Munster 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster 17/18

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Good watch that. Racing’s new gaff is very impressive. That giant screen is mad.

Big call by Racing re that last penalty. Munster could have sneaked it, but a LBP is not a disaster.

21 points may be enough for a home QF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might not be enough to top the group though.
Racing can only get 20.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Time for Someone to explain the tied on group points scenario again. Any links? cos the eprc site is crap.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote:Time for Someone to explain the tied on group points scenario again. Any links? cos the eprc site is crap.

It goes to head to head and if thats even tries scored I believe.

If we finish level on points with Rochelle, they finish above us as they have the better head to head.... 6 points to 4
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Good watch that. Racing’s new gaff is very impressive. That giant screen is mad.

Big call by Racing re that last penalty. Munster could have sneaked it, but a LBP is not a disaster.

21 points may be enough for a home QF.

Might not be enough to top the group though.
Racing can only get 20.
Aye. I thought you were talking about Ulster there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Time for Someone to explain the tied on group points scenario again. Any links? cos the eprc site is crap.

If we finish level on points with Rochelle, they finish above us as they have the better head to head.... 6 points to 4
Ok so it is quite simple really. I don't see quins holding LR to less than 4 tries so Ulster need a BP win to top the group. A sneaky drop goal yesterday would have made all the difference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I thought the ref was reminiscent of the early days of George Clancy. As those with even modest eyesight will tell you, George has come a long way as a ref, but that guy today was a fecktard, ruining a decent game of rugby with his determination to demonstrate his knowledge of the laws whether offences were material or not. Pure early George with nuances of late Barnes.

I am not only a death's door with the dreaded lurgy but am now in my third week of a migraine, one of the symptoms of which is blurred vision so I'm appealing for assistance. The crucial penalty that Ryan won from the restart, the low-level camera from behind the goal line he appears to be 120 shades of illegal, can anyone confirm?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Ok so it is quite simple really. I don't see quins holding LR to less than 4 tries so Ulster need a BP win to top the group. A sneaky drop goal yesterday would have made all the difference.

I'm going to say that Ulster has no chance next week, after all, it worked a treat yesterday, don't change a winning formula. :roll: Mind you Wasps collapse yesterday was something that had to be seen to be believed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I thought the ref was reminiscent of the early days of George Clancy. As those with even modest eyesight will tell you, George has come a long way as a ref, but that guy today was a fecktard, ruining a decent game of rugby with his determination to demonstrate his knowledge of the laws whether offences were material or not. Pure early George with nuances of late Barnes.
Yerra he was very picky alright but we kept gifting him chances to penalise us and we need to resolve that. The worst one being when POM said something to him which cost us 3 points. The fact it should have been a penalty for Munster because Racing held POM in is frustrating but POM should be used to getting bad decisions and button it. That said I reckon if he had told the ref his real opinion of him he'd probably have been sent off. :D

Oh and feck George Clancy. He has improved as a ref but as a person he will always be a miserable bruff c-nt.

On the Donnacha Ryan one I'm not sure. However one thing I am sure of is that Racing know he is worth his weight in gold. If their pack ever think of hitting the off switch he'll give them the look and sort them.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

>TT v CO (Sky 1pm)

15. Simon Zebo; 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls; 10. Ian Keatley, 9. Conor Murray; 1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Rhys Marshall, 3. Stephen Archer, 4. Jean Kleyn, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Peter O'Mahony, 7. Chris Cloete, 8. CJ Stander

16. Niall Scannell, 17. James Cronin, 18. John Ryan, 19. Darren O'Shea, 20. Jack O'Donoghue, 21. Duncan Williams, 22. JJ Hanrahan, 23. Alex Wootton

15. Geoffrey Palis; 14. Kylian Jaminet, 13. Thomas Combezou, 12. Robert Ebersohn, 11. David Smith; 10. Julien Dumora, 9. Rory Kockott; 1. Antoine Tichit, 2. Jody Jenneker, 3. Damien Tussac, 4. Alexandre Bias, 5. Thibault Lassalle, 6. Yannick Caballero, 7. Steve Mafi, 8. Alex Tulou

16. Kevin Firmin, 17. Tudor Stroe, 18. Daniel Kotze, 19. Victor Moreaux, 20. Baptiste Delaporte, 21. Yohan Domenech, 22. Yohan Le Bourhis, 23. Afusipa Taumoepeau

BP win for Munster with many tries I suspect.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Game put back to 4pm.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

jean valjean wrote:Game put back to 4pm.

Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rain ...

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Russ wrote:Rain ...

Obviously didn't have their 200cap legends out with the leaf blowers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well we may have had issues with the pitch due to biblical like rain in Limerick and we may have had to work hard in the first half to wear down Castres but in the end we got the job done fairly comfortably.

Earls continues to show his class. The pack did a great job. Fair fecks to James Cronin coming on earlier than expected and playing a stormer.

Our reward is a chance to beat Toulon. Now that would be fantastic.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Got the job done in the end. Castres became very French towards the end of the game.

Fancy them to beat Toulon. Winning a semi final in France will be a big challenge.