USA Perpignan 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: USA Perpignan 2018/19

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote: 8 - 10 years after coming home, almost 800,000 men are still fighting the Vietnam war.
I'm not certain if you just enjoy quoting random statistics, have some hidden point or are suggesting that my post was irrelevant. I like you BR. Ya keep me guessing.
It's August, Shan. I tend to make less sense in the off season*. (Hard to believe, I know)

I also did not bother checking the accuracy of the above and can only reference Paul Hardcastle as my source.

* now that I've given up on the rugby, I guess it's the off season for 12 months/year. There will be no limit to the amount of baleex I can talk.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nice wan BR. Yer in good company. Most of us don't make much sense at any time. Na na na na na na na na nineteen.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:There were folk still fighting the war 40 years or more after it ended. I suspect you'll challenge that timeframe.

Some fighting here since 1690 and others since 1921 and some of the younger ones since 1969.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:There were folk still fighting the war 40 years or more after it ended. I suspect you'll challenge that timeframe.

Some fighting here since 1690 and others since 1921 and some of the younger ones since 1969.
40 years is a mere bagatelle. Im in this for the long haul.Tis the Ulster way :red:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Day 129. Lest we move on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

namron wrote:
40 years is a mere bagatelle. Im in this for the long haul.Tis the Ulster way :red:
Tis nearly on the level of the Israelites. They are fighting about a right to land "given" to them thousands of fecking years ago.

I think twas Behan compared the obsession of the Jews and Irish. He didn't specify a difference between Nord and Sud Irland but I'm sure he would have if pressed. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Israelites inhabit that small yet important piece of British mandate Palestine which will not be given up. They have no where else to go. Problem is, neither do the Arabs . If only the two tribes could both simultaneously give up their bigoted, mysoginistic religious beliefs and move on from the Bronze Age they could start a revolution and really butcher each other.

Was it Andy Jackson said The Scotch Irish made the finest soldiers ? Having both the dash of the Irish to seize a position and the stubbornness of the Scots to hold it.
Behan was indeed a wit
‘Hebrews and the Gaels have much in common. Both are exotic enough to be interesting and foreign enough to be alarming.’
I liked the pertinent quote about sex though
‘The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less. ‘ Paddy and Stewart take note !
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I think it was Shakespeare who said " When two tribes go to war, one is all that you can score,"
It bears no less relevance today then when he lived over 1000 years ago.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Frankie says Relax, don't do it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Paddy doing the presser

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Having luncheon over mile above sea level, I look down on this thread as unusually dumb, even for weesins.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Having luncheon over mile above sea level, I look down on this thread as unusually dumb, even for weesins.
And what?
Free paddy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I agree with Baggy, lets get this thread back on track.Think the 5 of us are going for Terrace tickets (appears to be the Pesage, at the front of the Jep Desclaux Stand) on Saturday 8th September 2018. But they don't appear to be on sale yet. Anyone else thinking of joining us?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I agree with Baggy, lets get this thread back on track.Think the 5 of us are going for Terrace tickets (appears to be the Pesage, at the front of the Jep Desclaux Stand) on Saturday 8th September 2018. But they don't appear to be on sale yet. Anyone else thinking of joining us?
The tickets for the Lyon game on the 8th should appear on the USAP website this weekend. They become available 2 weeks before the game.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Now safely back to sea level, the thread doesn't seem as bad. BR, for example, absenting himself from all rugby for a 12 month - trial??? - I too will be "interested from a distance" and see little possibility of a live match.

#Fu@kthe FIRFUC's
#Fu@kNucifora
#FOJS
VivelaFrance2023
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.