Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43893962

According to reports Ulster branch has acted and fined Coleraine therefore what case has Coleraine RFC left to answer?

The matter therefore should be closed. Is this a case the referees association is taking matters into their own hands.

There was also an Ulster rugby open training session at Coleraine during the summer. Some sponsor hoarding in prime position for photos.

If Coleraine have already taken their punishment are they now expected to say please sir punish me some more.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43893962

According to reports Ulster branch has acted and fined Coleraine therefore what case has Coleraine RFC left to answer?

The matter therefore should be closed. Is this a case the referees association is taking matters into their own hands.

There was also an Ulster rugby open training session at Coleraine during the summer. Some sponsor hoarding in prime position for photos.

If Coleraine have already taken their punishment are they now expected to say please sir punish me some more.
The people who make UR have to take their own action when Shane Logans regime only paya lip service to the issue

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Mr 9. Coleraine received a £2k fine and that was suspended , do you blieve that is enough punishment to deter others being sexually abusive to Referees ?
You may know my sister, Dot
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

End rape culture now
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Polly Cotton wrote:Mr 9. Coleraine received a £2k fine and that was suspended , do you blieve that is enough punishment to deter others being sexually abusive to Referees ?
I believe she was abused because of xer gender
Do keep up

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:Mr 9. Coleraine received a £2k fine and that was suspended , do you blieve that is enough punishment to deter others being sexually abusive to Referees ?
I believe she was abused because of xer gender
Do keep up

Wow, oh Polly Cotton an accusation of molestation! Can you substantiate that please.

If a governing body decides the punishment fits the crime that's good enough for me. They will have had all of the facts presented from both sides, not just the local tittle tattle.

Now Polly if said person has been molested as you advise you've "cottoned" onto (not a few whatsapps) that is despicable and this should be a matter for the criminal courts.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43893962

Yip, for me if the Refs have a problem with the level of sanctions being given by the branch, then their action should be directed at the branch; not one particular club.

The disciplinary process needs to be final and respected. If you think it needs changed, then campaign for that; not the overturning of earlier decisions.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Coleraine Cooke game in the Junior Cup is being played at Cooke next Saturday.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:The Coleraine Cooke game in the Junior Cup is being played at Cooke next Saturday.
Perhaps this will settle it all
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Maybe the BBC interest will move things on, the club had a meeting with members and they all support the club stance, does that imply they agreed with the abusive comments
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Its not the first or last time "BOYS ' have sung a few rugby songs at matches or after and I do have certain sympathy for the endowed lady assitant referee --- once might be funny but you don't want to be running a line hearing the same chorus every week.

Get yer ---- out for the boys

With out liquor on board you've no chance
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

rumncoke wrote:Its not the first or last time "BOYS ' have sung a few rugby songs at matches or after and I do have certain sympathy for the endowed lady assitant referee --- once might be funny but you don't want to be running a line hearing the same chorus every week.

knobhead, it was not a few songs it was fully directed sexist abuse
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Its not the first or last time "BOYS ' have sung a few rugby songs at matches or after and I do have certain sympathy for the endowed lady assitant referee --- once might be funny but you don't want to be running a line hearing the same chorus every week.

knobhead, it was not a few songs it was fully directed sexist abuse

Any evidence ger?

Please observe the quoting Rum amensty in future.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Latest - seems to be resolved....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-45946368
Coleraine Rugby Club fined £5,000 over female referee abuse

By Mark Simpson
BBC News NI

Coleraine Rugby Club has been fined £5,000 by Ulster rugby authorities after a female referee was verbally abused at the club last season.

The referee, who was the target of sexist, verbal abuse from the touchline, is understood to be Grainne Crabtree.

She is a former City of Derry player.

Rugby referees refused to officiate at Coleraine's home matches after the incident in March, but have now agreed to end their protest.

However, it is not clear whether or not Coleraine has apologised to the referee.

The club is refusing to answer questions about the incident, including whether or not any internal disciplinary action has been taken.
◾Refs boycott rugby club over sexist abuse
◾Club fined for abuse of female referee

'Long-running dispute'

In a statement, the club made no direct reference to the referee at the centre of the verbal abuse.

"Coleraine Rugby Club is pleased that there has been a resolution to the long-running dispute involving rugby's Ulster Branch Referees Society and the club," a spokesperson said.

"The club has accepted the decision of the Ulster Branch review into this matter.

Coleraine Rugby Club has refused to answer questions about the incident

"We are now looking forward to giving a warm welcome to all referees and teams visiting our club for matches this week and in the future."

It is believed that although the club has been fined £5,000, there will be £2,000 returned in two years if there are no further incidents.

Ulster Rugby authorities have carried out two investigations into the incident.

Has the issue been resolved?

There appears to be an attempt within rugby to brush this controversy under the carpet.

Last month, Ulster rugby referees raised two issues:
◾The absence of an apology to referee Grainne Crabtree
◾The lack of internal disciplinary action by Coleraine.

Now, all sides seem prepared to move on without addressing these issues publicly.

They appear to be hoping that if they keep refusing give answers the questions will simply go away.

'Respect for referees'

Following the latest investigation, a spokesperson said: "Following a recommendation by the review panel, the IRFU Ulster Branch has imposed a fine on Coleraine RFC.

"This sanction has been accepted by the club.

"While the Coleraine RFC issue is now closed, the IRFU Ulster Branch is actively considering how to promote respect for referees."

Ulster Rugby authorities have carried out two investigations into the incident

The verbal abuse thrown at Ms Crabtree occurred at a fixture between Coleraine RFC and Dromore last season.

The two clubs are due to play each other again on Saturday.

The Ulster Society of Rugby Football Referees (USRFR) has agreed to resume duties at Coleraine.

"Our interest is the protection of our volunteer members and we are assured by the branch that they are actively reviewing measures to ensure their future well-being," a spokesperson said.

Last month the referee's society said no individual had been "held to account by Coleraine RFC and no apology has been received by the referee".

Their latest statement made no reference to either of these issues.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

You would like to think Coleraine has at least apologised to the ref
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best