SIMON DANIELLI RETIRES WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: SIMON DANIELLI RETIRES WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

Post by Eggs »

bootlaced wrote:He has lost his pace,he plays a half decent game and then is injured,we really can't carry a player who has one good game a season.

And if it means that he retires [although I have never heard this] and we can get a quality overseas backrow or 10,then I would wish him well and welcome the new signing.

Your obsessed with getting a new 10 today! We have a very good 10, and one that has come on very well this season! And we have Jackson coming through, plus piennar if needs be!
I agree about the lack in the back row tho!

As far as Danielli goes, I think he will be great for us next season, with him and Gilroy effectively sharing that wing. Think his game last week really reminded me what he offers us
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Eggs wrote:
bootlaced wrote:He has lost his pace,he plays a half decent game and then is injured,we really can't carry a player who has one good game a season.

And if it means that he retires [although I have never heard this] and we can get a quality overseas backrow or 10,then I would wish him well and welcome the new signing.

Your obsessed with getting a new 10 today! We have a very good 10, and one that has come on very well this season! And we have Jackson coming through, plus piennar if needs be!
I agree about the lack in the back row tho!

As far as Danielli goes, I think he will be great for us next season, with him and Gilroy effectively sharing that wing. Think his game last week really reminded me what he offers us

Humps is good going forward,but you have to admit he is'nt really the best in defence,Ulster have now put him on the wing for 3 games,so it would probably be fair to suggest that he is not an all round player,Wallace when he was selected to play at 10,showed his limitations,and most Ulster fans if you take the time to go back to when he was being selected to play there at the start of the season where quite annoyed at him playing there,and blaming DK for interferring with the Ulster team,Pienaar can cover 10 in an emergency,but that means Marshall then plays 9,and I really worry at Marshall playing there at the moment,so who does that leave us if Humps gets injured ;Jackson. Jackson has great potential but even next year is probably a year or two too early,could you really imagine him playing against Saints or Leinster this season,if the Ulster coaches thought that Jackson was up to it why hav'nt they put him on the bench more often this season,re Danielli he has lost his pace this season,so one could possibly argue that he will not be as fast next season as he has been this season,players when they reach the age of Simon tend to get slower rather than faster.Just my humble thoughts and why I reckon we need to sign a 10 to back up Humps,is Bambury the answer I don't know,but we certainly need an out an out 10 as back up.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Rubbish.

On the basis of that argument then we should be looking at letting Stephen Ferris go.

Catch yourself on :roll:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Wee Woman wrote:
Rubbish.

On the basis of that argument then we should be looking at letting Stephen Ferris go.
and your point is? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

bootlaced wrote:

Humps is good going forward,but you have to admit he is'nt really the best in defence,Ulster have now put him on the wing for 3 games,so it would probably be fair to suggest that he is not an all round player,Wallace when he was selected to play at 10,showed his limitations,and most Ulster fans if you take the time to go back to when he was being selected to play there at the start of the season where quite annoyed at him playing there,and blaming DK for interferring with the Ulster team,Pienaar can cover 10 in an emergency,but that means Marshall then plays 9,and I really worry at Marshall playing there at the moment,so who does that leave us if Humps gets injured ;Jackson. Jackson has great potential but even next year is probably a year or two too early,could you really imagine him playing against Saints or Leinster this season,if the Ulster coaches thought that Jackson was up to it why hav'nt they put him on the bench more often this season,re Danielli he has lost his pace this season,so one could possibly argue that he will not be as fast next season as he has been this season,players when they reach the age of Simon tend to get slower rather than faster.Just my humble thoughts and why I reckon we need to sign a 10 to back up Humps,is Bambury the answer I don't know,but we certainly need an out an out 10 as back up.
Fair points, and nothing there I can disagree with. Think I somewhat missed your point, the way I read it I thought you were thinking we need to bring in a big name NIQ player to replace IHumph, which I really don't think is true. We do need help in the backrow, now we have a strong 15 and 3 coming it's definitely our weakest area.

The odd thing is that this season I actually thought Humph had come on leaps and bounds in defence (and everywhere else!). I'm a bit baffled by his slump since injury, can only assume it is a combination of not being fully fit and a big stint with no game time.

It is early for Jackson, but thhe difficulty is what would we do with another 10 if we signed one? Would they play backup 10 for Humph in the league? Well if that's the case then there goes Jacksons gametime. And he would have to be pretty good to be a better option than moving Piennar to 10. Perhaps the answer is a more reliable backup 9, although I really do still think there's potential in Marshall, and I don't share some peoples dread of him at 9 and Piennar at 10.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

sign0006.gif
sign0006.gif (1.48 KiB) Viewed 6745 times
How dare you gentlemen attempt to ruin a perfectly good hoax thread with talk of props and suchlike.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
sign0006.gif
How dare you gentlemen attempt to ruin a perfectly good hoax thread with talk of props and suchlike.
So has Danielli NOT retired then? :shock:
I'm not arguing -
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
sign0006.gif
So has Danielli NOT retired then? :shock:
I can confirm that you may have a definite maybe on that :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

No comment!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

We need him to have a big game tomorrow night. He has the ability to produce the goods and I hope he does.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

backawaygoonahead wrote:It had been widely touted that Simon was considering retirement but nobody expected this.and quite fecking right too.

Am I the only one who is getting fed up (I'm being polite) with rumours of Simon either retiring or being frogmarched to the gates to Ravenhill and told to sling his hook?

Would someone brad pitt or get off the pot. Our Simon was outstanding at MK on Sunday, why he would want to retire is beyond me.

Now can we make a pact not to keep bringing this nonsense up?

A year later we find out!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Couldn't be bothered starting a new topic just for a bit of tittle tattle............ :roll:

Wife accused of assaulting ex-Ulster Rugby ace Danielli
A woman has appeared in court accused of assaulting her ex-Ulster Rugby star husband and damaging his luxury Jaguar car.

Olivia Jane Danielli is charged with unlawfully assaulting her 6ft 2in former international husband Simon Danielli on August 9 last year.

Newtownards Magistrates Court heard that the 28-year-old, whose address was given as the upmarket Marino Station Road in Holywood, is also accused of destroying or damaging a top of the range 2012 Jaguar XF car belonging to Mr Danielli on the same date.

The plush automatic Jag retailed at around £38,000.

On Wednesday the case was adjourned until March, and Ms Danielli has yet to enter a plea to either charge, Sunday Life reported.

The Daniellis, who have three children, are regular fixtures on the local social scene. Ex-Bath, Borders and Ulster winger Simon made 32 appearances for Scotland and 78 for Ulster before being forced to retire due to a back injury in 2012.

Ms Danielli (nee Jennings) is the daughter of developer Shamus Jennings - one of Northern Ireland's richest men. In 2012 he was said to be worth £67m.

She is also a former model who has worked for the Alison Clarke agency.

On Twitter Olivia describes herself as 'Domestic Goddess, MILF, animal lover. Loves to party!'

It is not clear if Mr and Mrs Danielli remain a couple.

Companies House records show that in April 2015 businessman and Oxford graduate Mr Danielli resigned a number of directorships with companies linked to members of the Jennings family.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 72723.html
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

IN respect of the above tittle tattle:

I hear from a source that Mrs D, three times voted Ulster MILF of the Year, just couldn't stand the embarrassment of so called ex-rugby playing athlete, Si, driving an automatic. A mutual friend tells me that "party girl" Mrs D says, "I was broke with the shame of it, so I was, quite honestly I'd rather have my pipes cleaned by an old codger in a Ford Anglia ..........anything but a man in a girlie automatic".

Si, has not been answering my calls, so I know of no excuses for a man driving an automatic.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Olivia describes herself as 'Domestic Goddess, MILF

Classy.

How is the North Dahn "social scene" going to cope?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:IN respect of the above tittle tattle:

I hear from a source that Mrs D, three times voted Ulster MILF of the Year, just couldn't stand the embarrassment of so called ex-rugby playing athlete, Si, driving an automatic. A mutual friend tells me that "party girl" Mrs D says, "I was broke with the shame of it, so I was, quite honestly I'd rather have my pipes cleaned by an old codger in a Ford Anglia ..........anything but a man in a girlie automatic".

Si, has not been answering my calls, so I know of no excuses for a man driving an automatic.
A spokesperson close to Mr D apparently has stated that when he wanted to buy a non-automatic version of the car, it was only available with a "Mondeo" badge on it.
I'm not arguing -