Glasgow - whatever it takes. Embra??? SRU.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Glasgow - whatever it takes. Embra??? SRU.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Given my new found dislike of all things Scottish, most of my relatives excepted >EW - a thread for the Weegies & all other unpleasant things Scottish.

Lets start with this:
Glasgow Warriors fans will benefit from the preparatory work done by Scottish Rugby to attract the Fijian winger Taqele Naiyaravoro, claims Mark Dodson.
The 23-year-old, 6ft 5in Waratahs star arrives at Scotstoun this summer.
Scottish Rugby's chief executive said: "Four or five years ago, there wasn't a queue of people knocking at the door wanting to play in Scottish rugby.
"But that guy is probably one of the biggest box office draws in world rugby and he's chosen to come to Glasgow."
Dodson added: "We spotted Taqele some time ago.
"Gregor Townsend (Warriors' head coach) was down in New South Wales and realised there was a chance he could fit in because we knew about approaches from clubs for Sean Maitland and Niko Matawalu.
"We spotted him just before he broke into the Waratahs first team and started to destroy defences.
"We do a lot of due diligence on a player and Gregor in particular looks at the human being.
"Scott Johnson (Scotland's director of rugby) went out and spoke to his family and explained what we were about. We show people love when we go out there. We don't just say, 'we'll write the cheque', we spend an awful lot of time preparing the ground."
Dodson says there has been an improvement on recent years when "there was no parade of agents" outside his door at Murrayfield.
"The best players were all gone by the time we got to the market," he admitted.
"Usually we were late going to the market and we were paying bottom dollar. Now we go early and we pay reasonable dollar. We get ahead of the wave."
Aren't they just fecking wonderful? If ever I've seen a CEO trying to justify his existence, this man can put Fit to shame any day of the week.

Still he has confessed to previous incompetence and for that he should be fired, though his secret deal with BT Sport on Murrayfield for the meagre price of selling out the HC & in so doing, saving the SRU from penury doubtless stands in his favour with the Ginger, skirt wearing, haggis munching, gloating ballixes who have suddenly swollen the Weegie fan base from 3000-4000 to about 6K plus glory-hunters who are prepared to sing when they're winning. :roll:

Disciplinary allegations apart, lets not forget that Scotland successfully seized the wooden spoon in this years 6Ns having looked as good as their weemins team in being spanked stupid by Ireland 10-40 a day of Scottish shame. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Speaking of Scottish Weemin, the also seized the wooden spoon with a solid nil return, losing their last match 3-73 to the Weemin's 6Ns champions Ireland.

Anyone spotting a recurring theme?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Re: Glasgow - whatever it takes. Embra??? SRU.

Post by waggonsroll »

I see it's being reported that Edinburgh are planning to play a couple of matches next year at Hibs Easter Road ground to see how it goes in the hope of a permanent move away from Murray field. This again is from an interview the BBC has had with Mark Dodson.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Read somewhere that Edinburgh had a gentleman's agreement that Taqele Naiyaravoro would sign for them only for Weegies to step in and sign him.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:Read somewhere that Edinburgh had a gentleman's agreement that Taqele Naiyaravoro would sign for them only for Weegies to step in and sign him.
I look forward with some excitement to the visit of Glasgow next season and hearing what kind of a fist our stadium announcer makes of Taqele Naiyaravoro.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:Read somewhere that Edinburgh had a gentleman's agreement that Taqele Naiyaravoro would sign for them only for Weegies to step in and sign him.
Maybe that's what was meant by
"We spotted him just before he broke into the Waratahs first team [when Embra started talking to him] and started to destroy defences.
"We do a lot of due diligence on a player [if other teams have done the groundwork and think they're worth it] and Gregor in particular looks at the human being [to see how much more than the other team if anything we need to offer to get him to renege] .
"Scott Johnson (Scotland's director of rugby) went out and spoke to his family and explained that we're better than Embra and can pay more. We show people love when we go out there. We don't just say, 'we'll write the cheque', we spend an awful lot of time letting Embra preparing the ground only for us to step in and do the dirt on our haggis-eating brothers, cos that's what we're like."
Bits in blue are of course pure speculation and may or may not be true......
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Sounds about right cap'n...allegedly >EW
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I don't get it. Edinburgh decide to move away from Murrayfield because they cannot fill it on a regular basis...so they plan to move to Easter Road, another stadium they won't fill on a regular basis :roll:

Anybody else see the logic? No? Good.

Why can't they move to Meggetland where they played a few games last year? Capacity of 4,000, roughly the same as what Edinburgh pull in for their average Pro12 match. Makes more sense.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I assume they have stayed in the mausoleum for good and true Scottish reasons, cheap or no rent. Easter Road is about the capacity they get once a year when they play Weegies in the Scottish Cup over a full set of legs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
lets not forget that Scotland successfully seized the wooden spoon in this years 6Ns

Well they do enjoy being spoon-fed. We found that out recently. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

>6shooter In Scottish news, Glasgow have terminated the contract of Saffer prop De Klerk. He is accused of stalking a young woman.

Ok so far?

Right, whatever happen to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. He has only so far had a preliminary hearing and maintains his innocence. I'm sure Isaac Boss Roger Wilson and possibly others will be grateful they don't play for Glasgow.

Interestingly headlines referring to this on rugby sites produce a 404 page but The Scotsman carries the story.

They are a treacherous lot the Scots.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

There is the possibility that in maintaining his innocence of a criminal charge, he has admitted his guilt on an internal disciplinary matter.

For example* - "I couldn't have been there the night before the big game; I was out on the pss until 3 a.m.!"

*Purely hypothetical
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Glasgow taking a bit of a hammering.

They play some attractive rugby Glasgow but until they get a pack with a bit of dog they'll not develop beyond their peak of last season.

Get out muscled time and time again against physical sides.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who are the weegies playing? Them getting tanked is good for us in the supa doopa
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:Who are the weegies playing? Them getting tanked is good for us in the supa doopa
Racing.

Racing 17
Saints 10
Squeegies 9
Skaaalets 2

All after 4 games.
That is good for us, IF you want us to progress in SDC.

Did I dream it or is it true if you play away in QF this year you are guaranteed a home SF? :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:Who are the weegies playing? Them getting tanked is good for us in the supa doopa
Racing.

Racing 17
Saints 10
Squeegies 9
Skaaalets 2

All after 4 games.
That is good for us, IF you want us to progress in SDC.

Did I dream it or is it true if you play away in QF this year you are guaranteed a home SF? :scratch:
Some away QFs (5 and 6 seeds) if they win get a home semi