Munster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 16/17

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:This is more depressing than Schindler's list-

Bad rugby in bad weather in front of a tiny crowd with awful commentary in the worst town in Europe.
That good, eh?

Oh me of little faith :oops: well done Munster. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Poor standard but fair play I didn't see that one coming. Well done turnips. Scarlets have been talked up as contenders this season, early days but I fancy a challenge from Cardiff if FNW stays fit.
Great to win in Llanelli- usually beyond us.
Exterminate all rational thought
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Zebo out injured for 5 weeks. Kevin O'Byrne for 3 months.

Teams for the game Fri night in Cork - 7:35pm (TG4/BBCW)

Munster XV: Andrew Conway; Darren Sweetnam, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Ronan O'Mahony; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Dave Foley, Billy Holland - capt.; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, Jack O'Donoghue.

Replacements: Duncan Casey, Dave Kilcoyne, Brian Scott, Donnacha Ryan, CJ Stander, Tomás O'Leary, Cian Bohane, Stephen Fitzgerald.

Cardiff Blues: 15 - D Fish; 14 - A Cuthbert, 13 - C Allen, 12 - R Lee-Lo, 11 - T James; 10 - G Anscombe, 9 - T Williams; 1 - G Jenkins (capt), 2 - K Dacey; 3 - T Filise, 4 - G Earle, 5 - M Cook, 6 - J Navidi, 7 - E Jenkins, 8 - N Williams.

Replacements: 16 - M Rees, 17 - R Gill, 18 - S Andrews, 19 - J Turnbull, 20 - S Warburton, 21 - L Williams, 22 - S Shingler, 23 - M Morgan

Both sides had a good start in R1, could be an interesting watch especially with Big Nick involved.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Tyler out again. Calf strain I think. Should only miss one game but I get the feeling this guy will never be able to play a few games in a row.

Down to the bare fecking bones. Keatley better perform.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It looks the weakest Munster team of the last 15-20 years, then again I thought they be horsed last week so I'm saying feck all.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The Munster Cardiff game is like watching 15-a-side 7s rugby. On one hand it's enjoyable attacking off-loading rugby, on the other any defensive efforts are laughable. Big Nick is cream crackered after 10 mins.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye, quite enjoyable all right. Munster are relying totally on the kick chase. Caaaaaaaaaaaaadiff look a little more structured but that wouldn't be hard.

On diminutive pocket sized ref Ian Davies, when scalding him later in the season, as well to remember what a very good advantage he played for the Munster try :thumleft: Sometimes they get it right.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Munster struggling against the Blues who are looking decent. The obstruction call against Jenkins was tough.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Gethin obviously thought so mouthing "WOW, that's absolute bull$hit" as he walked away.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Dan Goggin completely fooled by Rey Lee-Lo for Caaaadiff's second try. A sharp learning curve for the Academy centre.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Munter getting humped
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Munter getting humped

No they aren't, leading 20-17 after 66 mins.

In other news, "the Greatest Backline in Europe" failing to score a try against a 13 man defence as Embra have yellow card syndrome.

Houl'on, aye you're right Russ, humped, 20-24 10 to go.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bate 23-24. Strange decision with 9 minutes left to kick a pen when they had scored a good try from a penalty to the corner 10 minutes earlier.

Never got back to the Blues 22.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Couple of decent tries but fek me, the amount of kicking is depressing. They get a turnover and their first thought is to boot it away as quickly as possible. The internationals coming on for Cardiff added a slither of quality.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I was just keeping one eye on the game and didn't realise Cardiff were leading going into the final few minutes. Wondered what on earth they were playing at in the final minute taking it up through the forwards instead of going for a score.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.