Connacht 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht 15/16

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote:
Shan wrote:Though I think somebody should probably mention it would be bad for Irish rugby if Connacht win. :D :D
Dublin4 would have already said it if he hadn't fainted at the sight of another Connacht win.
That and he was issued with clown shoes the last time he tried that crapola.
Oh look, Snipes gone glory hunting. Are you of Mexican descent Sniper? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The westies have more balls than us these days.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The last four televise Pro 12 games were better entertainment than either Exeter v wasps and the SD? Cup final

And while Exeter have a vocal and committed band of supporters neither of those two games was the support approaching the Pro 12 standard

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Fantastic win for Connacht and they fully deserve to be in the final.
I imagine Leinster will be strong favourites in the final.
Outside Leinster, I suppose the rest of Ireland will be supporting the westies and I am sufficiently sentimental not to begrudge them success however unlikely. It's a pity that the match won't be in the Aviva for financial reasons as it could have been sold out.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I wonder was anyone from Ulster watching for we have just seen proof positive that you must throw everything at getting a top two finish. Home advantage wins games, both away teams this weekend were widely fancied to create a first, both failed.

Hands up everyone who expected Connacht to win .................. no not "hoped", expected them to win? Me neither.

I'll be writing them off for the final too. >EW
Totally expected a Connacht win, they don't choke and they can change play as a game goes on, very well coached side with a winning attitude, if Ulster had been there today Connacht would still have won and I reckon they can beat Leinster next week
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote:
Shan wrote:Though I think somebody should probably mention it would be bad for Irish rugby if Connacht win. :D :D
Dublin4 would have already said it if he hadn't fainted at the sight of another Connacht win.
Oh look, Snipes gone glory hunting. Are you of Mexican descent Sniper? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Away up the yard y'auld hallion. As you well know I'm of Ulster and Connacht decent.
LeinsterLad
Novice

Post by LeinsterLad »

Wee Woman wrote:I would love it, really love it if they could do the treble over Leinster this season at the final. LOVE it.
http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/1 ... GsbOoCz.97
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Really cheered me up that.

Wasn't that about a thousand times better than the wendy ball on t'other sde?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Connacht are mirroring Leicesters feat in the football and hopefully they can seal the deal next weekend.
Those other supposedly inferior and under resourced sides are now forced to look at themselves and wonder why they can't have achieved similar things.
Similarly the richer sides are left scratching their heads.

How have both those sides achieved that?
The simple answer is through coaches who install a team ethic and a belief in one another.
To achieve that is easier said than done or they would all be at it but I think there is s few common traits both sides have.

1.Simple team tactics playing to the strength of their side that everyone can buy in to.Everyone clearly knows their individual job and what is expected of them.

2.Cliché but taking each game as it comes and they bounce back from every set back when all around think their bubble has burst.No looking back and no looking beyond the next game.
This creates a seige mentality.

3.A strong spine to the team. In football that's through the middle in rugby it's front 5. In tern makes for strong set piece and allows rest of the side to have a crucial platform to perform.

4.No stars in either side making no egos and again making sure no one player is more important than the team.No reliance on any one player so if someone is not having a great game the next man stands up.Noone waits for anyone else to perform..

5.Playing with intensity,passion and tempo, never allowing the opposition to settle.Regardless of where or whom they are playing both sides turn up and play to the the max. Whatever the weather. Spectators get involved when they see their side play with passion too and become the extra man.

A lot of clichés in there I know but they are clichés for a reason.
Too many coaches try to be too clever and stray from these formulas.

Now the hard bit for both these teams is backing up the success as outside influence will be the major fight with players getting their heads turned.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote:
Away up the yard y'auld hallion. As you well know I'm of Ulster and Connacht decent.
Snipe, now look here, I carry an almost intolerable burden with as much grace as I can muster, being a small part English and half Mexican. Sure I'm only a pretend Ulsterman who can't wait to become a Spanish national...... and if all that wasn't enough, I'm a Turnipstani sympathiser. :D

None of that makes me support England or Mexico for I loathe them both in pretty enormous measure. I had my fill of smug know nothing Mexicans on Friday night and had Weegies won last night, I've no shame in saying I'd wish them well against Mexico.

What a great thing it would be if Connacht beat the odds and the Mexicans next Saturday. The wendyballists could stick Leicester up their holes for they have won tin pots before, under Martin O'Neill I think, but Connacht have barely won anything but the occasional coin toss and feelings ranging from lofty spite and indifference, to a wish for extermination from all in Dublin4 to our dear friend D4, the usually acceptable face of Mexicanism.

The Connacht success has thrown up some heroes, ranging from coach to Henshaw to Aki but I would love to see John Muldoon who has been there through thin and thinner, when surely others coveted his signature, get the fulfilment his dogged career deserves.

Maybe then the Mexicans would understand they don't have a divine right to preferential IRFU consideration and that the four proud provinces might be more than lip service in a crap qune, maybe, just maybe the smug old farts at the IRFU would get off their smug entitled arses and do what needs doing for the benefit of the whole country. Maybe the Blazers would forego the 83 top class hotel rooms in Rome and spend the rugby revenue where it's needed - on rugby rather than jollys.

G'wan Connacht
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Interesting that the next Connacht 4 year plan is to have 4 players in the Irish 23 matchday squads, Mexicans will hate that and do all they can to poach those players same as they have always done.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Leicesters odds were famously 5000-1 for the premiership.
Anyone know what Connachts were at the start for the pro 12?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is Henshaw now Ireland's biggest Dhead?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Is Henshaw now Ireland's biggest Dhead?
Still Ireland's best 13 in waiting, Schmidtferbrains out, the Mexican ballix.

I look forward to seeing and Irish backline of: Payne, Adeolokun, Henshaw, Aki, Healy, Jackson, Marmion ...........preferably with Henshaw having repented his sins and returned to Galway.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

LeinsterLad wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I would love it, really love it if they could do the treble over Leinster this season at the final. LOVE it.
http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/1 ... GsbOoCz.97
Ack, don't let facts get in the way of a good 'LOVE it' rant Image.