Dylan makes the headlines again

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dylan makes the headlines again

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Is he a right moron or a right moron though?

If another player had been red carded for a swinging arm on Friday, I suspect it would not be attracting the same attention here or in the media (how many threads is it on here alone?)
Three valid reasons why Mr Hartley is receiving extra comment:
1) His record
2) His role as England captain
3) The speculation over his potential role with the Lion's

None of which are anything to do with whether his guilt or innocence of the offence, and in theory only one should impact any sanction.

You are correct in saying if another player etc etc, but of course that is the very reason it is right and proper that it is a big deal. This is a serial offender, this is a thug with a penchant for the cheap shot, this is a man who has punched, head butted , gouged, elbowed opponents and called a ref "a fückïng cheat". That list of offences is why it is rightly a big deal whilst Sir Dickhead would have you believe he is being victimised because he is England captain.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Yip and all those things should be taken into account by Messrs Jones and Gatland. What I hope they don't worry about is how many column inches or how many threads on UAFC Hartley's behaviour attracts.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Will be surprised if Dylan gets more than 7 weeks... >EW
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

6 weeks, as predicted
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Given the medium entry point for striking. I'd love to know do you have to kill someone to get the high end, simply rendering someone unconscious is not really that bad apparently.

An additional two weeks for his record :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 54 weeks of suspensions before this. 2 weeks :roll: Hardly a deterrent.

Well, there can be no doubt, the eRFU & their acolytes in the media have had a result. What a surprise. :roll:

If this is justice I'm a banana, as Ian Hislop once memorably said on another bad day for justice. I hope Hartley snaps his legs in his comeback, seems about the only way to get this serial thug out of the game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:6 weeks, as predicted
Poor suit choice and eating the panels custard creams did him no favours.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Typical. How on earth 6 weeks (nice wee rest break for Mr Hartley) is viewed as any kind of deterrent is beyond me.

Dylan needs to lay off the pre-workout.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Feck it engerland are a poorer team with him in it. Can u imagine what the build up to the ireland game will be like now?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

How entirely convenient but not remotely surprising.

I hope he's targeted when he comes to Lansdowne Road in the 6 Nations, he's good for it .
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

How much did Luke Marshall get for brushing past a guy on the ground?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:How much did Luke Marshall get for brushing past a guy on the ground?

Maybe if Nuciwank released a statement saying how Marshall was needed for Ireland and made a big deal about a competition coming up

Have no doubt about it, his position and the 6 Nations came into it
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He's now been banned for a total of 60 weeks and he's tom kite.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:How much did Luke Marshall get for brushing past a guy on the ground?

Luke was given 5 weeks for accidentally colliding with Scaaaaaaaaaalets bonce. Roger Wilson got a few weeks for playing at a bobbling ball & clipping John Barclay's chin.

Hartley wails on SOB's head with every ounce of energy` .......................a FFFS.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Heard someone actually blame Mallinder for not picking Hartley from the start, like it was inevitable he would come on in a huff and welt someone.

Now he just gets a nice wee rest for the 6N. Zero deterrent whatsoever.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:How entirely convenient but not remotely surprising.

I hope he's targeted when he comes to Lansdowne Road in the 6 Nations, he's good for it Image.
For those not discomfited by this outrageously lenient sentence, mistakenly described as mid range, let me remind you that of his victims, Stevie Ferris & Rory of this parish & SOB form this island.

More than a touch of Cromwell about this Ingerlish Kiwi. A product of two of my least favoured nations. :puker: