New signing????

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

New signing????

Post by mikerob »

Very mysterious.... there was a post on the darkside this morning witha rumour that Ulster were signing a number 8 called Grant Webb from the NZ NPC team Hawkes Bay, however the post has been removed from the ur.com message board.

Given injuries to Ferris and Wilson, it seems sensible to bring in some cover... as long it isn't another Sam Harding who I don't think even played an entire half of rugby.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Saw that post as well MR, could removal signal some truth in rumour :?
With some of the dross over there, even more than here :wink: it is very strange that such a post should vanish :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

There was a post to that thread at 10:08 this morning. By 10:30 the thread was gone.

In the period between these times the thread was visible as a thread heading but it could not be accessed by either the heading link or through the post history of the first or last posters.

Very pro-active.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

I am surprised that it was inactivated and then deleted so soon. I did not think the board was so routinely monitored.

I guess they must now all about how to run a plc by now............

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

hb_ulsterman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:00 pm Post subject: New signing for ulster
rumour has it tht ulster have signed a new number 8 from New Zealand and he plaed for the almighty Hawkes Bay. Bllody handy player to, Grant Webb used to play for the highlanders as well. go the bay!! and ulster Image
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I saw it too, and did a little delving onto the hawks site... The cheerleaders caught my eye... wonder if Webb will bring any with him? :D
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

No mention in the Hawkes Bay section of NZ rugby site, The Silver Fern, although there was a post yesterday saying: "Im also dying to know what is happening with Grant Webb. I hope we keep him that boy is a very valuable assett."
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Details as of 18 June 2005

Grant Webb

No. 8
1.90m
108kg
26.04.79 (Palmerstown North)
Otago Matches 25
Otago Points 20
Club – University

"He has been touted as a player for the future since playing for New Zealand Colts in 2000 and making his Otago debut in 2001. After one Rebel Sport Super 12 game as a substitute in 2002, Webb became a regular member of the Highlanders pack in 2004 and was included again in 2005."

18 Jun 2005 – started as No. 8 for Otago v British and Irish Lions – was not replaced. The Lions won 30-19.

Only need the post June 2005 details now. :wink:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum