General Rabo 13/14 Thread

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Re: General Rabo 13/14 Thread

Post by namron »

Too bloooody right . Its a legitimate excuse for a trip to dublin on the lash :cheers:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

The wonderful eagle-eyed TMO that gave Glasgow the try that wasn't last week, Jim Yuille, has been given the job again for Glasgow v Edinburgh this weekend. Love a bit of justice :roll:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ruckover wrote:The wonderful eagle-eyed TMO that gave Glasgow the try that wasn't last week, Jim Yuille, has been given the job again for Glasgow v Edinburgh this weekend. Love a bit of justice :roll:
Is there a YouTube clip of that btw? I've been arguing about it all week from a position of relative ignorance.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
ruckover wrote:The wonderful eagle-eyed TMO that gave Glasgow the try that wasn't last week, Jim Yuille, has been given the job again for Glasgow v Edinburgh this weekend. Love a bit of justice :roll:
Is there a YouTube clip of that btw? I've been arguing about it all week from a position of relative ignorance.
Doesn't show too many angles, but try here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27080077

Relevant parts are from about 1.40 in to this.

Ulster players seemed convinced Nick had got the ball down - it came down to the questiuon by the ref.

I think he asked "try or no try?", when many refs might have asked, "any reason not to award the try?"

The other strange thing was the question on the Glasgow try - he asked about the grounding, and then if that was good, to go back and check for obstruction. Most (including me) thought he was checking obstruction by a Glasgow player on Muller, preventing a tackle, in which case, this should have been looked at first and if seen, the grounding becomes irrelevant as it should have been penalty to Ulster. Can only assume he was looking at other possible obstruction and if try not awarded, he might have gone back for penalty to Glasgow, if there was obstruction BY Ulster?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

A heads-up that the (crucial for us) match between Zebre and Ospreys is tonight (THURSDAY) at 5pm B&IST (live on S4C)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:A heads-up that the (crucial for us) match between Zebre and Ospreys is tonight (THURSDAY) at 5pm B&IST (live on S4C)
Pretty crucial for the 2 teams involved too. European Cup rugby at stake for both of them. If the plucky Italians can win and deny Hairsprays a BP I do believe we'd be in the semis. :cheers: >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
margin walker
Novice

Post by margin walker »

margin walker
Novice

Post by margin walker »

10-3 after 19 minutes
margin walker
Novice

Post by margin walker »

13-6 28mins
SDK
Novice

Post by SDK »

Ospreys lose to Zebre
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

feck wales

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

According to UR twitter, that means Ulster need 1 point from final 2 games to make the play-offs ( I haven't checked the table to see if this is correct!)
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mikerob wrote:According to UR twitter, that means Ulster need 1 point from final 2 games to make the play-offs ( I haven't checked the table to see if this is correct!)
Is
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mikerob wrote:According to UR twitter, that means Ulster need 1 point from final 2 games to make the play-offs ( I haven't checked the table to see if this is correct!)
It is (assuming Ospreys get 5 next week - Gwan the Westies!).

Surely our friends from D4 can ensure we come away with at least one point the marra?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote:
It is (assuming Ospreys get 5 next week - Gwan the Westies!).

Surely our friends from D4 can ensure we come away with at least one point the marra?
Treviso will be guns blazing against Glasgow now also after Zebre winning today, they'll be chasing HEC spot.

Treviso win and all of a sudden, new stadium opening lift win and we could be on the march to Limerick for a home semi
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18