French Rugby Barrage 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: French Rugby Barrage 15/16

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote:
mikerob wrote:This is what the LNR themselves say.

http://www.lnr.fr/rugby-top-14/classeme ... ip-rules-3

My French is lousy so I won't try to translate.
The bold bit is the relevant bit.
You are indeed correct :D It is match points between the sides, then overall points difference. Wikipedia was wrong..... :shock: >EW

There is a very interesting scenario (if you like numbers/stats :D ) where Montpellier, Toulon and Racing could all end on 81 pts and head to head split would factor in games between all 3 of them.

In that case Toulon would finish 2nd with 10 match points from the 4 games with the other 2 on 9 mp.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bayonne beat Aurillac 21-16 today and will be in the Top 14 next season.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote:Bayonne beat Aurillac 21-16 today and will be in the Top 14 next season.
So Davidson didn't quite make it. He's done a great job with limited resources, I wonder would he be interested in coming home to UR?

Have my doubts.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Bayonne beat Aurillac 21-16 today and will be in the Top 14 next season.
So Davidson didn't quite make it. He's done a great job with limited resources, I wonder would he be interested in coming home to UR?

Have my doubts.
Clarke out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:

Have my doubts.
To do what Solids, in Les we trust, Jezza would hardly want a step down to forwards coach. He's got a contract with Aurillac util 2022, probably the most secure coach in Europe so why step down?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
solidarity wrote:

Have my doubts.
To do what Solids, in Les we trust, Jezza would hardly want a step down to forwards coach. He's got a contract with Aurillac util 2022, probably the most secure coach in Europe so why step down?
You're right on both counts - back Les to the hilt now and recognise that Davidson has no reason to leave France at all. But Les isn't likely to be with us for the long haul and the French are, shall we say, a tad fickle. In a couple of years time he may be looking elsewhere but I doubt that he would look in this direction.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So the top 14 playoff line-up is complete:

1st Clermont v 4th Racing 92/5th Toulouse
2nd Toulon v 3rd Montpellier/6th Castres

Clermont and Toulon get a week off, but no home advantage for the semi finals. Neutral venue - this year Rennes in Brittany.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:So the top 14 playoff line-up is complete:

1st Clermont v 4th Racing 92/5th Toulouse
2nd Toulon v 3rd Montpellier/6th Castres

Clermont and Toulon get a week off, but no home advantage for the semi finals. Neutral venue - this year Rennes in Brittany.
They ruined the best rugby competition so they could have almost everyone in their playoff systems?

feck them
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So dates and times etc for the playoff games:

Sat 11 Jun 7:45pm Racing 92 v Toulouse
Sun 12 Jun 3:15pm Montpellier v Castres

Fri 17 Jun 7:45pm Clermont v Racing 92/Toulouse
Sat 18 Jun 7:45pm Toulon v Montpellier/Castres

Fri 24 Jun 7:45pm The Final - being held in the Camp Nou in Barcelona this year as Euro 2016 is on in France.

The final is expected to set a world record crowd for a club match with a 98k sell out. Sky Sports and TV5 Monde should be showing the matches.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Racing will play Clermont next week in Rennes. Beat Toulouse 21-16.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jim Nagusa's Montpellier beat Castres 28-9 this afternoon and will play Toulon next week for place in the final.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Surprisingly good semi final in Rennes - 27 all between Clermont and Racing with 12 mins to go - on SS5

Interesting factoid via twitter Toulon with the most French qualified players in their 23 of the top 4 sides - 15. Racing - 13, ASM - 12 and Montpellier - 9!

Has gone to extra time - both have scored 2 tries, so penalty kicks is a possibility.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Racing edged Clermont in a 34-33 classic, Mr Daniel Carter kicking the winning conversion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:Racing edged Clermont in a 34-33 classic, Mr Daniel Carter kicking the winning conversion.
In the last minute of the 2nd period of extra time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

I fear Toulon Montpellier may not be so entertaining on Sat night, but you never know?