TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by fuzzylogic »

Couldnt find a post for this so i figured id make one, every1 loses a little gossip and dropping a few names after all!!

TO start the ball rolling, Colin Charvis is out of contract at the end of this season and the Dragons have shown no intentions of resigning, i think hed be a quality signing for us, theres still a few seasons left in im + if Matt McC is to be our 6 for the future he could learn a hell of alot from the Welsh Master..
Mary had a little lamb . . .
McPepper
Initiate

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by McPepper »

can't charvis play no 7 as well as no 6...... i think i remember him playing 7 once
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Shouldn't this be in the rumours section?
Scrumstretcher
Novice

Post by Scrumstretcher »

If the worst team in Wales don't want him what makes you think we do?
Paddy Wallace will remember him as the player that broke his leg in a tackle in Swansea. The tackle looked very like a cowboy trying to bring a steer down in a rodeo. :cowboy:
Bi Glic! Bi Glic!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ambitious officials from the Newport-Gwent Dragons club are in New Zealand looking to land themselves a big-name All Black signing or two for the next northern season.

Dragons chief executive Gethin Jenkins and coach Paul Turner are both in this country on a scouting mission and they've told media in Wales they are confident they can pick up All Blacks who can help lift the club to a position where they can challenge for silverware.

Jenkins confirmed to the Wales on Sunday newspaper that they have had discussions with a number of All Blacks, and they were hopeful of securing the services of some who could prove influential figures at the club.

The success of former Blues and Auckland skipper Xavier Rush at the Cardiff-based Blues has shown the sort of influence the right sort of signing can have, and the Dragons seem determined to follow a similar pathway.

"We are looking at possible recruits available to us," Jenkins told the Welsh paper. "Everybody knows we are excited about the crop of exciting Welsh talent, but we also need some experienced players.

"We are looking for players who can give us direction and leadership.

"Going for overseas talent has happened at Rodney Parade before but we will only sign the right players.

"We have been accused of lacking ambition but we are ambitious – we just aren't willing to get caught in a boom-or-bust cycle. When you look at the influence somebody like Xavier Rush has had at the Blues you can see what the right overseas player can bring to any side."

Welsh media were speculating that the Newport-based club could come out with a major announcement on a new signing as early as this week.

The Dragons have been quiet in the player-movement market of late and this has led to speculation they are keeping their powder dry to bring over some serious sort of All Black talent.

Welsh internationals Michael Owen and Ceri Sweeney are leaving the club this summer, and it is speculated that the club must act now to lift itself out of the lower regions of the Magners League table currently being occupied.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Seeing that The Saints backed out of a deal with Joe van Niekerk last year when they went down I wonder would he come our way now that Bestie is going to Saints :? Would be a better buy than Charvis for a start.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Lisburnsooty
Novice

Post by Lisburnsooty »

Yep, just what we really need.
Someone who has 'a couple of seasons' left in him.

what about building for the future rather than someone cashing in on their last season or two.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

We will have to build for the future around a core first XV but any SH player will only be here for a couple of seasons because they will all go home in time for the next RWC or else they will retire.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

thats not always the case cjp, look at the likes of X Rush and Steiner or even Mafi and Tipoki
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Tipoki and Rush are both over 30 and are here to finish their careers ok Steiner has been here a while but he was never going to get back into the AB set up.

SH players have to be brought into clear up problem positions and look to bring along the younger players around them e.g. we need a world class prop, 2nd row/back row and then three quarter.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Doesnt matter weather there over 30 or not, they have been playing in Europe for the past few years and they still have a few years left!

Are you saying you wouldnt want a SH player if they were going to play for another 5/6 years?
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

Not so much a rumour, but Michael Owen is out of contract with the dragons at the end of the year and i think would be a great asset in covering back row and second row. I've always really rated the guy.
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mr Frosty wrote:Not so much a rumour, but Michael Owen is out of contract with the dragons at the end of the year and i think would be a great asset in covering back row and second row. I've always really rated the guy.
Forget it now as he is already signed by Saracens.
phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4996&st=0&sk ... &start=210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Our best place to look for UK transfers is Scotland.
However some may have MW baggage
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

GerryO' wrote:However some may have MW baggage
I thought they were still looking in Terminal 5 for his baggage :shock: