it means something to him, I cite Sean Reidy as a fine example.

I'd cite Ruan Pienaar but a dirty Aussie bast............... sorry nearly lost the run of myself there. He was told to leave, still, he'll be back on the coaching staff next season, well I say next season, the wan after I suppose. I hope he's a better kicking coach than that first kick he had in the French Cup Final when Castres bate them goodlookin'.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Looks far too good for Ulster TB, he should score several hattricks.

Just one thing, when was the tackle outlawed in Lionel rugby? I must have missed that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Looks far too good for Ulster TB, he should score several hattricks.

Just one thing, when was the tackle outlawed in Lionel rugby? I must have missed that.
A lot of the 2nd vid are from the Super Dooper Cup, they red faced and red shirted lads were Munstermen.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Looks far too good for Ulster TB, he should score several hattricks.

A lot of the 2nd vid are from the Super Dooper Cup, they red faced and red shirted lads were Munstermen.
Sorry TB, my eyes glazed over, it's been a roaster of a day over here, 31C with very little wind. Did enjoy an hour soaking in the hot-tub with a good muscle battering on the high setting. :D
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Matt O’Connor sacked after 1 game.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

tigerburnie wrote:We tend to go for this a bit now Baggy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCg5sMY4Iac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72wKFOSfP8w
I've just seen this - he certainly is some mover, TB All the same, despite him, Tiggers look ready to be taken to the cleaners!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neill_M wrote:Matt O’Connor sacked after 1 game.
There is something more going on at Leicester than meets the eye. Cockerill, Mauger and now O'Connor appreciate not all in the same role.

Saturday versus Exeter appeared like the Leicester players just rolled over, it's not the first time this same set of players have dropped their management team in it. Player power issue?

I work with a Tiger fan and he is adamant Simon Cohen current Leicester CEO needs to go.

Strikes a lot of similarities to Ulster.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Matt O’Connor sacked after 1 game.
There is something more going on at Leicester than meets the eye. Cockerill, Mauger and now O'Connor appreciate not all in the same role.

Saturday versus Exeter appeared like the Leicester players just rolled over, it's not the first time this same set of players have dropped their management team in it. Player power issue?

I work with a Tiger fan and he is adamant Simon Cohen current Leicester CEO needs to go.

Strikes a lot of similarities to Ulster.
I think we all agree with your work mate, the Tigers board is running the club brilliantly at making revenue, useless at putting a winning side on the pitch, word has it one of the newer board members who has invested a fair bit of money was "incandescent with rage" after the Exeter no show, he wasn't the only one. Geordie Murphy has the reins early, lets hope he is as impressive from the touchlines as he was for us on the pitch.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Well that was a start, just need to find some defence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45411011
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Officials for our visit to the Kingspan
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/re ... pean-games
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:Officials for our visit to the Kingspan
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/re ... pean-games
Nobody gives a feck
Your lot ruined this competition

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Throwing the towel already Russ? sure your team will treat it differently though.