Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

August 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 10 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 648085
Total topics 19022
Total members 2917
Our newest member Cap10

Euro Draw 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 4 votes
  

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby kingofthehill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm

jean valjean wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone actually outline what's going on?
Where will the 2nd place cut be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Max points possible for 2nd place team:

Group 1 - 21
Group 2- 20 although extremely unlikely would take spreys to take 5 points and Clermont only 2.
Group 3 - 19
Group 4 - 20
Group 5 - 20 again unlikely as it would take Toulon to get 2 bonus points.

Short story is if Ulster win without a bp they will be 6th seeds and play away to 3rd seeds. If Ulster win with bp they will top group and get 4th seed and home qf.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


If La Rochelle win with BP as well,do they not top the group and get Home QF?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby jean valjean » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:21 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone actually outline what's going on?
Where will the 2nd place cut be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Max points possible for 2nd place team:

Group 1 - 21
Group 2- 20 although extremely unlikely would take spreys to take 5 points and Clermont only 2.
Group 3 - 19
Group 4 - 20
Group 5 - 20 again unlikely as it would take Toulon to get 2 bonus points.

Short story is if Ulster win without a bp they will be 6th seeds and play away to 3rd seeds. If Ulster win with bp they will top group and get 4th seed and home qf.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


If La Rochelle win with BP as well,do they not top the group and get Home QF?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a point ahead so will top group on total points with bp win.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby kingofthehill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 pm

jean valjean wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone actually outline what's going on?
Where will the 2nd place cut be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Max points possible for 2nd place team:

Group 1 - 21
Group 2- 20 although extremely unlikely would take spreys to take 5 points and Clermont only 2.
Group 3 - 19
Group 4 - 20
Group 5 - 20 again unlikely as it would take Toulon to get 2 bonus points.

Short story is if Ulster win without a bp they will be 6th seeds and play away to 3rd seeds. If Ulster win with bp they will top group and get 4th seed and home qf.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


If La Rochelle win with BP as well,do they not top the group and get Home QF?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a point ahead so will top group on total points with bp win.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk


don’t know what I was thinking.

La Rochelle win BP and ulster win then La Rochelle top group due to head to head. Isn’t that right?

Seems unfair to lose two group matches and ulster lose one and La Rochelle top group.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby jean valjean » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:34 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone actually outline what's going on?
Where will the 2nd place cut be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Max points possible for 2nd place team:

Group 1 - 21
Group 2- 20 although extremely unlikely would take spreys to take 5 points and Clermont only 2.
Group 3 - 19
Group 4 - 20
Group 5 - 20 again unlikely as it would take Toulon to get 2 bonus points.

Short story is if Ulster win without a bp they will be 6th seeds and play away to 3rd seeds. If Ulster win with bp they will top group and get 4th seed and home qf.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


If La Rochelle win with BP as well,do they not top the group and get Home QF?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a point ahead so will top group on total points with bp win.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk


don’t know what I was thinking.

La Rochelle win BP and ulster win then La Rochelle top group due to head to head. Isn’t that right?

Seems unfair to lose two group matches and ulster lose one and La Rochelle top group.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup our lack of bps will likely haunt us again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Wasps are dung. We will BP them easily.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16988
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:Oh dear :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzwYZc-b8Ug#action=share

30 seconds in approx


Can anyone work out what was said before MB made his comment?
#LOGANOUT
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3114
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:05 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Oh dear :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzwYZc-b8Ug#action=share

30 seconds in approx


Can anyone work out what was said before MB made his comment?
Something about fecking swinging arms all game
Then the commentator apologises.
Then matthieu goes on his rant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27770
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone actually outline what's going on?
Where will the 2nd place cut be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Max points possible for 2nd place team:

Group 1 - 21
Group 2- 20 although extremely unlikely would take spreys to take 5 points and Clermont only 2.
Group 3 - 19
Group 4 - 20
Group 5 - 20 again unlikely as it would take Toulon to get 2 bonus points.

Short story is if Ulster win without a bp they will be 6th seeds and play away to 3rd seeds. If Ulster win with bp they will top group and get 4th seed and home qf.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


If La Rochelle win with BP as well,do they not top the group and get Home QF?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a point ahead so will top group on total points with bp win.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk


don’t know what I was thinking.

La Rochelle win BP and ulster win then La Rochelle top group due to head to head. Isn’t that right?

Seems unfair to lose two group matches and ulster lose one and La Rochelle top group.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nah KOTH not having that, “unfair” is the Lionels trump card. We have to be better than that, take it on the chin and just marvel at what a shîte group it is when this Ulster team might win five matches.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29238
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby kingofthehill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:28 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:[quote="Russ"]Can someone actually outline what's going on?
Where will the 2nd place cut be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Max points possible for 2nd place team:

Group 1 - 21
Group 2- 20 although extremely unlikely would take spreys to take 5 points and Clermont only 2.
Group 3 - 19
Group 4 - 20
Group 5 - 20 again unlikely as it would take Toulon to get 2 bonus points.

Short story is if Ulster win without a bp they will be 6th seeds and play away to 3rd seeds. If Ulster win with bp they will top group and get 4th seed and home qf.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


If La Rochelle win with BP as well,do they not top the group and get Home QF?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a point ahead so will top group on total points with bp win.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk


don’t know what I was thinking.

La Rochelle win BP and ulster win then La Rochelle top group due to head to head. Isn’t that right?

Seems unfair to lose two group matches and ulster lose one and La Rochelle top group.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nah KOTH not having that, “unfair” is the Lionels trump card. We have to be better than that, take it on the chin and just marvel at what a shîte group it is when this Ulster team might win five matches.[/quote]

True


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Euro Draw 17/18

Postby Neill_M » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 pm

TV Schedule for the Round 6 Games (All KO Times - UK Time)

Saturday 20th Jan

1pm Glasgow v Chiefs BT
1pm MHR v :blueafro: Sky
3:15pm Sarries v Saints BT
3:15pm ASM v Ospreys BT
5:30pm Scaaarlets v RCT Sky
5:30pm Treviso v Baaaaath BT

Sunday 21st Jan

1pm Tigers v R92 Sky
1pm >TT v CO Sky
3:15pm Coventry v :red: BT
3:15pm ASR v Quins Sky

Highlights on TG4 of the games involving the Irish sides on Sat at 7:15pm and Sun at 6:15pm.
Last edited by Neill_M on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby Neill_M » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Challenge Cup update after R5:

Edinburgh 24 191
Pau 24 72
Newcastle 23 93
Westies 21 87
Cardiff 17 1

Gloucester 21 124
Bordeaux 16 28
Worcester 15 17

Gloucester playing Pau on Friday night (live on Sky) to decide who wins that pool, otherwise the other groups have been won. Cardiff look like being the "worst" winner and will be away from home in the QF.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby jean valjean » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Let's consider the quite realistic possibility that Ulster and Munster qualify in positions 4/5 seeds. The winner plays either seed 1 or 8 in the semi which is currently likely to be Leinster (1). If the 5th seed win they have home advantage, if the 4th seed wins then home advantage goes to Leinster. Either way Leinster get a semi at the Aviva or could we nominate somewhere else (Windsor/ thomond)......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby Shan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Hardly matters. If Munster or Ulster have to face a full strength Leinster anywhere they will be beaten and beaten comfortably. The only chance either would have is if Leinster didn't know where the game was on and forfeit rules would apply.

As for any Ulster v Munster game - Both at full strength there wouldn't be much in it.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10669
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby jean valjean » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Shan wrote:Hardly matters. If Munster or Ulster have to face a full strength Leinster anywhere they will be beaten and beaten comfortably. The only chance either would have is if Leinster didn't know where the game was on and forfeit rules would apply.

As for any Ulster v Munster game - Both at full strength there wouldn't be much in it.
Agree the result would not be in doubt, but a bit unfair Leinster get a home semi no matter what if it occurs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Postby Neill_M » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

3 week ban (reduced from 6 week starting point) for Mr Bastereaud for his choice of words on Sunday v Treviso - misses the Scarlets game and the 1st 6N game v Ireland.

4 week ban for nice Mr Haskell.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Provincial an' aither teams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->