Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

July 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 23 users online :: 9 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], ColinM, Dave, ding dong2u, Google [Bot], jackthelad, Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 646115
Total topics 18998
Total members 2912
Our newest member Parga 99

Top 14 Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Top 14 Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:30 am

Big news out of France this morning is that Racing 92 and Stade Francais are merging for next season :shock:
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Russ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 pm

LOL

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27628
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Dublin4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:58 pm

ROG unemployed so? >seeya
User avatar
Dublin4
Steward
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Dublin4 wrote:ROG unemployed so? >seeya


One of many things they will have to sort out - coaches, playing squad. Will play at the new stadium R92 were building - Arena92. More importantly - the kit, that will be very interesting...blue, white and pink hoops maybe?
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:10 pm

It means that the 13th placed side in the Top 14 (currently Grenoble) will no longer face automatic relegation. Will now playoff v the side who loses the D2 playoff final. The likes of Oyonnax, Biarritz and Colomiers currently in contention for promotion.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby mikerob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Despite what the news says, there are claims that it isn't a merger, it is basically a takeover of Stade by Racing.

So will it be a gallic shrug or Aux Barricades! from the Stade fans...?
User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9117
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Russ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Did Stade not just build a new stadium?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27628
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:13 pm

mikerob wrote:Despite what the news says, there are claims that it isn't a merger, it is basically a takeover of Stade by Racing.

So will it be a gallic shrug or Aux Barricades! from the Stade fans...?


Via Twitter, French press reports suggest Stade were the ones to start talks 10 months ago.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Russ wrote:Did Stade not just build a new stadium?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Yup, a local football side Red Star who play in Ligue 2, moving into Stade's stadium.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby solidarity » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Neill_M wrote:
mikerob wrote:Despite what the news says, there are claims that it isn't a merger, it is basically a takeover of Stade by Racing.

So will it be a gallic shrug or Aux Barricades! from the Stade fans...?


Via Twitter, French press reports suggest Stade were the ones to start talks 10 months ago.

Very impressed by you following Twitter in French, Neill. I can't be bothered following it in English.
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1264
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Gavin Mortimer, a rugby journalist based in Paris is good to follow for all things French rugby. He is reporting that the Stade players and coaches were called into a meeting this morning and told of the merger, to say it came as a surprise would be a giant understatement....
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby thecrouch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:04 pm

This is a disgrace to be honest. The owners of the two clubs need to hang their heads in shame.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
thecrouch
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby BR » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm

It's been a long time coming IMHO. Once Guazzini had to relinquish control, the club was unsustainable. I'm surprised they lasted this long TBH. Probably a better outcome than both teams being demoted back out of professional existence.

Anyway the 'real Stade' supporters will be happy.
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16718
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby UlsterNo9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:54 pm

thecrouch wrote:This is a disgrace to be honest. The owners of the two clubs need to hang their heads in shame.


Bordeaux Begles had a similar merger a few years back.

I see Ibanez is also leaving them at the end of the season, maybe Madigan should have stuck it out.

When are we merging with Leinster?
#LOGANOUT
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3071
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Top 14 Rugby

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:01 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
thecrouch wrote:This is a disgrace to be honest. The owners of the two clubs need to hang their heads in shame.


Bordeaux Begles had a similar merger a few years back.

I see Ibanez is also leaving them at the end of the season, maybe Madigan should have stuck it out.

When are we merging with Leinster?

We already have.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16742
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to Provincial an' aither teams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->