The demise of club rugby in Belfast

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

UR13IRFU
Novice

Re: The demise of club rugby in Belfast

Post by UR13IRFU »

Hinch lost relegation/playoff to Trinity last season, funny enough their 7 and 9 Angus Lloyd were amazing that day but since then, Lloyd got sent to us and was useless pretty much like any other squad/academy player that played for us this season in 1B, I know next season the 1st XV plan on having a more settled squad of non contracted players and a few long term injuries should be be back playing so hopefully we can get promotion again but it takes a lot of money to compete these days no matter what anyone says.

With regards Belfast clubs struggling, started at youth level years ago by not getting enough players to become "club men" so have struggled to get enough numbers for teams and also any decent players have went to us or Ballymena over the last 4/5 years. Seems to be quite a lot of players will go to uni and never bother playing again, probably sick of it after so much at school
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I thought our CEO stated that more people were playing rugby than ever before and that the domestic scene was thriving.... after all he is responsible for the club game as well and don't forget he coached at club level as well as playing in three continents... from what I heard not even those at said club ever remember him coaching... he should be held accountable.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

RWC 2023 will be the makings of club rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote:I thought our CEO stated that more people were playing rugby than ever before and that the domestic scene was thriving.... after all he is responsible for the club game as well and don't forget he coached at club level as well as playing in three continents... from what I heard not even those at said club ever remember him coaching... he should be held accountable.
Two Ulster clubs Bangor and Omagh promoted from Junior rugby to AIL in consecutive seasons. What more success do you want? :duck: :roll:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:RWC 2023 will be the makings of club rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
it is the only thing that matters to him...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU