UBL/Qualifying Clubs - Players In/Out

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

dublane
Novice

Re: UBL/Qualifying Clubs - Players In/Out

Post by dublane »

Nick wells in as head coach i think and michael reid as president
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Rooster wrote:Should clubs be signing players instead of developing their own
Ideally clubs should do both.

From my knowledge Bann have been one of the best clubs in Ulster at developing their own players. (Perhaps Russ could tell us how many of the team which gained promotion to 1B are home grown?).

However to survive/prosper in 1A/1B, clubs also need to recruit players from outside in order to have squads of sufficient depth and quality.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tighty wrote:
Rooster wrote:Should clubs be signing players instead of developing their own
Ideally clubs should do both.

From my knowledge Bann have been one of the best clubs in Ulster at developing their own players. (Perhaps Russ could tell us how many of the team which gained promotion to 1B are home grown?).

However to survive/prosper in 1A/1B, clubs also need to recruit players from outside in order to have squads of sufficient depth and quality.
Looks to be 95-100%
Split between people who came through the BB youth system, Banbridge Academy and the other local club

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Mid Ulster ROB wrote:Rooster

"Should clubs be signing players instead of developing their own"

Rooster, in my opinion I agree with what your saying, but the further up your club go, the further you have to look sometimes. Although in saying that, I liked Malones idea that they used at end of the season, by having an in house game and having players that were moving up from u18s to senior level, play in amongst the senior players for this game, to give them a taster of adult rugby. In my opinion more clubs in Ulster should use this strategy as in regards to school leavers and youth leavers as it would integrate youth and schools players knowledge and skill set and also bring together the experience of the senior players into the mix and it might help youth and school players leaving their respective backgrounds want to keep playing after school or youth
Rainey are good at developing players but also very good at Ahem cough cough getting players to commit from Belfast no money changing hands mind you.

Lewis Stevenson at Bangor, the ego has landed, i wonder how he and Morgan will get on >6shooter
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

What are these 5 year development plans all about?

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:What are these 5 year development plans all about?

#trendy
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Surely there must be some more player news out there , especially as most clubs would have been training for a while now ?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Apparently Derek Sufferen is now at Quins as well ?
Heard that one Belfast Club can Cook the books by giving young players car insurance, away around Rule 6 kinda, okay it may be travel expenses but also an inducement
CI lost some of their new signings to Queens and Ballymena
Bangor , same captain new coach in town who thinks he is calling me he shots, I wonder how they are getting around paying two player coaches
Ards have Budge Poutney, a bit like getting Lewis Hamilton to drive a Skoda in Daytona
DOnaghadee, still full of crap
OMagh getting stronger
Quinns on the up
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Willie Falloon head coach in Armagh, expect a mid table finish from a pretty young side in 2A, a few young lads who should progress to Ulster playing.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Think Suffern at Queen's not Quins
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:Think Suffern at Queen's not Quins
You are correct sir, queens it is what happened to his move south, better wage packet on offer.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice

Post by Mid Ulster ROB »

Ballynahinch In - Olly Loughhead from Quins and apparently a Kiwi 10 and a player coach 12/13

Banbridge In - Eric O'Sullivan, Nick Timoney

Caleb Montgomery to Ballynahinch or Banbridge

Malone In - Ryan Clarke, Dunleavy, Dalton

Queens In - McMaster, Swann, Creighton, Alexander Clarke, Johnny Lees
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

2 players from Leeds Carnigie signed aswell for Hinch, centre and someone else. The kiwi outhalf played Mitre 10 cup last season
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

UR13IRFU wrote:2 players from Leeds Carnigie signed aswell for Hinch, centre and someone else. The kiwi outhalf played Mitre 10 cup last season
Is one of the Leeds players David McIlwaine who played for Hinch prior to going to study at Leeds Beckett Univ ?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UR13IRFU wrote:2 players from Leeds Carnigie signed aswell for Hinch, centre and someone else. The kiwi outhalf played Mitre 10 cup last season
The 15 from montpellier is due to come on leaps and bounds. 28 this year