Munster 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Munster 17/18

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Would love even 1% of the intensity, energy, prdie and passion that Munster showed today. We are a sorry excuse in comparison.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Been saying it for a long time
Munts play as a team and play for the shirt

Ulster play for the big night out with the lads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Don't you mean "big night with the lads out" ?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Gutsy win for Munster today. Super smart try from Murray and a moment of magic from Conway. Trinh-Duc will be having nightmares about that kick.

Showtime made some interesting decisions in the game. No doubt Comic Book Guy will have plenty to say.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Just taken a break to drop the kids off at the pool, but by Christ that was a hell of a game. Sammy Arnold was superb, his tackling and covering immense, Ulster would have ruined him. POM us some leader, loses nothing to Paulie. Strange tries in some ways but a hell of a game of rugby, haven't seen enough this season. Toulon are just a massive side.

Up to Dublin around lunchtime, hopefully as good a game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Another day for legends. For large parts of that game Toulon looked like they were gearing up to take us to the cleaners but by feck did the boys dig in and not surrender. This one goes down as one of the great Munster days.

Murray and POM are simply out of this world in terms of class and leadership but fair fecks to our younger brigade who battled on all day. Every player can be proud of himself but Conway scored a try the likes of which we don't see too often from a Munster player. He just simply was not going to be stopped.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Conway had a clearer run to the line wide, but he stepped the last defender knowing near the posts would probably seal the game. I was behind the posts on the south terrace and he was headed towards us, what an incredible try.

Was at the Leinster game today, much more people but no comparison for atmosphere. It's always good to see Sarriebastards lose but we shuffled out of the game and headed home, no interest in hanging around near the smug D4 ballixes, I can never celebrate a Mexican win albeit I wanted them to win.

Munster are a much different case, long time since I've been to Toemund but my love affair with Munster continues. If they beat Racing, I might drive up to Bilbao for the final, if Mexico get there I'll watch it on TV.

G'wan Munster. :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liam Williams
Novice

Post by Liam Williams »

Look! No-one will come ANYWHERE NEAR THEM SCARLET RUNNERS...
It's just the way the Lord wanted it...
I'm missing them real mates...
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Liam Williams wrote:Look! No-one will come ANYWHERE NEAR THEM SCARLET RUNNERS...
It's just the way the Lord wanted it...
I'm missing them real mates...
2 concussions in a short time mate, you're talking like a washing machine lol

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I enjoyed special K's no arms shunt on yer bake.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Great weekend's rugby, shame Connacht couldn't seal the deal (apparently, according to Thornley, just making the semis would have gotten them through to the Champions Cup because the other three will qualify through the league), and we pushed Bedford close as well!!!

Half agree with all the comments about lack of the same commitment in Ulster, we have shown it on many occasions, Harlequins away in the blizzard, La Rochelle at home, Scarlets at home in the league, four pool game wins (the same as Scarlets), no its the c word every time. Many things annoy me that shouldn't, the current one being that I now see us giving up on 17/18 until the new set up and players come in pre-season, there is still a lot to play for this year and Champions Cup rugby is an element of the rebuilding process, so unless anyone is suggesting that they don't cash their salary cheques, then, gentlemen, get to it!

Last thought, the list of players who have thrived on leaving Ulster grows (Bowe, Farrell, Arnold..) - just out of interest has any player's game (and I suppose in light of current issues, I should perhaps clarify that I do mean their rugby game!) improved after coming to Ulster? And I don't think we can blame one coach, this spans several wtaches!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:I enjoyed special K's no arms shunt on yer bake.
Thought Robnoxious could well have deserved yellow, but perhaps I'm biased against the Warren Gatland. I really do hate Leinster, it would have been rude not to as we were passing but I now doubt the wisdom of attending, around me were the sort of people you would happily propel over the railing at the front of the third tier, I was 4 rows from the front of it could easily have hefted some deserving Mexicantwat over and the fatbastard might have crushed a few more down below.

Anyway, when you were eased off the floor Liam, it was good to see you grinning, it was almost as if the 2014 Sarrybastards were still coached to make the most of any challenge that could see a card awarded. And no, of course, McCall didn't want anyone to target Sexton, it's just bad luck he took several late hits, the Dublinbastard. #sarrycheats
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Don't go near MF Baggy, you're fawning could be affected by the sanctimonious bullcrap being peddled over there.

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Not worth starting another thread of course, but interesting to see Sarries, or at least half of the club, up for sale. Any guesses who might be a taker?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:Not worth starting another thread of course, but interesting to see Sarries, or at least half of the club, up for sale. Any guesses who might be a taker?
Wray bought the other half then immediately threw his toys out of the pram

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Don't go near MF Baggy, you're fawning could be affected by the sanctimonious bullcrap being peddled over there.

Wise words Jackie but no need, I briefly joined MF to express my thanks for their solidarity when the Spence men died and have not looked at it since. I did some missionary work whilst in Limerick.... but in case that is misinterpreted, not on a Turnipstani woman as she shouted Ibelieveher. In truth never mind a bit of an ould horizontal mambo, I wouldn’t pish on them if they were alight.

I prefer to talk face to face to ODTs rather than their keyboard warriors, in fact, in general my sage advice is never to join another team’s forum, it’ll only ever end in tears if you have anything to say for yourself. Mind you I enjoyed my brief flirtation with the morons on ScaaaaaaaaaletFever, though I think some chube here suggested I was letting Ulster down. :roll:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kings 22
Munster 39

Kings did better than I expected. Munster not convincing but at least they got the job done.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.