Leinster 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Leinster 15/16

Post by therealspratt »

Well Leinster have announced their academy: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/15029.php#.V2k8HHnvphE

Notable absentees involved in the u20s that surely must be on the Ulster radar are Greg Jones (a 6/8 already rumoured to be heading north), David Aspil (a handy looking 7), James Bollard (LH), Adam Coyle (TH), and Vakh Abdaladze (a Georgian TH poached by Clontarf).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eoin Reddan has played his last game as a Mexican having previously played for Munster & Connacht.

Excellent career when you look at the medals though I've never been a big fan considering he was lucky to play behind good packs at Wasps & then Leinster but for my money struggled when playing behind not so good Irish packs earlier in his career.

That said, good luck to the guy, I've probably been a bit mean-spirited.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Glad we have Marmion with his experience built up to step in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:Glad we have Marmion with his experience built up to step in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The cynic in me thinks wee Owen announced he was retiring and the blazers had no choice but to pick him "as he's been loyal"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Luke Fitzgerald has had to retire at 28. Feel sorry for the lad really, just couldn't get a break with the injuries.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Feel sorry for him
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It may seem hypocritical but yes, pity for him, not his fault Schmidtferbrains loved him enough to pick him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Well I suppose we got Kiss, and supporting homegrown coaches is better than replacing them, but it sounds a lot to do in a locka weeks

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/0701 ... term-deal/
World Cup winning coach Graham Henry will join Leinster on a short-term contract ahead of the upcoming season in an advisory role, the province has confirmed.
Henry, who led New Zealand to glory on home soil in 2011, will link up with the three-time European champions in July and will “remain with the province for a number of weeks” before the start of the 2016/17 season.
As well as assisting the coaching team, Henry will also liaise with club and school coaches as part of his role.
Having led the Auckland Blues to two Super Rugby titles, Henry was appointed head coach of Wales in 1998 before leading the British & Irish Lions on their tour to Australia in 2001.
He was appointed New Zealand head coach in 2004, taking the All Blacks to two World Cups culminating in their 2011 triumph.
The 70-year-old said it is a “privilege” to be asked to assist the team, while head coach Leo Cullen also welcomed the move.
“I felt it was important for myself and the wider coaching and playing staff in Leinster to look at different ways of challenging ourselves,” he said.
"To that end I am delighted that Graham has decided to work with us and I would like to publicly thank the Professional Games Board in Leinster for their support with this decision.
"Everyone in the organisation will benefit from his expertise and undoubtedly the coaches and the players will benefit from having a coach of his stature in and amongst us as we build towards the new season.”
Henry will officially take up the role on 30 July.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Similar brief to his current 3 month cameo at the NZ Warriors. 'Consultant' to assist an under fire young coach (McFadden) and challenge an under performing squad.
The Warriors have won four out of their last five matches in a mid season comeback...The last quarter against a fired up Titans team at the weekend was sparkling.

There again the Warriors tend to perform better when other sides are depleted during Origin and it's difficult to see how 'hands on' Henry could be on a 13 man training paddock.

Leo the lion was painfully out of his depth last year in his own back yard. Along with Doak and Axel he should have been shipped out to France, Oz or NZ first to learn, sink or swim.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Kurt McQuilken the Leinster Defence coach is returning to NZ shortly for personal reasons, leaving Leinster without. A defence coach for the start of the season. Seems to be a permanent move back to NZ.