Toulon threaten to Forfeit Game

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Toulon threaten to Forfeit Game

Post by Neill_M »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 63,00.html

They are threatening to forfeit the Castres game at the weekend, as they only have 1 available hooker and tight-head in their main squad and will have to use their academy etc. That must be a first, other teams have never had that problem during an international window :stir:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulon threaten to Forfeit Game

Post by damianmcr »

Poor Toulon with all their superstars.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 63,00.html

They are threatening to forfeit the Castres game at the weekend, as they only have 1 available hooker and tight-head in their main squad and will have to use their academy etc. That must be a first, other teams have never had that problem during an international window :stir:
Simple then if their props are not up to it play with 14 men and uncontested scrums :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Very true, I think Glasgow came to Belfast a couple of years ago without a TH on the bench for a Pro 12 game. Not sure if it went to uncontested scrums?
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Neill_M wrote:Very true, I think Glasgow came to Belfast a couple of years ago without a TH on the bench for a Pro 12 game. Not sure if it went to uncontested scrums?
I seem to recall a game with one of the Welsh regions and UR being postponed a few years back because of a lack of front row players - they claimed it would be too dangerous to bring an academy player in at that level!
Hope is not a strategy.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Lend them McCall
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Hans Indaruck wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Very true, I think Glasgow came to Belfast a couple of years ago without a TH on the bench for a Pro 12 game. Not sure if it went to uncontested scrums?
I seem to recall a game with one of the Welsh regions and UR being postponed a few years back because of a lack of front row players - they claimed it would be too dangerous to bring an academy player in at that level!
That was the Ospreys back in 2010.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
Hans Indaruck wrote:
That was the Ospreys back in 2010.
Was that the year they messed about with an extra player on the pitch in one match and somehow wangled Glasgow out of a home draw ? oh aye and they had a wrecking spree in La Mon after the Ulster match ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Slightly off topic, but it seems the Exeter boys had a quiet night back in August if this tripadvisor review of the Hilton is accurate >burp

Stayed here overnight after Belsonic as it ended after the time of the last train home and I needed a good nights sleep before a 9 hour shift at work the next day. Little did I know that I would be kept awake half the night by the Exeter Chiefs Rugby Squad who would later celebrate their (friendly) victory over Ulster by running riot through the hotel in a loud, inconsiderate, obnoxious and arrogant manner. The quality of sleep achieved was terrible and as a result I won't stay here again. The staff couldn't have been more apologetic and nice about it and offered free beverages which was nice however it didn't even come close to compensating for the inconvenience caused. In hindsight it would have been better cheaper for my partner and myself to get a taxi home and spend the night in our own bed. For the amount of money I paid for the room it was really unacceptable and feel that a discount of some sort could have been applied. The main purpose of a hotel is after all to get a good nights sleep and I'm lucky if I got 2 hours since I struggled to return to sleep after the half hour long ruckus outside my door and rugby players hammering on walls and doors at 3.18am. It was a shame as the room and facilities were quite good but it's all for nothing if the hotel is unable to serve it's intended purpose which is to give guests a great nights sleep. Hilton Belfast - PLEASE ban that Rugby squad from your establishment... they have cost (for we definitely won't be back) and are costing you business!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Shock Horror rugby players annoy hotel guest, so fecking what
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

... continuing the of theme rugby players enjoying themselves theme, I saw this in a local London website:
A tube train was forced to stop at Stamford Brook station on Wednesday evening (29th October) after reports of a group of students stripping naked and jumping on and off carriages.

A group believed to be from Imperial College were reportedly playing a game which involved undressing and getting off the train at each station before jumping on again just as the train left.

Their antics began at Richmond station leading to British Transport Police (BTP) being called. Their spokesman said, "Our officers were called to Stamford Brook station shortly after 5.30pm on Wednesday, October 29, to reports of a group of naked men on a district line train between Richmond and Upminster.

"We conducted a search of the area but did not find anyone matching the description. Enquiries continue."

The train was taken out of service at Stamford Brook.

Imperial College London have suspended their rugby team pending an investigation into the matter.

They said in a statement, “The Students’ Union has very clear policies and rules in place regarding the behaviour of all members of its clubs and societies. Any breach of these policies and rules is taken very seriously by the College and the Students Union, and disciplinary action will be taken where necessary. As a result of this incident the Union has suspended the team in question pending investigation.”

If you saw any partially clothed rugby players in the vicinity of Stamford Brook station last Wednesday you can contact BTP on DistrictLineNPT@btp.pnn.police.uk.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Quiet day mike :roll: