HEC Cup Final

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Re: HEC Cup Final

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:Didn't hear a peep out of Sarries fans after 10 minutes in the game

Lots of neutrals decided Toulon should be supported after Sarries fans were acting like knobs with their flags. Not sitting down, constatly waving them

Anscombe Out
There were other people there?

I was sitting in the upper tier in one of the corners. Seemingly my friend and I had spent £65 to have 100 seats each and our own personal steward and bar area.

The service was still cr*p.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Russ wrote:Didn't hear a peep out of Sarries fans after 10 minutes in the game

Lots of neutrals decided Toulon should be supported after Sarries fans were acting like knobs with their flags. Not sitting down, constatly waving them

Anscombe Out
There were other people there?

I was sitting in the upper tier in one of the corners. Seemingly my friend and I had spent £65 to have 100 seats each and our own personal steward and bar area.

The service was still cr*p.
There were a lot more than 5000 empty seats there!

Anscombe Out
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Like so many worried we are on the road to Perdition....two teams full of Boks, ABs and "English adoptees" with a dash of Natives....anyway Ulster Leinster and Munster have enough support to be able to compete up to knock out stages I think...then a miracle is needed. Scheduling the games within two weeks end of 6Ns is going to make teams with higher ratio of foreign players favourites.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:Atmosphere was dire.

We would have ripped the French apart

Anscombe Out
Think he's bringing you into it because of this exuberant assertion. >EW
Ahh

Don't hold a man to words said under the influence of Guinness!

Anscombe Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fermain wrote:Billy Vunipola ... looks like a bad sport there, maybe he was burstin' for a pee!
We did see the likelihood of this after his mocking of the Ravenhill crowd on 5th April. Sadly he just appears to be yet another scumbeg.

BY the way, I didn't see it but did record it, is it worth watching?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I didn't see the game either, however seeing Sarries getting ripped a new one would be worth a watch.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
fermain wrote:Billy Vunipola ... looks like a bad sport there, maybe he was burstin' for a pee!
We did see the likelihood of this after his mocking of the Ravenhill crowd on 5th April. Sadly he just appears to be yet another scumbeg.

BY the way, I didn't see it but did record it, is it worth watching?
Just watch the highlights ie the Toulon tries. Rest wasn't great in all honesty

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Delighted for Vunipola.

Scumbeg of the highest order.

Different league to Ashton who imo, is largely a decent enough cove who is unfortunately given to acting like a prat.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Delighted for Vunipola.

Scumbeg of the highest order.

Different league to Ashton who imo, is largely a decent enough cove who is unfortunately given to acting like a prat.

Without having seen it yet I saw enough of Vunipola at Ravenhill to decide he is worthy of my fervent scorn a nd hatred whereas it does appear that Ashton may well be more to be pitied than scorned, possibly a bit of a daft pillock rather than knowingly a Vunipola.

Vunipola = lady's front bottom or potentially, from up to yet, a Vunt.

I thank you, I'm here all week, tell your friends.

Anscombe out
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ashton has the head of a baby and the body of a man. He is also has the brain of a pineapple. Like he when he shouted push it at Nick Evans during the conversion, it was literally the most gormless thing to do in that situation. When asked in an interview about the grotesque dive thing he does when scoring a try, he literally couldn't explain why he does it. He is nothing to get annoyed about and honestly doesn't probably mean to incite hatred intentionally, he is probably too dim to help himself.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

IQ of two; it takes three to grunt.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
theodddropgoal
Novice

Post by theodddropgoal »

I was on level 6. Great seats but the atmosphere was terrible. My wife (an irregular at Ravenhill) couldn't believe the difference. Poor match great result.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

theodddropgoal wrote:I was on level 6. Great seats but the atmosphere was terrible. My wife (an irregular at Ravenhill) couldn't believe the difference. Poor match great result.
If the atmosphere was bad in Cardiff under a closed roof it must have been bad. I was there in 2006 & 2008 when Munster won & it was deafening from start to finish.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
theodddropgoal wrote:I was on level 6. Great seats but the atmosphere was terrible. My wife (an irregular at Ravenhill) couldn't believe the difference. Poor match great result.
If the atmosphere was bad in Cardiff under a closed roof it must have been bad. I was there in 2006 & 2008 when Munster won & it was deafening from start to finish.
Was also there and agree atmosphere in stadium wasn't loud but we had great fun with the Toulon fans around us, swapping scarves/hats at the end of the game. There were a number of empty seats in the corners - based on our allocation at Twickenham it suggests to me that these were the seats reserved for sale to fans of the teams playing - hardly surprising then that they were empty given the teams in question - one being possibly the fans with furthest to travel and the other being, well Sarries.

Having said that, we had a fantastic weekend, best yet of the 4 Heiny finals I've been too. Absolutely great craic - I think I saw most premiership and rabo clubs represented (although don't remember seeing a weegie) - all we met were superb and in particular the Saints and Bath fans on Friday night as well as a very outnumbered tigger. By all accounts Saints and Bath only got 1,000 tickets each for the Amlin - a travesty for them particularly given the proximity of the game to both clubs. All we came across were completely united in their love for rugby and their wish for Sarries to be hammered :lol: with the exception of the Sarries fans we met just before the game - a bunch of decent guys if a bit misguided thinking they'd win by 10 points.

A special mention also for the very pleasant couple from California we met on Saturday afternoon - a rugby lover from across the pond who, with a lack of quality games to watch in USA, makes the trip every year for the Heiny finals weekend. He watches games most weeks from the Rabo and Premiership via Fox sports and his knowledge of the game would put most here to shame - am sure he'd win the award for those who travelled furthest for the match.

All in all a great weekend, good game on the Friday night, less good on Saturday although the tries are worth watching but the banter and result more than made up for it.

If you haven't been, and assuming (yeah, I know its a big assumption) that they don't mess with the finals weekend formula, give it a go
Sarriesfan
Novice

Post by Sarriesfan »

Don't understand why so many fans have it in for us and I thought given our Ulster connection we could have got some support yet I come on here and read nothing but bile against our club and it's supporters. I watched the game from home and thought we made a good start but they got away with murder being over the top, going offside and thuggish attacks on our players. Money bought them the cup anyway looking forward to next year and seeing the new competition move us forward with Rabo teams having to qualify for once.