2014/15 Tigers watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

tigerburnie
Warrior

Re: 2014/15 Tigers watch

Post by tigerburnie »

Once a Knight wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Just too much class this week, we might be still in mathematically, but I'm not sure we can do it now.
Maybe we should change the format?

EPRC not fit for purpose?

Anyway, bad luck. Nobody can compete with the mega millions squads being assembled in France. Maybe you fine chaps might have been better served looking for a level playing field with the French by securing a proper wage cap?
Well you're not quite right, we did beat them at home, so they are beatable. We win our last home game and dependant on some other results, a trip to the old Ravers could still have plenty to play for.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Just too much class this week, we might be still in mathematically, but I'm not sure we can do it now.

Anyway, bad luck. Nobody can compete with the mega millions squads being assembled in France. Maybe you fine chaps might have been better served looking for a level playing field with the French by securing a proper wage cap?
Well you're not quite right, we did beat them at home, so they are beatable. We win our last home game and dependant on some other results, a trip to the old Ravers could still have plenty to play for.
You played Toulon in the east midlands on a freezing sunday in december

a trip on a CIA plane is preferred by 6 billion
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Russ wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

Russ, you just said they have only four French in the side, sure the others have seen a bit of cold weather before........................
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:
Russ wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

Russ, you just said they have only four French in the side, sure the others have seen a bit of cold weather before........................
Cold weather yes.
The east midlands rivals basra for biggest dump on earth

I jest
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

If you win tomorrow, you might still be in with a chance, we failed at Y Parc and that means we will have to win in Belfast, something we don't seem too good at.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Once a Knight wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:If you win tomorrow, you might still be in with a chance, we failed at Y Parc and that means we will have to win in Belfast, something we don't seem too good at.
Whatever "we" do tomorrow affects little. Toulon will win in Scarlets and beat us in Toulon. I realise that it's difficult when you're the "home" of rugby and part of the master race but it's not the despair that kills you it's the hope that comes before. Having beaten their main rival at home in the group Toulon couldn't really be arsed playing you in Leicester. They paid for that and have now corrected it. You can construct mathematical "possibilities" all you want. But by round 4 if your not charting your route to the QFs then you're only making up the numbers.
Ahhh now lads TB isn't a bad spud. Sure he toes the PRL party line but I blame the appallingly biased media over there rather than him personally.

The real enemy are the French money bags clubs. It's just taking the English longer to realise what a big threat they are to the sport we love.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote: The real enemy are the French money bags clubs. It's just taking the English longer to realise what a big threat they are to the sport we love.
The enemy are the incompetent clowns who run 3 or 4 profligate English clubs and the organ grinder's monkey that is McCafferty. Let us not forget it was they who laid waste the finest competition in the sport.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

And it's a yes from me!!! Once a Snipe has nailed it.
Bo***cks to Brexit
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Firstly as an optimist whose glass is always on the full side, I never admit defeat until the last whistle, I learned that on the pitch, no point feckin being there if you don't believe you have a chance.
Secondly I express my opinion, sometimes backed up with the facts available, but that makes me no more of a wum than any other on here, from this side of the Isle of Man, I cannot see any changes in this competition on the field of play. I am told the cash distribution has changed, but the competition and the same teams in it, looks just fine and dandy to me.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

It would ok to me if I could see my team play, all 3 games on feckin BT so far.

So definitely different here.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

tigerburnie wrote:Firstly as an optimist whose glass is always on the full side, I never admit defeat until the last whistle, I learned that on the pitch, no point feckin being there if you don't believe you have a chance.
Secondly I express my opinion, sometimes backed up with the facts available, but that makes me no more of a wum than any other on here, from this side of the Isle of Man, I cannot see any changes in this competition on the field of play. I am told the cash distribution has changed, but the competition and the same teams in it, looks just fine and dandy to me.
The 20 team format does seem to be more competitive. Only Toulouse have a 100% record at this stage.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Firstly as an optimist whose glass is always on the full side, I never admit defeat until the last whistle, I learned that on the pitch, no point feckin being there if you don't believe you have a chance.
The 20 team format does seem to be more competitive. Only Toulouse have a 100% record at this stage.
Probably due to no teams really looking interested, certainly not a vintage season for quality rugby.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Are people taking it seriously though?

Attendance looks through the floor
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Have the Irish clubs been subjected to BT coverage on purpose? It feels that way.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:Have the Irish clubs been subjected to BT coverage on purpose? It feels that way.
Yes

Given Sky have the Pro 12 and Irish internationals, they have the pubs and private people buying

So they had no need to pick up the Irish games

BT splitting the pot has fecked everyone