Leinster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Leinster 16/17

Post by Neill_M »

With all the chat about new shirts, here is Leinster's new away shirt:

A bold effort alright.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster 16/17

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:With all the chat about new shirts, here is Leinster's new away shirt:

A bold effort alright.
Hi viz shirts for standing in a traffic jam on the M50?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: This board is turning into 'fracks on the bax'.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Is it not the Munster shirt from a couple of years ago? I'm all for recycling, but ... actually I'm not, recycling is rubbish.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:Is it not the Munster shirt from a couple of years ago? I'm all for recycling, but ... actually I'm not, recycling is rubbish.
Stop encouraging them ye big galoot..............
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Henshaw out for 8-12 weeks and other injury news for Leinster:

http://www.the42.ie/leinster-injuries-s ... 8-Aug2016/

LEINSTER SAY OUT-half Johnny Sexton is aiming for a return in the early rounds of the Guinness Pro12 season, as his rehabilitation from shoulder surgery at the end of last season.

Leo Cullen’s side are facing the prospect of beginning the season without a host of their star names.

31-year-old Sexton missed Ireland’s tour of South Africa after sustaining a shoulder injury during Leinster’s Pro12 final defeat to Connacht.

Sean O’Brien was another to miss Ireland’s trip to face the Boks, and Leinster say he is “progressing well” after surgery at the end of last season, although there is no definitive date for his return to play.

Cian Healy is also set to miss the start of the new season, having only taken part in his first on-field session of the summer yesterday. The loosehead prop has “recovered well” from neck and knee issues, according to the province.

Ireland international Rhys Ruddock will not be available until round four of the Pro12, due to his ongoing recovery from ankle surgery, while hooker Richardt Strauss is due to see a consultant this week regarding a knee issue.

Ireland wing Dave Kearney continues to suffer with an AC joint strain, but is “nearing a return to play.”

Big summer signing Robbie Henshaw remains on the long-term recovery trail after knee surgery, with Leinster putting his recovery timeframe at 8-12 weeks.

Prop Ed Byrne, who has been injured for the last 12 months due to a worrying knee issue, is “making steady progress,” but Leinster have no definitive date for any return.

More positively, Leinster say Mike McCarthy has passed all the return-to-play concussion protocols and and has taken a full part in pre-season. He is set to feature in the friendly against Bath in two weekends’ time.

Centre Noel Reid is also targeting that fixture as his recovers from a mid-foot strain, while fullback Rob Kearney is now training fully after his hamstring issues cleared.

Captain Isa Nacewa is “very close” to returning as the arm injury he sustained last season begins to clear, with Leinster managing his contact load.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Leinster break alot of players
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Stuart Lancaster to join Leinster coaching team... :lol:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/37931.php#.V80zg8eXM9Y

I shouldn't laugh as he is probably a decent enough coach who just fecked up a bit at international level.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

With uncertainty surrounding Joe, the IRFU are getting his replacement ready, I expect Graham Rowntree to replace Clarkie next
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:With uncertainty surrounding Joe, the IRFU are getting his replacement ready, I expect Graham Rowntree to replace Clarkie next
So we get Big Ears & Mexico get Noddy, the man who nodded every time Andy Farrell spoke?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So more Englishmen coming into Irish rugby. They are getting a head start on the expected mass exodus across the Irish Sea due to Brexit. Feck - In 20 years or so this place could be just like England. Lots of English TV, English newspapers, People supporting English sports teams...........Hmmmm no difference then except a quadrupling or more of our population. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:So more Englishmen coming into Irish rugby. They are getting a head start on the expected mass exodus across the Irish Sea due to Brexit. Feck - In 20 years or so this place could be just like England. Lots of English TV, English newspapers, People supporting English sports teams...........Hmmmm no difference then except a quadrupling or more of our population. :D
Nucifora will soon start chucking them out
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:So more Englishmen coming into Irish rugby. They are getting a head start on the expected mass exodus across the Irish Sea due to Brexit. Feck - In 20 years or so this place could be just like England. Lots of English TV, English newspapers, People supporting English sports teams...........Hmmmm no difference then except a quadrupling or more of our population. :D
Nucifora will soon start chucking them out
Nuciwankbollocksfuckingmadigan and his points based system
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

There are more people in the UK eligible for an Irish passport than the current population of Ireland but you'll be thankful to hear the population wouldn't quadruple... it would more than double however.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Ireland will become the new Spain!