NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by Rooster »

AndyB wrote:
Red Hand Hero wrote:Its a name that has been bandied about DL not sure if he'll get it or not. To be fair considering what he has to work with it is hard to hudge the man though i wouldn't personally be keen. As i said an unenviable situation awaits the successor, MR really has left the place in a bad state, should have got the boot long long ago. I retract previous good wishes to the man.
Think you're being very harsh and unfair to MR there RHH.
Suppose he should have added the management committee as well as they approved all Mike did so if he thought it and they approved it then they are as guilty as him for anything that has gone wrong, so seeing he has left they should follow.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Rooster wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Red Hand Hero wrote:Its a name that has been bandied about DL not sure if he'll get it or not. To be fair considering what he has to work with it is hard to hudge the man though i wouldn't personally be keen. As i said an unenviable situation awaits the successor, MR really has left the place in a bad state, should have got the boot long long ago. I retract previous good wishes to the man.
Suppose he should have added the management committee as well as they approved all Mike did so if he thought it and they approved it then they are as guilty as him for anything that has gone wrong, so seeing he has left they should follow.
Yep
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Pray tell why Andy?

There is little that i could type that would be 'harsh or unfair' on MR. He and the committee (who by the by are meant to keep the CEO and his ego in check) have left UR in a precarious state, possibly unprecedentedly precarious, due to his ignorance, ego-mania and general gross incompetence in running a professional outfit. Should have been cast aside after doing FA in the wake of a miraculous European Cup win when he clearly had neither the foresight, ability or the acumen to do so. Ten years to late and i just hope that in another ten years we're not regretting firing the fat oaf sooner. Effing disgrace.

I could go on but shall resist in the hope the right person (and not just some fcuking cooshey appointment that will not rock the boat) is appointed and can sift through the wreckage and pull us back from the brink and that some genuine fears are not fully realised.
Some of the things i have heard recently about MR's tenure have appalled me - to put it mildly. While not solely responsible - he and the committee have a LOT to answer for.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

A dog was telling me that the Connacht CEO is an Ulsterman and possibly in the running for it...
Goes by the name of Gerry Kelly and from what i can gather is from a GAA background..............why not?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
browner wrote:
A dog was telling me that the Connacht CEO is an Ulsterman and possibly in the running for it...
Goes by the name of Gerry Kelly and from what i can gather is from a GAA background..............why not?
I didn't say he shouldn't...
I know.................i'm just posing the question.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Red Hand Hero wrote:
IMO we need someone with an interest in Ulster rugby (ideally) but primarily and most importantly a proven track record of business success and if possible proven success in another sporting organisation. Things are going to be tough and we need a person to take on the challenges that lie ahead, make the tough calls and steer us through, to hopefully come out the other side the better for it.
Agreed RHH...and no dis-respect to the man from Connacht....but if that's the best we can do then i don't hold out a lot of hope for the future.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

what RHH and GC said
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

I'd love to find out about what reid has been up to in charge of Ulster.

By the tone of RHH and GC have posted it isn't good, would love a pm
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I think it's the fact that he let the head start we had over the other provinces, our 99 HC win, to slip away. He then repeated this with the Celtic League triumph and to a lesser extent the Celtic Cup.

I really don't think it'll change though with Mike Reids resignation. He isn't the only headless chicken. Jobs for the boys. NOT the way to run a professional outfit.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

Jackie Brown wrote:I think it's the fact that he let the head start we had over the other provinces, our 99 HC win, to slip away. He then repeated this with the Celtic League triumph and to a lesser extent the Celtic Cup.

I really don't think it'll change though with Mike Reids resignation. He isn't the only headless chicken. Jobs for the boys. NOT the way to run a professional outfit.

here here
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Notwithstanding all that has been posted, who would want to take on a CEO role in which one is obliged to go cap in hand to an Executive Committee comprising club committee men with selfish vested interests.

I understand that the review of governance of the Union was thrown out, but then my thoughts turn to Turkeys, Christmas and Democracy.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

the original kimble wrote:Notwithstanding all that has been posted, who would want to take on a CEO role in which one is obliged to go cap in hand to an Executive Committee comprising club committee men with selfish vested interests.

I understand that the review of governance of the Union was thrown out, but then my thoughts turn to Turkeys, Christmas and Democracy.

tok
If by "Union" you mean "Branch", it wasn't thrown out - like everything else in UR it just takes longer than it should. I understand it was accepted, but is now going through legal procedures to change the constitution. Possibly complete December/January. Other provinces at various stages of completing theirs - Leinster complete (I think), Munster prob complete November, Connacht - who knows?

The new CEO should have a better framework to work in - more freedom to actually get things done apparently (allegedly)!

I don't know what the actual new framework entails.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bullneck

Post by Bullneck »

Ah I see. No record of any success or innovation with Connacht would be my major concern. I know his hands are partly tied by the IRFU but so to could ours be thanks to MR's legacy and also considering he has put up with old Mick for 7 seasons now he would not strike me as a man that has terribly high expectations either which is not what we need. There is no record of thinking outside the box for increasing Connachts revenue streams, profile etc.

IMO we need someone with an interest in Ulster rugby (ideally) but primarily and most importantly a proven track record of business success and if possible proven success in another sporting organisation. Things are going to be tough and we need a person to take on the challenges that lie ahead, make the tough calls and steer us through, to hopefully come out the other side the better for it
No one readily springs to mind, however, would Howard Wells be an option - proven track record with IFA - yet he has already been bitten once and may not wish to commit :scratch:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

No one readily springs to mind, however, would Howard Wells be an option - proven track record with IFA - yet he has already been bitten once and may not wish to commit
You must be joking!
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

YoungMan wrote:A man from the shadows with no baggage but some rugby association would be my guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hank Marvin or Bruce Welch?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: