UBL Clubs Transfers

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UBL Clubs Transfers

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
dublane wrote:Every year the chat of Bursaries at Queen's is exaggerated. There is usually one big one which covers fees etc. After that they are small enough, the majority of UBL clubs are throwing money around at players, or jobs or houses etc.
Lot of new coffee shops in Banbridge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I heard Darren Cave had accepted a part-time coaching job as "skills & telling muthafukkas where to stand" coach at B'Bridge. Coffee shops should flourish, he loves coffee so much he opened his own shap.
Banbridge well versed in one of those

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Car insurance, best way to entice young players , put in into your expenses , so doing nuffin wrong, that and Cooken the books
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Ballynahinch (5): O'Toole, McCall, Regan, Hall, Hughes
Banbridge (4): O'Sullivan, Lowry, Hume, McCann
Malone (6): Dalton, Dunleavy, Agnew, G Curtis, A Curtis, Moore
Ballymena (4): Rea, Allison, Balacoune, Houston

I've copied the above from another thread and presume it is accurate.

is Armagh too far from Belfast to warrant Acadmey players being ''allocated'' to them or are players still allowed to choose which clubs they play for and none fancy the trip to the Orchard County ?

Any other significant player moveement between clubs ?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Tighthead Prod wrote:is Armagh too far from Belfast to warrant Acadmey players being ''allocated'' to them or are players still allowed to choose which clubs they play for and none fancy the trip to the Orchard County ?

interesting point about Armagh, also in 1B - the long overdue decision to pack the academy cohort into the top few clubs seems to have finally been taken, rather than have half of them grafting in 2A and 2B :roll: but it's a good question as to why Armagh seem to have missed the cut..
..one more thing
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Columbo wrote:
Tighthead Prod wrote:is Armagh too far from Belfast to warrant Acadmey players being ''allocated'' to them or are players still allowed to choose which clubs they play for and none fancy the trip to the Orchard County ?

interesting point about Armagh, also in 1B - the long overdue decision to pack the academy cohort into the top few clubs seems to have finally been taken, rather than have half of them grafting in 2A and 2B :roll: but it's a good question as to why Armagh seem to have missed the cut..
On the other hand Armagh have a decent set of backs and just a bit light at 8 and prop but should be competitive anyway, dry pitches and fast play is their style so expect good results early and late season though struggle in wet pitches against big packs.
Armagh may well have been happy enough to work with what they have and stick it out until the format changes.
Any side who thinks they are a pushover because they have no academy players will get a surprise, there should be some very entertaining matches this season.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Rooster wrote:
Columbo wrote:

On the other hand Armagh have a decent set of backs and just a bit light at 8 and prop but should be competitive anyway, dry pitches and fast play is their style so expect good results early and late season though struggle in wet pitches against big packs.
Armagh may well have been happy enough to work with what they have and stick it out until the format changes.
Any side who thinks they are a pushover because they have no academy players will get a surprise, there should be some very entertaining matches this season.
I have no doubt that Armagh will do a lot better in 1B than some people think and I wish them well in all matches - bar 2 . I also wasn't suggesting that any of the Academy players are necessarily any better than the current Armagh players, tho for the sake of the future of Ulste Rugby, I hope some are. I was merely questioning whether Armagh RFC was getting the same treatment from UR as other 1B clubs
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Distance from Belfast was probably a factor for any player thinking of moving to Armagh, also some of the academy lads might think it not as big a deal as getting time with one of other sides
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Rooster wrote:Distance from Belfast was probably a factor for any player thinking of moving to Armagh, also some of the academy lads might think it not as big a deal as getting time with one of other sides
Anyone who prefers the upper Woodstock Road, aka Cregagh Road, to the Ecclesiastical capital of Ireland is a Philistine …Only joking Rocky :stir:
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Tighthead Prod wrote:
Rooster wrote:Distance from Belfast was probably a factor for any player thinking of moving to Armagh, also some of the academy lads might think it not as big a deal as getting time with one of other sides
Anyone who prefers the upper Woodstock Road, aka Cregagh Road, to the Ecclesiastical capital of Ireland is a Philistine …Only joking Rocky :stir:
Have you seen our new bar, Proddie - it's very salubrious!!
But seriously, I would find it hard to believe that Armagh would have been left out of consideration for academy players. They are certainly equally deserving. For them, I suppose, it means that they can have a more settled squad throughout the season and, as Rooster says, I have no doubt that they will be very competitive. I think this season in 1B will be brilliant and here's hoping the two clubs that go up to 1A at the end will both be Ulster clubs.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

rocky wrote:
Tighthead Prod wrote:
Have you seen our new bar, Proddie - it's very salubrious!!
But seriously, I would find it hard to believe that Armagh would have been left out of consideration for academy players. They are certainly equally deserving. For them, I suppose, it means that they can have a more settled squad throughout the season and, as Rooster says, I have no doubt that they will be very competitive. I think this season in 1B will be brilliant and here's hoping the two clubs that go up to 1A at the end will both be Ulster clubs.
Rocky

I may make a nostalgic trip up the Woodstock and down Daddy Winker's Lane at some stage this season as a mate's son is in the Malone squad'
As you say. some great derbies in 1B this year and I too hope that 2 Ulster teams make it to 1A at the end of the season.