Leinster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster 16/17

Post by ruckover »

Leinster will be gutted to get nothing from that game. They were good enough to get something from it.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Russ is on the money here.
Laughable performance from the men in high viz.
I always am
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Carberry is a very fine developing young 10 but still very naïve giving away intercept tries etc.

We need the frontline internationals back as soon as we are allowed to play them.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Carberry is a very fine developing young 10 but still very naïve giving away intercept tries etc.

We need the frontline internationals back as soon as we are allowed to play them.
Bit rich calling someone naive when you had wee mads
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dublin4 wrote:Carberry is a very fine developing young 10 but still very naïve giving away intercept tries etc.

He is only 20 or so and has played a couple of great games. Anyone can throw an intercept now and again. Go aisy on him - the lad's a real find.
Liked the backrow combination of VDF/Murphy/Leavy.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:

He is only 20 or so and has played a couple of great games. Anyone can throw an intercept now and again. Go aisy on him - the lad's a real find.
Joe will have him as backup to Sexton next spring and Paddy will be back to tackle bag duty.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Madigan
31 Irish Caps
Toulon
HEC Semi Final
Bryan Habana

>you_rock
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Madigan
31 Irish Caps
Toulon
HEC Semi Final
Bryan Habana

>you_rock
Nobody is allowed to sleg wee mads. He's awesome
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:You'd be disappointed if Kirchner was taking up an NIQ spot at Ulster
Sideshow Bob is amongst the worst NIQs ever signed by an Irish team, but here ............wait 'til I tell yis.

The thing is Mexico don't often go big on NIQs and there is a damn good reason, they have never ........... well rarely ....... needed marquee players to boost their team, they have produced plenty home grown and more than that, they produce more young talent than the rest of the provinces put together.

So we can mock, but it's high time we were producing something decent in the numbers they consistently have. That said, I expect them to be modest this season, top 4 of course but they might struggle to be top 2 for a change.

Oh aye, and Weegies, they are the best team in this league for maximising their advantage in this league. What they have that Ulster don't is the nous to deprive teams of LBPs and to bag the TBP themselves.

Some show from ex-Ulsterman Tommy McSeymour. >appl
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

did I mention Wee Mads?
He is history now and plays in some foreign far away league that we know little of. Granted he seems to be doing well over there.
Carberry is the future for Leinster once Jonny hangs up his boots in 2020.

Baggy is correct. Leinster has a conveyor belt of players. This is largely due to the dozen or so elite private schools for boys who run their rugby like mini-academies and present Leinster with the cream every summer. The question is why we don't get more out of it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The :mexican: are back in Scotland again this week, this time at the Library. Game on Fri at 7:35pm BBC ALBA/TG4

Edinburgh

15. Glenn Bryce 14. Michael Allen 13. Sasa Tofilau 12. Phil Burleigh 11. Tom Brown 10. Duncan Weir 9. Nathan Fowles 1. Rory Sutherland 2. Ross Ford 3. WP Nel 4. Ben Toolis 5. Grant Gilchrist (C) 6. Magnus Bradbury 7. Hamish Watson 8. Viliami Fihaki

16. Stuart McInally 17. Allan Dell 18. Kevin Bryce 19. Fraser McKenzie 20. Cornell Du Preez 21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne 22. Solomoni Rasolea 23. Blair Kinghorn

Leinster

15. Zane Kirchner 14. Isa Nacewa (C) 13. Garry Ringrose 12. Noel Reid 11. Dave Kearney 10. Joey Carbery 9. Jamison Gibson-Park 1. Jack McGrath 2. Sean Cronin 3. Mike Ross 4. Devin Toner 5. Mike McCarthy 6. Jordi Murphy 7. Dan Leavy 8. Jamie Heaslip

16. Bryan Byrne 17. Cian Healy 18. Tadhg Furlong 19. Ross Molony 20. Josh van der Flier 21. Luke McGrath 22. Cathal Marsh 23. Rory O'Loughlin

The Mexicans should have got at least a losing BP at Glasgow last week, a bad 10 minute spell cost them dear. Reckon they will edge this one, may not be a classic!
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Mexico looks weak
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Rory Scholes again not included for Edinburgh.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Rooster wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:

Joe will have him as backup to Sexton next spring and Paddy will be back to tackle bag duty.
Is Carberry not from NZ? Is he IQ through ancestors?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:

Is Carberry not from NZ? Is he IQ through ancestors?
You mean he might be a furrinor !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best