2014/15 Tigers watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2014/15 Tigers watch

Post by Wee Woman »

I could go on but I'm sure you get the gist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I just read it
Brilliant

Someone needs to stand up to disgusting PRL clubs
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Marvellous to be able to do that in another language >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tigersman
Novice

Post by Tigersman »

Oh there is no love loss.

Although a lot doesn't make sense.

He left Leicester because he was behind Cole?
So leaves to Toulon who have Hayman and he only starts 7 games last season
And says it's nothing to do with the money

Also liked how Leicester of old didn't sack coaches.

Pretty sure we are fairly ruthless at that.

Oh well, the team were shits to us the crowd.
D.Armitage in particular.

They expected an easy win TBH and didn't get one.

After this game I have a burning desire to see them out of the comp ASAP. don't care who goes through (Prefer us).
Classless team.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Im with you there Tigersman . That Toulon outfit need their tiaras knocked off. Verging on impossible to beat in Toulon but I have a suspicion that they may not enjoy West Wales in January :lol: Pity they got the BP at Welford.
Meanwhile in the land of the stricken our first team cloning experiments are being fruit and We should be ready for them in the new year assuming Connacht and Leinster play Tag with us at Christmas :fleg:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Spidey Armitage too!! He's a real classy guy!

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Yip Matt was right when he called him a f'n wee spide >threaten
Former England international Delon Armitage allegedly threatened to ‘take the face off’ a Leicester supporter as temperatures boiled over at Welford Road on Sunday evening.

The Toulon full back was involved in an angry exchange after his side’s 25-21 defeat in the European Champions Cup and has also been accused of calling supporters ‘inbred c****’ as he walked towards the dressing rooms at half-time.

Leicester are investigating complaints made to stewards after the controversial scenes in the East Midlands, where ex-Leicester favourite Martin Castrogiovanni added to the drama with an expletive-ridden attack on his former boss Richard Cockerill.

‘Delon got some banter after he walked in to the fan bar instead of the players’ lounge by mistake,’ said one witness, who has been a Tigers season ticket holder for more than 20 years. ‘As he turned away someone shouted something, which I didn’t hear, and then he reacted.

‘He turned around and said “If that’s the f*****g attitude you’re going to take, then let’s take it where nobody can see what happens. Let’s go and do this in the car park, face to face, where I’m going to take yours off”. Thank God there weren’t any fisticuffs because that would have taken things to a different level.’

The 30-year-old had previously stormed straight down the tunnel at full-time, refusing to shake hands with the Leicester players. According to Sportsmail sources, he told Tigers players that ‘we don’t do tunnels in France’, although he is fully aware that it is customary in English rugby.

It is not the first time Armitage, 30, has been involved in controversy and news of the altercations quickly spread on social media. Last year, Armitage was involved in a Twitter spat with former England hooker Brian Moore. The rugby bad boy called Moore a ‘fat p***k’ and told him to ‘Go write another s*** book’ after criticism of his goading try celebration in the 2013 Heineken Cup final. Moore said previously: ‘If a player did to me what Armitage has just done I’d have to chin him after the touchdown.’

In 2012, the former London Irish player was arrested for an alleged assault inside a Torquay nightclub. During his time at the Aviva Premiership club, he was also handed an eight-week ban for pushing and verbally abusing a doping official and faced several suspensions for foul on-field play.

Sunday night’s alleged altercation will no doubt add some extra spice to this weekend’s return leg at the Stade Mayol. Speaking after Sunday night’s victory, Cockerill said the away trip will be ‘twice as hard’ and claimed Toulon will be ‘cheesed off’ after their surprise defeat at Welford Road. If Armitage is not handed a suspension, then he could well feature in the Pool 3 tie, but he can expect a frosty reception from travelling Leicester supporters.

‘Players normally stop for photographs and autographs around the area where it happened so there were a lot of children around,’ added Sportsmail’s source. 'I was absolutely shocked. As a season ticket holder for 20 years, I’ve seen a fair share of banter flying around, but I’ve never experienced that. I’m a Nottingham Forest season ticket holder as well, for my sins, and I’ve never seen anything like that there.’

Armitage has been capped 26 times by England but has not represented his country for more than three years. He is the older brother of Steffon Armitage, whose impressive performances for Toulon have resulted in calls for him to be drafted into Stuart Lancaster’s international squad for the World Cup. Neither player nor club were available for comment when contacted by Sportsmail on Monday.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

EPCR Disciplinary Update following various reports in the media about events taking place during and after the European Rugby Champions Cup Round 3 match between Leicester Tigers and RC Toulon on Sunday, 7 December 2014.
After yesterday's match at Welford Road, Leicester Tigers referred two incidents to EPCR, and the tournament Disciplinary Officer is now investigating those to determine, among other things, whether there are grounds to bring misconduct complaints against those involved under the Disciplinary Rules of the European Rugby Champions Cup Participation Agreement.

The first incident concerns allegations that during the match RC Toulon player, Delon Armitage, used offensive language at or near spectators.

The second incident concerns allegations that when addressing representatives of the media after the match, the RC Toulon player, Martin Castrogiovanni, criticised the Leicester Tigers Director of Rugby, Richard Cockerill, and used offensive language in doing so.

The Disciplinary Officer has requested information from Leicester Tigers and the two players, and will also review all other available evidence before deciding what the next steps, if any, will be.

Should the Disciplinary Officer decide that there are grounds to bring a misconduct complaint in respect of one or both of the incidents, the case or cases would be heard by an independent Disciplinary Committee under the Disciplinary Rules. In the meantime, both players are free to play.
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

He is one nasty dirty rotten f-cker and a sad pathetic man-child at the same time.

A severe baitin might go a long way to helping him. Though it would probably end up like this. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GPrFZ33lo

Either way I would love to see Leicester beat them again next weekend.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/214 ... Isz5MtyaUk

Tough call, but they didn't look that hot last weekend, so you never know.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is Cockerill still a Warren Gatland?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Just too much class this week, we might be still in mathematically, but I'm not sure we can do it now.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:Just too much class this week, we might be still in mathematically, but I'm not sure we can do it now.
I wouldn't say they played well
I would say you played above your ability
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Just too much class this week, we might be still in mathematically, but I'm not sure we can do it now.
Maybe we should change the format?

EPRC not fit for purpose?

Anyway, bad luck. Nobody can compete with the mega millions squads being assembled in France. Maybe you fine chaps might have been better served looking for a level playing field with the French by securing a proper wage cap?
There also needs to be proper non country qualified quotas

Toulon had 4 frenchmen today