TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

Last regular round of Super Rugby this weekend. If one or both of the 2 signings to be announced are involved in it, will they be involved in the playoffs I wonder? >EW

Re the NIQ thingy, D4 have 4 (Lowe, Tomane and Fardy with Whiskey Malone as their PP), >TT have 5 (Botha, Cloete, Taute with Marshall and Kleyn both PP)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kanbei wrote:It's still 4+1, Bryn said so at the Season Ticket Holders meeting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's interesting. I wonder do we have the dosh to use all remaining NIQ spaces?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

firebell53 wrote:Yes, two more signings to announce soon.
No one of international quality unfortunately.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
You say that as if you know who we're gettin'......
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
You say that as if you know who we're gettin'......
With the following logic
1. Nucifora blocked Janjtes deal as he would be missing for much of the year on international duty
2. It's a world cup year, anyone of international ambitious will not leave their home union

That's all I know

I would reckon we will never be allowed a Pienaar or Coetzee type signing again with Nucifora having clearly laid down a marker that anyone currently involved with their national team would be blocked. :scratch:
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Plenty of quality players out there who aren’t involved in their national sides for one reason or another..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:... we will never be allowed a Pienaar or Coetzee type signing again with Nucifora having clearly laid down a marker that anyone currently involved with their national team would be blocked. :scratch:
Eh?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:... we will never be allowed a Pienaar or Coetzee type signing again with Nucifora having clearly laid down a marker that anyone currently involved with their national team would be blocked. :scratch:
Eh?
My understanding is that Nucifora has been blocking any NIQ signing that is still currently involved playing with their international side. It was the reason cited for Jantjes being blocked.

Australian hooked Moore same reason?

When we signed both Pienaar and Coetzee they were still in international reckoning with South Africa therefore under his current dictate they would have been blocked from signing.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:
Eh?
My understanding is that Nucifora has been blocking any NIQ signing that is still currently involved playing with their international side. It was the reason cited for Jantjes being blocked.

When we signed both Pienaar and Coetzee they were still in international reckoning with South Africa therefore under his current dictate they would have been blocked from signing.
My memory is they were no longer in international reckoning. Pienaar had told them to shove it and Coetzee was in Jspan.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:
Eh?

My memory is they were no longer in international reckoning. Pienaar had told them to shove it and Coetzee was in Jspan.
Distinctly remember Pienaar only making it back from international duty in time to come off the bench against Castres when he scored the bonus point try. He collected several caps post signing for Ulster.

Coetzee too still very much in SA plans injured his knee prior coming to us playing for The Sharks in Super rugby not in Japan.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:
Eh?

Distinctly remember Pienaar only making it back from international duty in time to come off the bench against Castres when he scored the bonus point try. He collected several caps post signing for Ulster.

Coetzee too still very much in SA plans injured his knee prior coming to us playing for The Sharks in Super rugby not in Japan.
Pienaar returned to the fold when the SA management changed. My memory of MC is less certain, but I believe he was in Japan when he signed for us, but played Currie Cup before moving here.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I think the Japanese season had finished BR and he was playing Super Rugby again. His was the Sharks captain and maybe the game after the announcement he got injured.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:I think the Japanese season had finished BR and he was playing Super Rugby again. His was the Sharks captain and maybe the game after the announcement he got injured.
Correct, Japanese season is entirely outside of the Super Rugby season otherwise they would have no players. Major players seem to be allowed a go at effectively year-round rugby for a year or two, which allows them to collect a large wedge of semolians and means they can "afford" to stay in SR rather than being lost to NH. Must be great for their knees mind you.

Marcell's knees are currently in great order, remains to be seen how they are after actual rugby. An air of optimism about him, let's hope it's not misplaced.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

The Francois Steyn rumour seems to have died a death.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

222toHounslow wrote:The Francois Steyn rumour seems to have died a death.
It was never a serious suggestion. He is still under contract.