Passing on Information

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Passing on Information

Post by Neill_M »

Strange old one this, but has paid the price. Other sides may be reluctant to sign him after this.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... estigation

Sale Sharks have terminated the contract of Tom Arscott with immediate effect after a disciplinary investigation and hearing. Arscott was suspended by the club for allegedly leaking information to opponents Bristol in January, director of rugby Steve Diamond confirmed on Tuesday. Bristol fought back from 15-0 down to win the Aviva Premiership encounter 24-23 at the AJ Bell Stadium on New Year's Day.

Arscott was suspended after some of his team-mates expressed concerns to the coaching staff and was the subject of an internal investigation by Sale. Sale coach Steve Diamond reveals winger Arscott is alleged to have leaked sensitive team information to Bristol prior to their New Year's Day game. Sale have stated that no further comment will be made, in accordance with the club's disciplinary procedure. Diamond told Sky Sports News HQ: "Senior players came to me and said they had heard that information had been passed from one group to another. "We set a disciplinary up and, in order to do that, we informed the RFU." When asked how Sale's senior players learned that information had been leaked, Diamond said: "I don't really know the full details of it. That information has been passed onto the RFU. "Effectively a player has met with the opposition and given them some information - that is all I am allowed to say."
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Passing on Information

Post by scrum5 »

Bristol might sigh him
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Down with that sort of thing!

He won't be signed by any Irish clubs as informers aren't welcome over here.

Stakeknife is probably monitoring the press just in case the Nutting Squad's expertise is needed.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Bristol might sigh him
Maybe Bristol were signing him if he helped them win the game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

caledoniancelt wrote:Down with that sort of thing!

He won't be signed by any Irish clubs as informers aren't welcome over here.

Stakeknife is probably monitoring the press just in case the Nutting Squad's expertise is needed.
Wonder how his knee ligaments are ? accidents happen :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Whatever the information was, apparently it was given to his brother, who plays for Bristol.

It all seems a bit strange but there may be some interesting discussions in the Arscott family household...
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Apparently knee capping by appointment is all the rage at the moment in West Belfast.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

caledoniancelt wrote:Apparently knee capping by appointment is all the rage at the moment in West Belfast.
Return of the bad old days then as it was always by appointment, told where and when to turn up then wait till the ambulance sirens were getting close then bang down they went, wouldn't be the first time the paramedics saw the flash from the gun as they came round the corner
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

caledoniancelt wrote:Apparently knee capping by appointment is all the rage at the moment in West Belfast.
Nothing new there then. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Return of the bad old days then as it was always by appointment, told where and when to turn up then wait till the ambulance sirens were getting close then bang down they went, wouldn't be the first time the paramedics saw the flash from the gun as they came round the corner
I always preferred the Black & Decker approach to knee-capping.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Where do baby arses sleep?

In an Arscott.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Would be a lot easier now with the advent of cordless drills instead of needing and extension lead out into the garden
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Would be a lot easier now with the advent of cordless drills instead of needing and extension lead out into the garden
:D could open up a whole new world for some townies..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU