TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Deraless »

The realisation that without Charless our 3 current NIQs are Coetzee, Diesel and SVDM has just slapped me up the kite and made me quite sad. Even if they weren't all permanently wrecked only one looks good enough to improve what we already have.

I remember hearing a "suit" telling all who would listen in October that Jean would be Ulster's player of the season this year...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Cut the Hond loose and let’s see what the O’props can do.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:Cut the Hond loose and let’s see what the O’props can do.
Release the hond!

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Forget about Ian Whitten, he has signed a 3 year deal in Exeter
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ex Ulster player told me none of the ex Ulster players in the Avivabosh have any notion of returning. He even used Whitten as an example of a player who flourished when he left.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Dave wrote:Ex Ulster player told me none of the ex Ulster players in the Avivabosh have any notion of returning. He even used Whitten as an example of a player who flourished when he left.
You don't need an "ex-Ulster player" to figure that one out :roll:
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

breakdown wrote:
Dave wrote:Ex Ulster player told me none of the ex Ulster players in the Avivabosh have any notion of returning. He even used Whitten as an example of a player who flourished when he left.
You don't need an "ex-Ulster player" to figure that one out :roll:
True
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I assume that nobody is buying the FOLKlore of Alster standing by Marcell in the expectation of him being player of the season next year, rather they had, in Rugby terms, no exit strategy?

I assume I bought a cart load of shyte in hoping against evidence that Deysel and Hond might be, if not stellar as Marcell clearly was, then useful?

I assume many like me may have started to think, if they aren’t fit or top class, feck it, go for IQ produce. Financially it is the way to go, no more 200 cap players who have never been good enough to call the shirt their own.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I assume that nobody is buying the FOLKlore of Alster standing by Marcell in the expectation of him being player of the season next year, rather they had, in Rugby terms, no exit strategy?

I assume I bought a cart load of shyte in hoping against evidence that Deysel and Hond might be, if not stellar as Marcell clearly was, then useful?

I assume many like me may have started to think, if they aren’t fit or top class, feck it, go for IQ produce. Financially it is the way to go, no more 200 cap players who have never been good enough to call the shirt their own.
Id accept a couple of years in the lower competitions of we were growing indigenous players

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I assume that nobody is buying the FOLKlore of Alster standing by Marcell in the expectation of him being player of the season next year, rather they had, in Rugby terms, no exit strategy?

I agree. I have no desire to see any 'marquee' type NIQ signings in the future. The pack that we saw against LR was more than useful and all IQ. With Jordi and Marty on route and a few nippers to come through we should invest in the irish talent available. Any NIQ signings should not be breaking the bank. It's too much money on one guy.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Russ wrote:

Id accept a couple of years in the lower competitions of we were growing indigenous players

Agreed, Russ. I'd take any silverware we can get and some breathing space to develop the youngsters.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:

I agree. I have no desire to see any 'marquee' type NIQ signings in the future. The pack that we saw against LR was more than useful and all IQ. With Jordi and Marty on route and a few nippers to come through we should invest in the irish talent available. Any NIQ signings should not be breaking the bank. It's too much money on one guy.
Not quite my thoughts Dave, I'd still go balls out for the right NIQ, a genuinely top class player in a position we need to cover - but not like Chaz admittedly, I believe Cockers when he suggests that we bought bums on seats rather than covered a position that needed cover or we would have bought a back row. I'd also think of not filling all NIQ places unless the right players at the right money were available.

We are now finding ourselves with 3 NIQs next year and unless Marcell makes a stunning recovery, they aren't worth the steam off yer pish, better off with Matty Rea, Timoney, Hall, Dalton, Jones, guys who would be busting their hump for a chance, guys who have let nobody down when called upon. And equally the Os props and others.

Time to back Irish talent unless someone unexpectedly has credentials from abroad matched with a suitable rugby game in a position needed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Not quite my thoughts Dave, I'd still go balls out for the right NIQ, a genuinely top class player in a position we need to cover - but not like Chaz admittedly, I believe Cockers when he suggests that we bought bums on seats rather than covered a position that needed cover or we would have bought a back row. I'd also think of not filling all NIQ places unless the right players at the right money were available.

We are now finding ourselves with 3 NIQs next year and unless Marcell makes a stunning recovery, they aren't worth the steam off yer pish, better off with Matty Rea, Timoney, Hall, Dalton, Jones, guys who would be busting their hump for a chance, guys who have let nobody down when called upon. And equally the Os props and others.

Time to back Irish talent unless someone unexpectedly has credentials from abroad matched with a suitable rugby game in a position needed.
Jones had something about him after he had the fear of god put into him at half time against Munster

I liked the look of Rea at 8 in the second half too

Can see a future backrow of Jones Rea and Timoney at least being capable of doing a job in the league

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

But but but, surely we send them off to come home to the roost far better players, oh aye that's right a wet dream.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
But but but, surely we send them off to come home to the roost far better players, oh aye that's right a wet dream.
If I had a £100 for every time some clown talks about "them coming back better players" I'd have a brave collection of semolians.

Those who actually have gone off and become better players and returned include all of the following:

Niall O'Connor .................sure improved is a wide term with lots of elasticity.