Saracens

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Saracens

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Oh forgot to say Saracens have the pitch in a different company, so it is not included in the £40 million
https://www.duedil.com/company/OC360885 ... llp/people
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Yer man Griffiths was on Radio 4 this morning whinging about the salary cap.

However he supports the RFU policy of not picking English players based in France otherwise lots more English players would bugger off and play there.

He was banging on about having a "fair" distribution of money between the international game, professional clubs and amateur game. I interpreted this as meaning, after the RWC is over and the RFU have loads of money, they'll be banging at the RFU's door looking for hand-outs...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mikerob wrote:Yer man Griffiths was on Radio 4 this morning whinging about the salary cap.

However he supports the RFU policy of not picking English players based in France otherwise lots more English players would bugger off and play there.

He was banging on about having a "fair" distribution of money between the international game, professional clubs and amateur game. I interpreted this as meaning, after the RWC is over and the RFU have loads of money, they'll be banging at the RFU's door looking for hand-outs...
Basically

We don't put on a good enough show to entice people to travel to Barnet so people need to give us money as rugby fans go to twickers
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Once a Knight wrote:I thought Griffiths was gone as their CEO?
He has, just clinging in for the attention
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I don 't get the South Africa connection in that I always thought there were restrictions on getting money out of South Africa if so how are they investors in an English Club ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:I don 't get the South Africa connection in that I always thought there were restrictions on getting money out of South Africa if so how are they investors in an English Club ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not 1985 anymore Rum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
He is there until end of the season, will be interesting to see if he is still a director on any of the many companies involved with the Sorrie circus, wonder how much a £1 share is worth in a company worth £ -45 million :D
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
He is there until end of the season, will be interesting to see if he is still a director on any of the many companies involved with the Sorrie circus, wonder how much a £1 share is worth in a company worth £ -45 million :D
He's a director in the limited liability partnership that owns the pitch
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
He's a director in the limited liability partnership that owns the pitch
Will be interesting to see if he remains in these and some of the other companies, the entire setup is holding companies Uk and SA and probably a few others, a real paper chase if anyone went to try and sort out how it is all connected up and who actually is the real cash at the back of it all.
Rory Best