Glasgow v Edinburgh

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow v Edinburgh

Post by for dog and ulcer »

4 Glasgow subs on.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

37 20 after 77 mins.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

37 27 after a comedy of communication and indecision by the officials. 79 mins gone.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

37 34 Visser try. Edinburgh could have won that! 9 tries.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Very entertaining match. Glasgow took foot off the gas in last few minutes. Glasgow favourites for a home semi as they have 2 Italian teams to play.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote: Even if we lose to Leinster on Friday night, we will still have a top 4 spot on the line at Thomond. We need to lose both for Ospreys to overtake us.
No if we lose one and fail to pick up BP in both our final games and Ospreys pick up 2 BP wins they overtake us.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Moiraman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote: Even if we lose to Leinster on Friday night, we will still have a top 4 spot on the line at Thomond. We need to lose both for Ospreys to overtake us.
No if we lose one and fail to pick up BP in both our final games and Ospreys pick up 2 BP wins they overtake us.
Correct
I'm liking the way you made that look like Ruckie's mistake....
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Moiraman wrote:Very entertaining match. Glasgow took foot off the gas in last few minutes. Glasgow favourites for a home semi as they have 2 Italian teams to play.
A more cynical mind may come to the conclusion that Glasgow gifted their fellow Scottish counterparts a LBP and a TBP thus still giving them an outside chance of finishing 6th and gaining a seat at the top table of european rugby next season.... :roll: :roll:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Moiraman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Correct
I'm liking the way you made that look like Ruckie's mistake....
... although you were quite correct in one respect: our destiny will still be in our hands at Thomond regardless of the results next w/e.

Time to get behind the team on Friday and as many as can make it to Thomond :red: :fleg: A massive upset would also most certainly be in our interests the marra. GWAN MUNSTER!!!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I was being hypothetical, hence "say we were..."
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

UlsterNo9 wrote:A more cynical mind may come to the conclusion that Glasgow gifted their fellow Scottish counterparts a LBP and a TBP thus still giving them an outside chance of finishing 6th and gaining a seat at the top table of european rugby next season.... :roll: :roll:
Without seeing the match or any of the tries...

Given that Edinburgh helped Glasgow out of a hole a couple of weeks ago by sending them a prop deemed "surplus to requirements"... who just happened to be a current international; the first thought that struck my mind when 2 late tries happened to get Edinburgh within 7 and helped them score 4 tries for 2 BPs was really?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

:duck:
Amiga500 wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:A more cynical mind may come to the conclusion that Glasgow gifted their fellow Scottish counterparts a LBP and a TBP thus still giving them an outside chance of finishing 6th and gaining a seat at the top table of european rugby next season.... :roll: :roll:
Without seeing the match or any of the tries...

Given that Edinburgh helped Glasgow out of a hole a couple of weeks ago by sending them a prop deemed "surplus to requirements"... who just happened to be a current international; the first thought that struck my mind when 2 late tries happened to get Edinburgh within 7 and helped them score 4 tries for 2 BPs was really?
My first thoughts as well. What are the chances like? Even the Weegies try scoring record has been very poor all season with only 1 TBP until last week.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So are we saying that the match was rigged.....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

What were the legalities of the Edinburgh prop playing for Glasgow as he had already played for Edinburgh this season, did not think that was permitted ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:So are we saying that the match was rigged.....
Not a place I would want to see this board go.
Too many clampits ready to state it as fact that rugby matches are fixed after any hint of suggestion on this board. There have already been baseless hints of bribery.