USA Perpignan 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: USA Perpignan 2018/19

Post by Shan »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Booked. 3 of us travelling to Perpignan, 8 - 11 September 2018, return fare works out at Euro 90 each. Meeting sexy sister Sue & per partner Dick out there at restaurant near the ground. Anyone else joining us? What part of the ground do we get tickets for? Can we just pay at the gate? Will we get our weekend backpacks into the ground? Will we have won at Ravenhill the night before? What flegs will we bring? What DAY will it be? So many questions, so few answers.
Big Trev will be there that weekend. Money well spent Michael. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dublin Perpignan flights stop at end of October for info.

French sides tend to release tickets for games 2-3 weeks beforehand. Just a case of checking the website etc.

Have been out of the Top 14 for 4 years, so there may be high demand for tickets. Ground holds 14.5k.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The bullring traditionally competed with Marcel Michelin for the best atmosphere in LNR. I hope they can start t compete again, now they are back in the Top14.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They think Paddy could be the new Dan Carter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well its Ulster v Edinburgh at 7.35pm on Friday 7th September 2018 then down town to board coach to Dublin airport about either midnight or 1am as Aer Lingus flight to Perpignan leaves at 5.50am on Saturday morning. Could be a long weekend. Have Perpignan rugby top (XL) already but hope to acquire at least one fleg out there.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Is the new Perpignan kit out yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Well its Ulster v Edinburgh at 7.35pm on Friday 7th September 2018 then down town to board coach to Dublin airport about either midnight or 1am as Aer Lingus flight to Perpignan leaves at 5.50am on Saturday morning. Could be a long weekend. Have Perpignan rugby top (XL) already but hope to acquire at least one fleg out there.
Kick Off is scheduled for 7pm Local Time on the Saturday.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

https://m.midi-olympique.fr/article/327 ... -du-tunnel

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:https://m.midi-olympique.fr/article/327 ... -du-tunnel

The former darling of rugby in Northern Ireland, who became unwelcome on his island despite his acquittal last March, is trying to resume the course of his career in Perpignan, 1500 km from home. After thirteen months without playing, Paddy Jackson makes every effort to become the player he once was.

"I'm so eager to play again with a smile on my face and see these bleachers filled. " Since the platform Chevalier Stadium Aimé-Giral, on this Tuesday afternoon in July, Paddy Jackson contemplates his new home with sparkling eyes and a jaw still tight. "I have not played since the tour in Japan. It's been over a year, it was in June last year , remembers the opener. Rugby missed me a lot. "

The child from Belfast went through a white season and a dark year on a personal level. The time required for the justice of North Ireland to rule on his case and that of three of his friends including Stuart Olding, another Irish international Ulster (which has since signed in Brive). At the end of a highly publicized rape trial, Paddy Jackson was found innocent on March 28th. Case filed on the judicial level. Which act.

"This period has been very hard to live ," said the Irishman. For me. For my family. I really experienced moments of distress. My feelings ranged from sadness to anger. I could not do what I love most: playing rugby. I was deprived of this right, simply. " For months, the International has maintained the illusion of the daily life of a top athlete. For want of anything better: "I took refuge in training. It was the only way to hold. I worked physically, I worked my game at the foot, my individual technique ... All this has nothing to do with the competition but I needed to occupy my mind and talk to my return on the grounds. " The only way out of his eyes:"I never thought for a second that I will no longer be a player ," he says. I like this sport so much. " Paddy Jackson was forced into exile to continue to live his passion. The acquittal made him free but did not make his existence before. Ulster fired him. The English candidates retracted one after the other. When the Perpignanes reached out in his direction, the opening half seized it without hesitation: "You know, I was not long in convincing"he admits. 1500 km from his homeland, the kid from Lisburn starts a second life, far from his own, away from the troubles and polemics that stick to his skin in Ireland: "I never thought of leaving if young abroad but what do you want, it has become my reality. I do not look back on the past, I live in the present. And all I want is to play. There is only that which animates me. The green rectangle, his ultimate expression space where he will become a player like the others.

"I WAS GETTING TO A VERY GOOD LEVEL"
Since June 18, he tries to resume, in relative anonymity, the course of a career so promising: "On my last games, I arrived at a very good level. I felt confident, my footwork was really good. Then there was this break. " In the face followed by a forced smile: " You have to try to take the positive, no matter what. Let's say my body has regenerated. It may serve me well for the long championship season ahead. I'm going to be a bit rusty at the beginning but I'm redoubling my efforts to be competitive as soon as possible. " Physically, he should quickly find its sensations. Mentally? The redhead responds, without blinking:"I feel that it has strengthened me and made me mature. I realized that everything I thought I would be acquired is not. I appreciate a little more what I have. Look: I live in a beautiful country, I play in a prestigious club alongside super teammates, I can only enjoy. " According to him, the vox populi Irish, the dozens of letters sent to the club and the labels on the back does no shake in its reconstruction site: " No matter where I am, I feel sufficiently shielded to not to be reached by what people say and think. What matters is rugby, my family, my friends and my club. The rest does not matter. Now, I feel calm and happy. " A little lost again, but determined above all:"In Ulster, I had my habits, I understood what was being said ... Here, I discover everything, I have no landmarks. It's a big change. " With an ally of everyday life, his border collie, Parker. His hyphen with his life before.

"I WANT TO EARN RESPECT AND TRUST"
The flagship rookie of the Catalan promoted moves forward in his little shoes: "I want to earn the respect and confidence of coaches, teammates and supporters. I know that it will not be given to me, it is up to me to do everything to have them. " Where Jonathan Sexton and Ian Madigan have failed, the last of the Irish exiles intends to find fortune. France, hostile ground for the conductors of the green Erin so far: "I did not talk to them but perhaps they have not managed to adapt to the style of play. is a different rugby, all the same. " The continuation of their international career had affected the integration of his countrymen. At least, Paddy Jackson should not be exhausted for a long time:"I'm 100% Perpignan player. I'm no longer in Ulster or Ireland. The selection is not in my mind for the time being. I want to be good, that's all. To achieve this, I intend to put a maximum of chances on my side to succeed. "This business starts this summer, in the privacy of the locker room, at the least of the training sessions: "I can bring things that I know how to do but I want to integrate and respect the local culture. I do everything to speak French quickly because I do not want others to speak English. It's up to me to make the effort. "Coaches and partners praise his attitude and perceive a little more, each session, its intrinsic qualities. His inspirations and his knowledge of the game can be invaluable, even decisive, at the heart of the system designed by Patrick Arlettaz. His new mentor: "I discovered a brilliant coach ," describes Northern Ireland.He has already taught me a lot. He has quite advanced ideas and a passion that I have rarely seen. I like his approach to the game and his way of communicating with players. I know what he wants from me, it's pretty clear and it's good for an opener. " Tens of thousands of supporters blood and gold, too, await one of the great players of the season. The personal fight of Paddy Jackson and the collective destiny of the Catalans, two related quests. "Usap has given me a unique opportunity to bounce back, " said Northern Ireland. I am very grateful to this club. I want to thank him for helping my team to achieve its goals. "His mission will start Saturday, August 25 against the French Stadium in Aime-Giral. 427 days after his last appearance in competition.
Good luck Paddy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The absolute feels today in Paddys instagram story
Bring him home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:The absolute feels today in Paddys instagram story
Bring him home

No. You lost me again.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:The absolute feels today in Paddys instagram story
Bring him home

I'm in bits
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The feels

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

USAP have released their new kits. There is a short video featuring Paddy. 75 Euro.

https://fr.usap.fr/actualites-generales ... 19-sont-la
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:USAP have released their new kits. There is a short video featuring Paddy. 75 Euro.

https://fr.usap.fr/actualites-generales ... 19-sont-la
75 yoyos me hole …

Limited sizes mind.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-14-Franc ... 9fFEep7FIg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-14-Franc ... OCEp8cjNww
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall