Munster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 16/17

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:There wasn't much defending of fields last season. More like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer than a fearsome Irish deer.
Steady you ...........hould the line biy, Rassie will have them buzzin', pure buzzin'. >TLGH

Shame about Chisholm, I thought he'd be a great signing, sadly more like poor Christian Cullen, the greatest signing in the early days of NIQs that just didn't work through injury.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
ruckover wrote:Munster to sign 22-year old South African lock Jean Kleyn from the Stormers according to reports in South Africa. Supposedly he will be a project player and will replace Mark Chisholm who is reported to be retiring due to injury.
At this rate we will have more South Africans in the country than Irish people. Close the fecking borders. Irexit here we come. :D :D
G'wan. You know it makes sense. :thumleft: :thumleft:
Time for another (Irish) border poll .....

..... to bring RoI back into the union. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Are Munster now sponsored by Babycham? :stir: >TT
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

ruckover wrote:Munster to sign 22-year old South African lock Jean Kleyn from the Stormers according to reports in South Africa. Supposedly he will be a project player and will replace Mark Chisholm who is reported to be retiring due to injury.
Wonder is he the 2nd rower Ulster had lined up to replace Franco only for Nucifora to say No.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:
Wonder is he the 2nd rower Ulster had lined up to replace Franco only for Nucifora to say No.
Nope.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster rumoured to be losing u20 tight head Ben Betts. He was good at the u20 world cup. Bit of a blow if Leicester pinch him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Munster rumoured to be losing u20 tight head Ben Betts. He was good at the u20 world cup. Bit of a blow if Leicester pinch him.
Makes a change from Leinster pinching him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Apparently there was no offer from Munster for Ben Betts......madness
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

scrum5 wrote:Apparently there was no offer from Munster for Ben Betts......madness
Crazy if true.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

scrum5 wrote:Apparently there was no offer from Munster for Ben Betts......madness
Other reports are that Munster offered him an academy spot at €8K and Leicester offered him a spot at £20K per year. If he turns out to be any good, he will be back (if he wants Ireland caps), so it should work out very well for everyone concerned.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Thanks TMHG
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Scarlets -
15 Liam Williams, 14 DTH van der Merwe, 13 Scott Williams, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Steff Evans, 10 Rhys Patchell, 9 Gareth Davies, 1 Dylan Evans, 2 Ken Owens [c], 3 Werner Kruger, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 John Barclay, 8 Josh Macleod

Replacements; Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Peter Edwards, David Bulbring, Tadhg Beirne, Jonathan Evans, Dan Jones, Jonathan Davies

Munster -

Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Ronan O'Mahony; Tyler Bleyendaal, Duncan Williams; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Dave Foley, Billy Holland - capt.; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, Jack O'Donoghue.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Dave Kilcoyne, Brian Scott, Jean Kleyn, Donnacha Ryan, Tomás O'Leary, Ian Keatley, Cian Bohane.

One is not particularly confident.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Scarlets -
15 Liam Williams, 14 DTH van der Merwe, 13 Scott Williams, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Steff Evans, 10 Rhys Patchell, 9 Gareth Davies, 1 Dylan Evans, 2 Ken Owens [c], 3 Werner Kruger, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 John Barclay, 8 Josh Macleod

Replacements; Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Peter Edwards, David Bulbring, Tadhg Beirne, Jonathan Evans, Dan Jones, Jonathan Davies

Munster -

Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Ronan O'Mahony; Tyler Bleyendaal, Duncan Williams; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Dave Foley, Billy Holland - capt.; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, Jack O'Donoghue.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Dave Kilcoyne, Brian Scott, Jean Kleyn, Donnacha Ryan, Tomás O'Leary, Ian Keatley, Cian Bohane.

It wouldn;t rate in the pantheon of Munster's greatest XVs, XXIIIs.

I suspect the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets will get off to a flyer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Scarlets -

Munster -

It wouldn;t rate in the pantheon of Munster's greatest XVs, XXIIIs.

I suspect the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets will get off to a flyer.
Scaaaaletts alwats do
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Munster with a smash and grab try X2 are holding on well enough in a poorish game.
Zebo off and the git Liam Williams looking up for it.