Ulster Snr League

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheSnapper
Novice

Ulster Snr League

Post by TheSnapper »

Any results or comments from today?
I watched Hinch struggle to beat a very average Queens at the Dub 27-21 in a scappy game, Took a few snaps so will post them later.
How did Rainey do?
Available for weddings May to August only
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Snr League

Post by Rooster »

Armagh 47 Ards 13
Instonians 17 Dungannon 58
Rainey 12 Ballmena 25
Malone 15 Quins 46
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Was at cricket so I did not see our game. Sounds like we did well. Malone next up and I will be at that. Well done to Armagh
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

No real surprises there, I would expect Ards and Instonians to really struggle in the AIL. Seems Dungannon have alot of new faces in.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Heard a few stories about how bad Ards are so maybe Rainey will be second of bottom. Quins 2nds thumped 88 odd points so i see a problem there with strenghth in depth and to be honest Malone 1and 2`s are not that great Ulster Snr League to be fought between Hinch and Dungannon
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Sorry gents photographs will have to wait memory card was full of shots i took earlier of local wildlife :roll:
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

THIS SATURDAY 3RD SEPT 11

Banbridge vs Queens University : Banbridge to teach the young students a lesson, well win with a point or two.

Armagh vs Instonians: After last weeks spanking and lesson in running rugby Inst will struggle against a youthful apple land team.Armagh bonus point win,

Ballynahinch vs Rainey Old Boys :Hinch by at least 50 enough said.Again Rainey will fight up front but having only a pack wont win games.

Dungannon vs Malone: Bin men to go to Dungannon with a lot of fight, well they always want a fight!,Gannon to win and Malone 2nds to struggle even to put a team out for the 2ndXV fixture

Ballymena RFC vs Ards :Ards to get thrashed,

Belfast Harlequins vs City of Derry :The mighty Quins to get the wind knocked out of their sails, beating a poorMalone last week was another false dawn.

Just my opinion and does not represent the views of anyone sane :roll:
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

TheSnapper wrote:THIS SATURDAY 3RD SEPT 11

Banbridge vs Queens University : Banbridge to teach the young students a lesson, well win with a point or two.

Armagh vs Instonians: After last weeks spanking and lesson in running rugby Inst will struggle against a youthful apple land team.Armagh bonus point win,

Ballynahinch vs Rainey Old Boys :Hinch by at least 50 enough said.Again Rainey will fight up front but having only a pack wont win games.

Dungannon vs Malone: Bin men to go to Dungannon with a lot of fight, well they always want a fight!,Gannon to win and Malone 2nds to struggle even to put a team out for the 2ndXV fixture

Ballymena RFC vs Ards :Ards to get thrashed,

Belfast Harlequins vs City of Derry :The mighty Quins to get the wind knocked out of their sails, beating a poorMalone last week was another false dawn.

Just my opinion and does not represent the views of anyone sane :roll:
Very interesting views. Malone always gives us a fight so I don't think it will be easy for our guys but I expect a bonus point win. Armagh will defo give Inst a match. Quins should beat Derry likewise Ballynahinch. Queens gave Hinch a match last week so they should beat Banbridge. Like you said Ballymena should thrash Ards.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Dungannon won 56-3. A good performance against a hard working Malone side. Some good young players playing. A very young player called David Edgar and he was very elusive.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Yes Inst were a suprise packet today . the inclusion of Seamus Mallon really organised the backs,Forward really upped their game.

Rainey lost again!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TheSnapper wrote:Yes Inst were a suprise packet today . the inclusion of Seamus Mallon really organised the backs,Forward really upped their game.

Rainey lost again!
Were you not hugged enough as a child?
With the exception of Fuzzy I've never come across someone so desperate to be right.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I would hardly expect Rainey to beat 2 AIL 1B teams in their opening 2 fixtures, they kept it competitive against Ballymena which is more than Ards did. The Inst result is a shock.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Correct again.