RDP12F

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: RDP12F

Post by Eggs »

Shan wrote:Leinster far top good for Glasgow. Glasgow tried as hard as they could but in the end the gulf in class is significant.
+1
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Leinster have been there and done it time and again. Far too smart for Glasgow who blew their bolt in the first half.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Think Glasgee did all they could. Their off-loading game gave Leinster something to think about and got them a lot of front-foot ball. Their young fly-half made a couple of basic errors in the 2nd 40 which killed their momentum and they picked up a catalogue of injuries which made it very difficult for them. Owens was grand but aired on the side of the home side when it came to the tight calls. To beat Leinster away you need that bit of luck (unless you are fekkin brilliant lol). Not a great final but the best team won the league.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote: Owens was grand but aired on the side of the home side when it came to the tight calls.
What did Nigel "air" Agen-le-tete? Weren't you trying recently to convince me you are intelligent?

In any event, yes, very obviously the better team won. It is sad but true that Leinster have won this league playing badly & they do that because they are streets ahead of any other team in the league in terms of SID. Forget Glasgies 30 something internationals, they are Scottish internationals & damn few you would want to relieve them of.

It is a sad fact for the league that although clearly in slight decline and with their backs struggling as much as Ulster for tries this season they remain well ahead of the game in the Pro12.

I'm not dismayed to see their two old codgers depart with another medal, they deserve it, well done Mexico.

Mike McCarthy on the other hand deserves the opprobrium of the entire rugby watching world, he was slapped open handed by an effete short back-swinged handbeg &, in ridiculously slow reaction time, crumpled to the sward as if shot in the face by Glasgie Baggy. This large girl's chemise he very much needs disciplined for a disgraceful piece of acting, staying down long after was remotely decent.

If Josef has selected him for Argieand, he would do the game a lot of Goode by telling McCarthy to stay at home and get some acting practice, or a backbone, preferably the latter.

Gatland.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
What did Nigel "air" Agen-le-tete? Weren't you trying recently to .
6 in from the side on a maul that had become unopposed. Foot up on a couple if occassion.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Mike McCarthy on the other hand deserves the opprobrium of the entire rugby watching world, he was slapped open handed by an effete short back-swinged handbeg &, in ridiculously slow reaction time, crumpled to the sward as if shot in the face by Glasgie Baggy. This large girl's chemise he very much needs disciplined for a disgraceful piece of acting, staying down long after was remotely decent.

If Josef has selected him for Argieand, he would do the game a lot of Goode by telling McCarthy to stay at home and get some acting practice, or a backbone, preferably the latter.

Gatland.
He should be ashamed of himself. In the old days if one of our club players acted in so pitiful a manner he wouldn't have to wait long to find out what the supporters of his own team thought of him. Sadly there's been a growing number of examples of this type of shíte in the game in the last couple of years.

He should be made to watch this where you can see some genuine examples of players needing to go to the floor. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOMPCgHQ68
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He should have got a yellow card for that, soon put a stop to that sort of nonsense
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Gatland.
He should be ashamed of himself. In the old days if one of our club players acted in so pitiful a manner he wouldn't have to wait long to find out what the supporters of his own team thought of him. Sadly there's been a growing number of examples of this type of shíte in the game in the last couple of years.

He should be made to watch this where you can see some genuine examples of players needing to go to the floor. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOMPCgHQ68
Fair play to Charlie Hodgson for taking a few deep breaths and then getting on with it after Lawes welcomed him with that might hit :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:He should have got a yellow card for that, soon put a stop to that sort of nonsense
I don't expect anything to be done about it now but Christ, I'm entering despair mode when an Irish international goes to ground after being slapped with an open palm & the slapper, a tubby ballix has already taken 2 or 3 steps away & hasn't even shouted "TIMBER!!!!!"

I seriously hope someone has a word, McCarthy very clearly did that in close proximity to the ref, cheating in the hope of getting a card awarded. McCarthy has never been a player I have held in much regard, I now hold Wee Mike in no regard whatsoever, he is just a cheating lowlife.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:He should have got a yellow card for that, soon put a stop to that sort of nonsense
I don't expect anything to be done about it now but Christ, I'm entering despair mode when an Irish international goes to ground after being slapped with an open palm & the slapper, a tubby ballix has already taken 2 or 3 steps away & hasn't even shouted "TIMBER!!!!!"

I seriously hope someone has a word, McCarthy very clearly did that in close proximity to the ref, cheating in the hope of getting a card awarded. McCarthy has never been a player I have held in much regard, I now hold Wee Mike in no regard whatsoever, he is just a cheating lowlife.
Can't stand that kind of cr@p on a rugby pitch. Red card and a ban would stop it as we have seen a few of these things happening recently.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

I wouldn't mind, but the officials actually reviewed that incident on video to check for foul play i.e a punch by the Weegie. They obviously decided neither the slap or the histrionics merited further action. I'd have though McCarthy's action was by far the more serious and clearly an act contrary to good sportsmanship as defined in law 10 and should have been a penalty.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

... And a shocking waste of an opportunity for Nige to say "This in not soccer!"
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
big mervyn wrote:... And a shocking waste of an opportunity for Nige to say "This in not soccer!"
IIRC he actually said "naw, there's nothing in that" and ran off to restart the game. He had every opportunity to deal with it.

I must say that I detest this sort of thing and that's why I posted the vine. McCarthy deserves all the opprobrium he gets imo. It reminded me of Le Quiff going down and remaining motionless as Ravenhill until he saw he was getting the penalty.

There's being "cute" and then there's cheating and feigning injury is cheating imo.
An england player dived in the baa baas game too

Also, during the surrey leicestershire game, 30 seconds in, guy caught in the air ala payne, then driven head first into the ground.

Here's me calling for a red, and someone with a sorries fleg 2 rows in front of me saying there was nothing in it.

It was a hybrid take out in the air / tip tackle

Fecking sorries vunts being hypocrites

Anscombe Out
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Glasgow lost because Leinster had the better defence and defence wins matches

How much on Saturday was decided by the quality on the bench

At 60 mins Glasgow were played out in the heat and Leinster start to bring on their second string Internationals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Glasgow lost because Leinster had the better defence and defence wins matches

How much on Saturday was decided by the quality on the bench

At 60 mins Glasgow were played out in the heat and Leinster start to bring on their second string Internationals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glasgow were in it until the bench and injuries took the toll sadly

Lost too many too early which negated what little impact they had available

Anscombe Out