Ulster sides in UBL

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster sides in UBL

Post by BaggyTrousers »

That's as may be 9 but I'd take Brian's record as the man in charge without batting an eyelid. FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

When u look at what a mess Brian had to takeover from and the squad that he had Afoa and Ruan aside, he worked wonders that season. He got the players behind him and playing for him. His pro 12 record wasn't the best but they gave blood sweat and tears. Outstanding coach and would take him back at Ulster in a heartbeat.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Banbridge 2s vs Armagh 1s

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Banbridge 2s vs Armagh 1s

Scared to send the firsts ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Banbridge 2s vs Armagh 1s

Scared to send the firsts ?
All playing for ulster a

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

UR13IRFU wrote:When u look at what a mess Brian had to takeover from and the squad that he had Afoa and Ruan aside, he worked wonders that season. He got the players behind him and playing for him. His pro 12 record wasn't the best but they gave blood sweat and tears. Outstanding coach and would take him back at Ulster in a heartbeat.
Best, Muller, Wannenburg. ... a fit Ferris. Strongest Ulster pack in decades.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
UR13IRFU wrote:When u look at what a mess Brian had to takeover from and the squad that he had Afoa and Ruan aside, he worked wonders that season. He got the players behind him and playing for him. His pro 12 record wasn't the best but they gave blood sweat and tears. Outstanding coach and would take him back at Ulster in a heartbeat.
Neither Ferris nor Henry was fit for the final, but both played because much as that was an excellent pack, there was nothing behind the first choice players. As a matter of fact I doubt Stevie was ever properly fit again.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Neither Ferris nor Henry was fit for the final, but both played because much as that was an excellent pack, there was nothing behind the first choice players. As a matter of fact I doubt Stevie was ever properly fit again.
They say every boxer has one last fight, for 1F his was Munster away in that QF.

My point, he had a hell of a lot more than Afoa and Pienaar.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Armagh leading 6-0 at half time
Lucky to say the least
Banbridge by far the superior side

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Armagh leading 6-0 at half time
Lucky to say the least

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who told you that, Banbridge rarely got out of their own 22 never mind half :D
Anyway finished up 16 - 6 and Banbridge gave the impression of a side that thought winning was just a formality. Armagh dominated scrum, stole a couple of lineouts and looked the sharper side all match, Banbridge had a couple of chances but their ball handling was even worse than Ulsters with dropped passes and passing to no one, their fitness levels were telling at the end that while Soper may be a good coach his lads were sucking air for the last 20 mins.
I had thought the match would be closer than that but the scoreline did not even do justice to the difference in sides.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Lucky to say the least

Image Image Image Who told you that, Banbridge rarely got out of their own 22 never mind half :D
Anyway finished up 16 - 6 and Banbridge gave the impression of a side that thought winning was just a formality. Armagh dominated scrum, stole a couple of lineouts and looked the sharper side all match, Banbridge had a couple of chances but their ball handling was even worse than Ulsters with dropped passes and passing to no one, their fitness levels were telling at the end that while Soper may be a good coach his lads were sucking air for the last 20 mins.
I had thought the match would be closer than that but the scoreline did not even do justice to the difference in sides.
Was there mate
Your summary is nonsense

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Lucky to say the least

Image Image Image Who told you that, Banbridge rarely got out of their own 22 never mind half :D
Was there mate
Your summary is nonsense

You give your version then explaining the scrum penalties and scoreline.
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Lucky to say the least

Was there mate
Your summary is nonsense

You give your version then explaining the scrum penalties and scoreline.
Cheats

Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Lucky to say the least

Was there mate
Your summary is nonsense

Well Russ, let's hear a detailed rebuttal of Rooster's nonsense summary rather than a meaningless 4 word throwaway dismissal !!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tighty wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Lucky to say the least

Was there mate
Your summary is nonsense

Well Russ, let's hear a detailed rebuttal of Rooster's nonsense summary rather than a meaningless 4 word throwaway dismissal !!
No

BBTID