2014/15 Tigers watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 2014/15 Tigers watch

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Is there a minimum number of players/ proportion of 1st-team squad that English clubs need to have, who are English-eligible?
No
They don't need to have an Englishman about the place which was an issue for them at international level, but with so many now qualifying on residency, there's coming a day when England will field an entirely non-English team. It will continue to leave them under performing and may even stop them winning their world cup next year.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Is there a minimum number of players/ proportion of 1st-team squad that English clubs need to have, who are English-eligible?
No
They don't need to have an Englishman about the place which was an issue for them at international level, but with so many now qualifying on residency, there's coming a day when England will field an entirely non-English team. It will continue to leave them under performing and may even stop them winning their world cup next year.
You should have said winning the world cup AGAIN Snipe............................................ :stir:
Baggy Tigers have two Italian props coming through the accademy who may play for England as they were over looked at age level by the Italians, so some more surnames you may not think are English. They should have all good old English names like Singh or Patel really shouldn't they................................ >EW
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
No
You should have said winning the world cup AGAIN Snipe............................................ :stir:
Baggy Tigers have two Italian props coming through the accademy who may play for England as they were over looked at age level by the Italians, so some more surnames you may not think are English. They should have all good old English names like Singh or Patel really shouldn't they................................ >EW
Luckily UKIP and BNP supporters are chavs

Imagine the outcry if England were to win a world cup with 2 chavs from up North and a load of jonny foreigners

Easterby Out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

tigerburnie wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
No
Baggy Tigers have two Italian props coming through the academy who may play for England as they were over looked at age level by the Italians, so some more surnames you may not think are English. They should have all good old English names like Singh or Patel really shouldn't they................................ >EW
Don't put borderline racist words in my mouth TB..... get up the yard ye langer >threaten . Did I say it was wrong? No...... >denied
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Snipe, that wasn't the intention, just pulling your chain, hence the "wink" emoticon.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

tigerburnie wrote:Snipe, that wasn't the intention, just pulling your chain, hence the "wink" emoticon.
I knew that.....
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Snipe Watson wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Snipe, that wasn't the intention, just pulling your chain, hence the "wink" emoticon.
I knew that.....
Just testing.............
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

tigerburnie wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I knew that.....
Just testing.............
Very, but not as much as Russ
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tuilagi is a fat Warren Gatland

Easterby Out
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Well having seen him on Saturday Russ, there's not an ounce of fat on him........
Went to the home of 7's rugby to watch a pumped up Embra take on the mighty Leicester Tigers on Saturday afternoon. Not with standing the "homer" junior ref from Gala who really didn't seem to understand the laws, Tigers were less than mighty. A few looked interested and a few looked very rusty. Anyone who watched the game hoping to glean some ideas on what Tigers tactics were would be sadly under informed, looked like playing by numbers to me and we barely won and frankly barely deserved to. Embra were nothing special at all, plenty of anti English huff and puff, but I doubt they will trouble too many sides in the pro12 on that showing.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

tigerburnie wrote: Anyone who watched the game hoping to glean some ideas on what Tigers tactics were would be sadly under informed,
Any eejit who expects to see anything more than a good training session run when they go to a pre season friendly is seriously deluded
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: Anyone who watched the game hoping to glean some ideas on what Tigers tactics were would be sadly under informed,
Any eejit who expects to see anything more than a good training session run when they go to a pre season friendly is seriously deluded
The English are deluded

Easterby Out
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
The English are deluded

Easterby Out
Some on here are deluded as well as to what happens at preseason friendlys and as for the Bakeheads don't even go there :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
The English are deluded

Easterby Out
Some on here are deluded as well as to what happens at preseason friendlys and as for the Bakeheads don't even go there :roll:
Ive had to stay away from it all

I have found that the world is stupid

Easterby Out
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Ed Slater appointed Tigers Captain, good lad and one to watch, I can see him being a regular in the England side too, very much in the Martin Johnson mould, leads from the front .