Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 22 users online :: 8 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Cormac, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot, theodddropgoal, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657537
Total topics 19119
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby ninjamop » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

backawaygoonahead wrote:
ninjamop wrote:ha ha duffies a tube


Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:


Dint you play rugby at your school,duffy is a tube you woodenhead ha ha
User avatar
ninjamop
Novice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby Rooster » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm

ninjamop wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
ninjamop wrote:ha ha duffies a tube


Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:


Dint you play rugby at your school,duffy is a tube you woodenhead ha ha

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39838
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby Windeos » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:47 pm

ninjamop wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
ninjamop wrote:ha ha duffies a tube


Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:


Dint you play rugby at your school,duffy is a tube you woodenhead ha ha


Image
User avatar
Windeos
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby porterbelly » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Can't see Duffy being too eager to move as his form for Connaught propelled him back into the Irish setup after being exiled for awhile. He gave his heart and soul for the cause last year and rather like John Muldoon, I'd imagine he'd like to deliver Heineken Cup rugby to the province and play Heineken for Connaught before he considers his options.
This looks doomed enough with Ulster getting heavily backed and recruiting 3 springbok internationals and Connaught only being able to sign 2 AIL players and Kyle Tonetti the up and coming Leinster 10/12 rejecting us at the 11th hour in favour of Sale Sharks because we could only offer him a 1 year contract as restricted by the IRFU
User avatar
porterbelly
Novice
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby Pimpmac » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:52 pm

porterbelly wrote:Can't see Duffy being too eager to move as his form for Connaught propelled him back into the Irish setup after being exiled for awhile. He gave his heart and soul for the cause last year and rather like John Muldoon, I'd imagine he'd like to deliver Heineken Cup rugby to the province and play Heineken for Connaught before he considers his options.
This looks doomed enough with Ulster getting heavily backed and recruiting 3 springbok internationals and Connaught only being able to sign 2 AIL players and Kyle Tonetti the up and coming Leinster 10/12 rejecting us at the 11th hour in favour of Sale Sharks because we could only offer him a 1 year contract as restricted by the IRFU


Streuth the sheep shagging "Connaught" fan is back. You know it is a done deal now. Apparently someone overheard in a chip shop on Shop St last night that Duffy had a fall out with his girlfriend. Some bird called Ewe is stalking him apparently so he has taken flight and is enroute to Belfast.

You heard it here first
User avatar
Pimpmac
Initiate
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:22 pm
Location: Wise man from the East

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby backawaygoonahead » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:10 am

ninjamop wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
ninjamop wrote:ha ha duffies a tube


Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:


Dint you play rugby at your school,duffy is a tube you woodenhead ha ha


Congratulations young man - splendid effort. I look forward to reading all your posts at length - much merriment guaranteed :D :D :D

Delighted to make your acquaintance. Suppose you will be in bed now but I hope you get this in the morning.

Talk soon

Backawaygoonawoodenhead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS Hey Windies, have you been spying on me, where did you get my picture :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!


Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
User avatar
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Bangor Co Down

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby notj » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:27 am

Connaught :lol:

He doesn't even realise does he?
User avatar
notj
Steward
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby backawaygoonahead » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:57 pm

notj wrote:Connaught :lol:

He doesn't even realise does he?


Nope :D

He has been coy about himself since appearing on the :puker: Rush thread. Claims some sort of 2nd connection to "Connaught" despite being lectured at length about the fact that all we are familiar with that name is a hotel. :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!


Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
User avatar
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Bangor Co Down

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby moondance » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm

backawaygoonahead wrote: Claims some sort of 2nd connection to "Connaught" despite being lectured at length about the fact that all we are familiar with that name is a hotel. :lol:


Is that the royal "we" goon? Some of us are also familiar with a newspaper of that name - The Connaught Telegraph, it has been published in Co Mayo from 1828. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/
User avatar
moondance
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:09 pm
Location: The East - where the wise men came from

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby Conas » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:13 pm

moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

Is that the royal "we" goon? Some of us are also familiar with a newspaper of that name - The Connaught Telegraph, it has been published in Co Mayo from 1828. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/


Well done moondance for going completely off topic with something no one is interested in whatsoever.

As regards Gavin Duffy going to Ulster I don't think it would happen he'd go to Munster and Leinster before he'd go to Ulster. Why would anyone want Duffy anyway he's crap. Can't even make the Irish team.
User avatar
Conas
Novice
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby BR » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

Conas wrote:
moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:

Is that the royal "we" goon? Some of us are also familiar with a newspaper of that name - The Connaught Telegraph, it has been published in Co Mayo from 1828. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/


Well done moondance for going completely off topic with something no one is interested in whatsoever.

As regards Gavin Duffy going to Ulster I don't think it would happen he'd go to Munster and Leinster before he'd go to Ulster. Why would anyone want Duffy anyway he's crap. Can't even make the Irish team.


So - let me get this right, you don' want any player who can't make the Irish team? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby backawaygoonahead » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:28 am

moondance wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote: Claims some sort of 2nd connection to "Connaught" despite being lectured at length about the fact that all we are familiar with that name is a hotel. :lol:


Is that the royal "we" goon? Some of us are also familiar with a newspaper of that name - The Connaught Telegraph, it has been published in Co Mayo from 1828. http://www.con-telegraph.ie/


Stretching it a bit there Moondance and fair enough but let me explain. I think you have been badly mis-informed by those Connaught rascals and their spurious claim to have published "The Connaught Telegraph." A blatant lie.

Before I go on are you sure that "Some of us are" shouldn't be replaced "I am". Further why stop with the CT? You could have mentioned the Connaught Motor Company or even The Connaught Tower Corporation of New York City - they would have been just as relevant.

As every dog within the borders of the 5 counties will know, it actually started life in 1828 as the Mayo Telegraph and being a traditionalist I refuse to acknowledge the new fangled title which clearly was merely a commercial ruse to encourage people within the 4 other counties to buy the paper. i'm pretty sure that would have caused outrage at the time.Some people may even have refused to wipe their arses on it >TB

Also relevant is the fact that in 1828 you will not be surprised to discover the proprietor was a "West Briton" with the monicker of Lord Cavendish, so it is hardly surprising that he or a subsequent proprietor would have adopted Connacht's Anglicised name Connaught.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!


Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
User avatar
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Bangor Co Down

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby moondance » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:12 am

Before I go on are you sure that "Some of us are" shouldn't be replaced "I am". Further why stop with the CT? You could have mentioned the Connaught Motor Company or even The Connaught Tower Corporation of New York City - they would have been just as relevant.

"Some of us" means just that - some of us, there has been discussion previously on this board that there are two newspapers published in the western province, one with Connacht in the title, one with Connaught.

An English sportscar manufacturer or an apartment block in the USA could hardly be considered as relevant at all.
User avatar
moondance
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:09 pm
Location: The East - where the wise men came from

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby Conas » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:06 pm

You see I can't work out where this thread is going at all..It was about Gavin Duffy to Ulster now it's turning into a Connacht v Connaught spelling thread.

Now BR to answer your question.. im not interested in anyone who can't make the Irish team it really shows you that they are very ordinary players. Duffy and Fionn Carr are ok playing crap teams in the magners league who make them look good but when they played a quality team like Toulon they were no where to be seen, and why would want to sign a player like that? I'd do better on a rugby field myself that's why I'm going to start playing rugby.
User avatar
Conas
Novice
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Postby scrum5 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:58 pm

im not interested in anyone who can't make the Irish team it really shows you that they are very ordinary players.
The >TH >TH are full of them.......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Raver's rumours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->