Munster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 16/17

Post by Snipe Watson »

Stander tried to bring some aggression and nous to the breakdown, but it was a very poor Munster display. They were too easy to beat.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Never gets old seeing Munster get beat.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

How's bug Duggie Hoylet getting on? Stull fackin the cars up eh?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I see news to gladen our dear friend Shan's heart.

Deckchair Buckley has returned to Shannon RFC. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shannon head coach Marcus Horan said: “Tony Buckley has been with us. He has work to do with regards fitness to get back into it.

“He has been around training and that. His level at the moment is probably seconds or thirds. If we can get his fitness up to the necessary levels, he can add a huge amount.

“Even having him in around the squad and the lads being able to scrummage against him in training is experience you cannot buy.

”If you are trying to recreate match situations for our lads in training, Mushy is your man, so it is great to have him.

“Tony’s move back to us has a lot to do with work. he knew he would be up here in Limerick a lot and he obviously still has a gra for Shannon as well.

“We will see how it goes. We are excited by it. It is about drawing from his experiences as well rather than necessarily playing on the pitch.

“He could end up playing at All-Ireland League level with us this season. We will see how it goes with his work commitments. We want competition for places in the squad.”
Wonder was his level ever really above 2s or 3s, though I do recall one game he played against NZ where he genuinely looked the part. Good luck to him anyway.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

There was talk earlier in the week down Munster way that they were going to add a Saffer scrum half - Abrie Griesel to their squad. He played 20s for SA so would be a PP. Currently playing for Young Munster in AIL. New Munster coach apparently not happy with his back up scrum half options, it seems.

Also former :mexican: hooker Tom Sexton is on trial down in >TLGH .
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Neill_M wrote:There was talk earlier in the week down Munster way that they were going to add a Saffer scrum half - Abrie Griesel to their squad. He played 20s for SA so would be a PP. Currently playing for Young Munster in AIL. New Munster coach apparently not happy with his back up scrum half options, it seems.

Also former :mexican: hooker Tom Sexton is on trial down in >TLGH .
Was told that Razzie was not happy with both back up scrumhalves.....wonder which one the IRFU will foist upon us :banghead:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Saturday teatime entertainment - 5:15pm ko at Dave Parade on Sky Sports 4.

Dragons

15 Carl Meyer, 14 Pat Howard, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Jack Dixon, 11 Hallam Amos, 10 Nick Macleod, 9 Sarel Pretorius; 1 Sam Hobbs, 2 Rhys Buckley, 3 Brok Harris, 4 Nick Crosswell, 5 Rynard Landman, 6 Lewis Evans ©, 7 Ollie Griffiths, 8 Ed Jackson.

Replacements: Darran Harris, Thomas Davies, Craig Mitchell, Cory Hill, James Thomas, Charlie Davies, Angus O’Brien, Adam Warren.

Munster

Andrew Conway; Darren Sweetnam, Keith Earls, Dan Goggin, Ronan O'Mahony; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Donnacha Ryan; Billy Holland Capt., Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Duncan Casey, Dave Kilcoyne, Brian Scott, Dave O'Callaghan, Conor Oliver, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Colm O'Shea.

The >TLGH should be too strong for the Dragons I reckon.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rather watch XFactor
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Saturday teatime entertainment - 5:15pm ko at Dave Parade on Sky Sports 4.

Dragons

15 Carl Meyer, 14 Pat Howard, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Jack Dixon, 11 Hallam Amos, 10 Nick Macleod, 9 Sarel Pretorius; 1 Sam Hobbs, 2 Rhys Buckley, 3 Brok Harris, 4 Nick Crosswell, 5 Rynard Landman, 6 Lewis Evans ©, 7 Ollie Griffiths, 8 Ed Jackson.

Replacements: Darran Harris, Thomas Davies, Craig Mitchell, Cory Hill, James Thomas, Charlie Davies, Angus O’Brien, Adam Warren.

Munster

Andrew Conway; Darren Sweetnam, Keith Earls, Dan Goggin, Ronan O'Mahony; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Donnacha Ryan; Billy Holland Capt., Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Duncan Casey, Dave Kilcoyne, Brian Scott, Dave O'Callaghan, Conor Oliver, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Colm O'Shea.

The >TLGH should be too strong for the Dragons I reckon.
That's a very large back 5 in the >TLGH scrum. Better looking team all round simply by adding Murray & Earls.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well Munster win by 20 points to 16. I didn't see the game but heard it was a load of w=nk. Still we'll take the win anyway.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I saw the second half, I'd describe it as "mixed" but given they went behind, a win away is ok. The try was bizarre that won it, outstanding move, Sweetnam outclasses the defence but tries to go towards the posts, has the ball knocked out of his hands but backwards, following up Bohane dives on it.

Nearly blew it. >TDRT
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Munster were lucky the Dragons broke off the back of that last maul. It would have gone over if they'd stuck with it.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:Munster were lucky the Dragons broke off the back of that last maul. It would have gone over if they'd stuck with it.
They were luckier than that. Dropped ball over the line recovered for a try. They were not good, even with Murray pulling the strings.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote:Munster were lucky the Dragons broke off the back of that last maul. It would have gone over if they'd stuck with it.
They were luckier than that. Dropped ball over the line recovered for a try. They were not good, even with Murray pulling the strings.
Man, I'd actually forgotten about that. As good as he's been recently, I reckon Sweetnam got a bit of an earful after the game for it.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Man, I'd actually forgotten about that. As good as he's been recently, I reckon Sweetnam got a bit of an earful after the game for it.
Let's be kind to him, he had thee great perspicacity to lose the ball backwards. Great follow up from Bohane given he was the "blocker" in the move.

I think the ref had told Dragons to use the ball at the end, could be wrong.