Radge reported to be kicking coach at Racing Metro

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

cardoc
Novice

Re: Radge reported to be kicking coach at Racing Metro

Post by cardoc »

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

cardoc wrote:Is this what Rog will be teaching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCkHxSk3 ... r_embedded
No , more of this
image.jpg
image.jpg (36.45 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Great player, who made the most of his considerable strengths and worked hard at his limitations. He perfected the kick pass he talked about yesterday afternoon...anyone remember our own Tammy being the end of one of radges trademark kick pass to score a crucial try in the grand slam decider?

He made some questionable choices of the pitch-slouching for the queen caused a right old stir and a few other bits and pieces but like many people I think he mellowed with age and came across increasingly personable as he did. Yes he was always competitive but that is to be expected from a man who had to fight so hard to overcome his physically limitations in a hugely physical sport. There were plenty of better athletes than radge but few could hold a candle to his mental fortitude.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

After seeing pics of him and other members of the Munster team carrying the coffin of a young fan who died of cancer last week, he's surely not a bad spud. I didn't think much of him as a person (till then), but he has been a great servant to Irish Rugby. Good luck to him.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:After seeing pics of him and other members of the Munster team carrying the coffin of a young fan who died of cancer last week, he's surely not a bad spud. I didn't think much of him as a person (till then), but he has been a great servant to Irish Rugby. Good luck to him.
Took my hat off to them for that. Not often I do it for a Munster man, but the team showed a lot of class and respect to them for it.
RADGE, bar his one blip about cross field kicks being a potent counter attacking weapon that Clermont should use, also impressed me on the punditry side of things.

Reckon he is off to Oz as a SS pundit, but will he be dropped when Drico drops out cabbaged?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Russ wrote:
shamalicious wrote:After seeing pics of him and other members of the Munster team carrying the coffin of a young fan who died of cancer last week, he's surely not a bad spud. I didn't think much of him as a person (till then), but he has been a great servant to Irish Rugby. Good luck to him.
Took my hat off to them for that. Not often I do it for a Munster man, but the team showed a lot of class and respect to them for it.
RADGE, bar his one blip about cross field kicks being a potent counter attacking weapon that Clermont should use, also impressed me on the punditry side of things.

Reckon he is off to Oz as a SS pundit, but will he be dropped when Drico drops out cabbaged?
I think ROG genuinely wants a career as a coach and the move to RM is the first step, but I'm sure he wouldn't say no to Sky's money for a short term gig as a pundit for the Lions.

I think BOD will move into punditry, particularly with Sky getting the Pro12 from next year.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

ROG has signed an extension which will keep him at Racing until 2019. He is also the defence coach now. Gwan ROG.

And the World Cup-winning ten is all praise for the Irishman in Racing’s ranks. “He’s doing an extremely good job. From my old rival to now becoming my coach is great. He’s got an amazing passion. He has got great understanding of the game. He’s still early into his career and I’m sure he’s got an extremely bright future.”

O’Gara is defence coach these days, of course. It is an irony that isn’t lost on Carter who admitted to the fact that New Zealand habitually targeted his 10 channel when they played Ireland, but the stats speak volumes for the job he is doing.

No side has conceded less than the 20 tries that Racing have given up in just 20 Top 14 games this season and the measly six they have conceded in the Champions Cup pool stages leaves them atop that pile too. It’s hard to argue with figures like that.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugb ... 86745.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

and that's how it should be with Irish coaches, go elsewhere and learn rather than being thrown in at the deep end, Doak, Axel and Leo
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:and that's how it should be with Irish coaches, go elsewhere and learn rather than being thrown in at the deep end, Doak, Axel and Leo
Radge and Jackman would be a pretty good Irish coaching package for someone to gather up, stick O'Shea in on the management side and it would be as good as any outfit going.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Unread postby scrum5 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:31 pm

and that's how it should be with Irish coaches, go elsewhere and learn rather than being thrown in at the deep end, Doak, Axel and Leo
Not sure you can really lump Doak in with those other two.

Started coaching in 2000, spent 9 years coaching before being moved into Ulster as backs coach and then another 4 years before doing a bit of work for Ireland. Not exactly fast tracked.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Defence coach.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

fuzzylogic wrote:
Unread postby scrum5 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Not sure you can really lump Doak in with those other two.

Started coaching in 2000, spent 9 years coaching before being moved into Ulster as backs coach and then another 4 years before doing a bit of work for Ireland. Not exactly fast tracked.
Sorry Fuzzy you are correct, No excuses for Doakie then, though i'm not sure that during those 9 years he coached any higher than Lisburn mini's, I believe he didn't last too long there as mothers complained that their little ones were coming home with a whole new vocabulary ># ># >#
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.