Munster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Herman
Novice

Re: Munster 16/17

Post by Herman »

What a bloody disgrace. Absolutely manshamed ta fcuk!!!

JOD getting fended off like a chick wiv a dick for the 5th try.

Munster shall henceforth be called the Tranny boys.

Least I'm not a Nordie... We Willie Fraser hanging off a fleg pole, Iris hanging round a primary schoolyard, Sammy oot'n'aboot in the nip, Nesbitt the gimp in a dungeon...

Celtic with the treble...hail, hail!!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have just a few things to say, none of which could be said to have influenced the result:

Nigel Owens made 2 utterly disgraceful calls today, the 1st being Scaaaaaaaaaaalets 3rd try & therefore pretty crucial, I have no idea how anyone could have found a way to say that ball did not travel forward an absolute minimum of 2 metres. The 2nd was irrelevant but utterly incomprehensible. For the final try, the touchie can be clearly heard saying in Owen's ear "Red 16 offside", Nigel absolutely ignores it and allows the silver medallist to run in unopposed. The say that Erasmus said he had no issue with a West Wales ref reffing a West Wales team, I wonder in a quiet moment will he regret that. I thought Owens gave every marginal call to Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets, but those two decisions were a disgrace.

Where were the Munster Lions today? After things went pearshaped I seldom saw Stander & POM was obviously busy doing the unseen stuff for the only time I saw him in the second half was when he saved James Silver Medallist from a guaranteed yellow, a penalty on their line and of course was lucky not to see yellow himself.

Like Sexton last week, you'd have to wonder does Connor Murray not want to play in the 1st test, he was strangely uninvolved in a position where that should be impossible.

I'm left thinking that Munster may have repeated the error of the 2000 HC final when they got themselves into such an emotional state the night before that they had no energy for the actual game.

Sad result after an extraordinary season. Saili with his rush & miss tackles lost the game early. Congratulations, through clenched teeth, to Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets, they like Connacht were exceptional to watch on the run in. I expected them to collapse at the RDS. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Herman wrote:What a bloody disgrace. Absolutely manshamed ta fcuk!!!

JOD getting fended off like a chick wiv a dick for the 5th try.

Munster shall henceforth be called the Tranny boys.

Least I'm not a Nordie... We Willie Fraser hanging off a fleg pole, Iris hanging round a primary schoolyard, Sammy oot'n'aboot in the nip, Nesbitt the gimp in a dungeon...

Celtic with the treble...hail, hail!!!
Shove yer wendyball shyte up your hole you gombeen gobshite. You remind me of something :scratch: ................. oh yeah, a kunt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

If the powers to be in Dublin cannot see that the elite performance manager in IRFU is a chancer, then God help Irish rugby.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

God is an Ulsterman so feck D4... and to think some think our back line is the best in Europe.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well now - Scarlets won a game they expected to win. :D

Seriously though I'm not as disappointed at the result as I am at the non appearance of the Munster team in the game. We looked done from about the 15 minute mark. The constant kicking away of possession to a team who have backs that need little invitation to carve you open was infuriating to say the least but probably not overly surprising. When you have little creativity in the centres you are going to kick but most of the kicking was extremely poor.

Our pack being beaten and utterly wolfed at the breakdown was not something I thought we'd see. The Beirne try showed in a few seconds what our pack brought to the game overall. A big nothing.

Anyway fair play to the Scarlets. They were excellent and thoroughly deserved their win. I wish I was a neutral because then I could say I am delighted that the team which plays the best rugby won the Pro12.

All I hope now is that Munster can carry on progressing next season. This season was a tough one but one we can take positives from. One bad day doesn't mean the house had been blown down.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Where were the Munster Lions today? After things went pearshaped I seldom saw Stander & POM was obviously busy doing the unseen stuff for the only time I saw him in the second half was when he saved James Silver Medallist from a guaranteed yellow, a penalty on their line and of course was lucky not to see yellow himself.

Like Sexton last week, you'd have to wonder does Connor Murray not want to play in the 1st test, he was strangely uninvolved in a position where that should be impossible.

I'm left thinking that Munster may have repeated the error of the 2000 HC final when they got themselves into such an emotional state the night before that they had no energy for the actual game.

Sad result after an extraordinary season. Saili with his rush & miss tackles lost the game early. Congratulations, through clenched teeth, to Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets, they like Connacht were exceptional to watch on the run in. I expected them to collapse at the RDS. :roll:
POM had the worst game I've seen him play in a long time. Stander was anonymous apart from being very visible along with 3 others in being unable to stop one Mexican Scarlet getting over for a gift wrapped try.

Murray should have been taken off earlier. Duncan added some pace when he came on, though granted the game was over and Scarlets had already eased off by then.

Saili is a joke player as I have said since the first day I saw him play. He won't be missed.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mentally it was one game to many for Munster .

While Baggy has a point about Nigels performance and some of the calls I think a trot back into the previous weeks comments and then compare them to this weeks .

Last week -- look how fit Munster are -- what a great defence they have -- this week they're slow and the defence was ripped.

I for one am extremely happy at the result in some respects -- Compared to the Exeter v Wasps game ,it was entertaining and free running the English final was "bosh ball"t its most uninspiring .

The Munster defence was nowhere because they were trying a rush defence at a a backline lying deep taking the ball at pace thus Earls, whose defensive positioning has always been questionable was found in no mans land marking a centre with two men outside him.

But why i find the result pleasing it lays to rest the Idea that Welsh teams are easy and the league is a two horse race .

On a dry firm pitch that Scarlets team would shin most sides -- but the fact is they play most of their games on wet soft ground on wet nights when the benefits of pace are lost in a forward grind down.

The welsh are not rubbish and can play rugby ,that said, I still don't like them !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

POM had the worst game I've seen him play in a long time. Stander was anonymous apart from being very visible along with 3 others in being unable to stop one Mexican Scarlet getting over for a gift wrapped try.

Murray should have been taken off earlier. Duncan added some pace when he came on, though granted the game was over and Scarlets had already eased off by then.

Saili is a joke player as I have said since the first day I saw him play. He won't be missed.
Saili is a poor mans Aki. Farrell will tighten things up next year for ye. Bizarre Arnold hasn't had a go, unless he's still injured? Much more creative than either of the two you're currently fielding. Taute's not much better. The irony if two ex Ulster centres tank us next season.. :shock:
Exterminate all rational thought
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Saili is a poor mans Aki. Farrell will tighten things up next year for ye. Bizarre Arnold hasn't had a go, unless he's still injured? Much more creative than either of the two you're currently fielding. Taute's not much better. The irony if two ex Ulster centres tank us next season.. :shock:
Hopefully. I don't know much about this Farrell chap but I'll certainly give him a chance. I'd give Taute a chance too. At least he can defend which Saili is incapable of. I think Arnold recovered from injury in March. Hopefully will get his chance next season.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We managed to make Saili look world class.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Scannell and taute are both too slow to play together; defensively good but not going forward. Even the touch judge outpaced scannell on a chase back yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rumncoke wrote:Mentally it was one game to many for Munster .

While Baggy has a point about Nigels performance and some of the calls I think a trot back into the previous weeks comments and then compare them to this weeks .

Last week -- look how fit Munster are -- what a great defence they have -- this week they're slow and the defence was ripped.

I for one am extremely happy at the result in some respects -- Compared to the Exeter v Wasps game ,it was entertaining and free running the English final was "bosh ball"t its most uninspiring .

The Munster defence was nowhere because they were trying a rush defence at a a backline lying deep taking the ball at pace thus Earls, whose defensive positioning has always been questionable was found in no mans land marking a centre with two men outside him.

But why i find the result pleasing it lays to rest the Idea that Welsh teams are easy and the league is a two horse race .

On a dry firm pitch that Scarlets team would shin most sides -- but the fact is they play most of their games on wet soft ground on wet nights when the benefits of pace are lost in a forward grind down.

The welsh are not rubbish and can play rugby ,that said, I still don't like them !!!
Good point on it being a bit of a boost for the league. The trophy has been handed about quite a bit of late - not to Ulster mind you...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Five different winners in the last 6 years, sounds like a healthy competitive league.
All Irish Provinces have won it - 9 wins in all
2 Welsh - 6 wins in all
1 Scottish win

7 different winners in 16 seasons. No question that the league has become more competitive in the last few seasons, that the reduced numbers of automatic qualifiers has improved the league and accordingly the end of countries having an automatic place should further improve things.

The league is well established but badly needs money, the fact that so many games are played during international windows a great drawback for potential sponsorship. Working round that is the key to a greater product.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Five different winners in the last 6 years, sounds like a healthy competitive league.
All Irish Provinces have won it - 9 wins in all
2 Welsh - 6 wins in all
1 Scottish win

7 different winners in 16 seasons. No question that the league has become more competitive in the last few seasons, that the reduced numbers of automatic qualifiers has improved the league and accordingly the end of countries having an automatic place should further improve things.

The league is well established but badly needs money, the fact that so many games are played during international windows a great drawback for potential sponsorship. Working round that is the key to a greater product.
It's not so much the actual International windows but the way the Welsh have an extra in the Autumn and the Irish hold their players out before and after them which has more influence on teams also if you cut down on matches to avoid this then the lower ranked players get even less gametime to develop
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best