Scrum machine

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Lanzaman
Initiate

Scrum machine

Post by Lanzaman »

We are looking at building our own scrum machine as here is no way we can afford to buy one (never mind pay the postage cost!). We have the materials & workforce to put it together, but despite having trawled the internet for hours, I can only manage to get the very basic dimensions of one.

If anyone out there is near a club / training ground in the near future & can either get some photos of a basic scrum machine from different angles with some measurements, or put together a basic diagram, I would be extremely grateful.

Muchas gracias.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Scrum machine

Post by Jackie Brown »

Can't be too difficult i'm sure, just a heavy steel frame with pads and a heavy weight. There used to be one kicking around the top pitches at Carrick Grammar. If i get home in time I'll have a nosey.

Can i get paid in Canary Island points please, my method for chosing who wins games isn't doing to good.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Many thanks, JB & I'm sure some form of reward related to Lanzarote rugby will be forthcoming for any help.... your points do need a boost !
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Lanza

You may well have already came across this. It includes 12 photos taken during fabrication but it does not include the finished article. Some CAD images are also included. It was a project undertaken at the USP School of Engineering and Physics - would they respond to an email?

http://www.usp.ac.fj/index.php?id=5670
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Cheers Cables,

Funny enough, one of the lads brought a print-out of that one to training last night, so we'll have a look & see if we can work it out. If not, as you suggest, a quick email wouldn't do an harm.

Thanks again.

Lanz
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Lanza

Latest Rugby World magazine has an ad for Predator with photos of various models of scrum machine.

Check out some photos on their website here

https://www.predator.uk.com/index2.html

Cheers

Colin :thumright:
Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

Cheers Colin, and they have a Spanish contact !

How's tricks ?